• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sask power

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like more global warming forecasted for this week.....dont unplug from the grid yet!

Comment

Originally posted by macdon02 View Post
      Was thinking a still and gas generator or canola press and diesel and pull the plug to the grid
      Still Have old 32volt gas powered light plant in basement of house. Runs on gas or ethanol may have to change generator to 110v.

Comment

How much per KW ours is .0459 Sept bill is energy 34.84 transmission 29.23 distribution 61.00 and some miss =135.85.

Comment

Originally posted by sk_wheatking View Post
          Looks like more global warming forecasted for this week.....dont unplug from the grid yet!
          gas and power should be unhooked to the greentards living in sask . then they can show us how it's done
          I happen to think power and gas are fairly cheap here in sask for the work we do with it

Comment

Saskpower charges me $0.12224/kwh+$33.00 basic cost/month.

Comment

One good ice storm and half the province would be out for weeks.

Posts have repair on them still standing but if you passed with a bike and hockey stick and hit them probably would go over.

Comment

Originally posted by BreadWinner View Post
                I have a 1600sf house with electric clothes dryer, stove, and water heater. All led and high eff furnace. Farm and shop are on a seperate service. My bill is a crazy $1450.00 per 3 months. I might have to get solar and wind power just to lower the power bill. What are others paying.
                So which was the bill for? the house or the farm and shop?

Comment

It is just for the house. I think My family must have a growop that I didnt know about.

Comment

Is that a natural gas furnace? Heated floor?

Comment

Originally posted by grassfarmer View Post
                      So which was the bill for? the house or the farm and shop?
                      That seems crazy. Our 1100 square feet house - baseboard heaters, water heater, stove. Mid Sep to mid October usage $83.59.

Comment

Originally posted by grassfarmer View Post
                        That seems crazy. Our 1100 square feet house - baseboard heaters, water heater, stove. Mid Sep to mid October usage $83.59.
                        Grassy, Manitoba Hydro must be cheap. Wait intil you get a bunch of windmills and then watch your rates go up.

Comment

It has a heated floor in the 1 bathroom. I phoned saskpower and they said something is crazy about that amount of power. Its 3 times what most houses that size cost to run. Im looking into a ground leak from the meter to the house.

Comment

Originally posted by BreadWinner View Post
                            It has a heated floor in the 1 bathroom. I phoned saskpower and they said something is crazy about that amount of power. Its 3 times what most houses that size cost to run. Im looking into a ground leak from the meter to the house.
                            Lol! Good luck with the wild goose chase...lol. I've been down that road already. I even had them out to check our meter. Just accept it because it's going nowhere but up. Like they say at telemiracle....where are we going?!.......HIGHER!!!!!!

Comment

A business owner in Saskatoon thought his bill was way too high for the few computers he was using so he went on the internet and purchased an add-on the line meter. Found out he was paying for his and everyone else in the building because of how it was hooked up. He got a rebate that prepaid his power for years. Goess Sask Power squared up with the other guys who were getting away without paying for years. Maybe you could check for "leaks" in your system.

Comment

I bought a energy usage meter and hooked it up to my panel yesterday, so far it looks as though the meter at the pole is reading 3 times higher than the meter in the house.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.