• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sask power

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sask power

The infrastructure in the province must be in pretty rough shape. Any amount of wind and there is issues. I had to replace my furnace motor and control board this fall, the first thing the technician asked was do u get allot of power surges. He recommend a surge protector be installed on the main supply into the house.

Just flashed here, crazy f'ing wind/snow!

Comment

This is what happens when NEVER do any maintenance on after construction. Also it does not help when the government (NDP or SP) keeps taking any extra money as a dividend and leaves very little in the pot to do maintenance with.

Comment

We went without power 2 weeks ago for 32 hrs. One evening in middle of September our power went on and off 13 times in a 3 hour period. The bill for the furnace motor, board and travel was 1085 dollars and only reason is power surges. The peasant just keeps spending to keep going and yearly increases to power bills. Every time u call in and ask if it can be looked at all u hear is sorry for that inconvience.
        Last edited by brs; Oct 29, 2017, 11:43. Reason: Missed word

Comment

Originally posted by food4u View Post
          This is what happens when NEVER do any maintenance on after construction. Also it does not help when the government (NDP or SP) keeps taking any extra money as a dividend and leaves very little in the pot to do maintenance with.
          They are all maintaining thevpower sources in the Bahamas, Haiti, etc.

Comment

Shitty infrastructure aside....our power bill is almost beyond lunacy! Anybody I talk too has the same comment. We have energy efficient everything in our house from led light bulbs to high eff furnace. House built in 08 furnace rarely kicks in during winter days just seems to run on cloudy days a bit or at night. Our natural gas bill is minimal. Someone needs to look at where the hell all the money goes from people's second mortgage...er I mean power bill.
            #crookedpricks

Comment

By the way I asked sask power about billing and all they could come up with was "I don't know" and "well there were rate increases"
              #bullshitartists

Comment

This isn't rocket science.....saskpower has poles inspected then waits until mother nature does the real inspection....

If you start replacing poles on an H line that were installed at the same time ....it's pretty logical to assume they all have to be replaced.....

Start a program that does it without triple overtime and unsafe conditions. .....

Comment

same issues as Canada. Resource rich but no cheap power.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/technology/elon-musk-warns-australia-on-its-energy-supply-problems/news-story/c504c6102b70dc35a94a2c2a820dc22c

hope the link works

chuck or tweety may comment is this guy got good ideas but making a lot of money on way through and it may or may not happen?

Comment

Looks like I should buy shares in the generator companies, by the looks of the fall so far I will need one for the winter or the family won't be too happy.

Comment

I have a 1600sf house with electric clothes dryer, stove, and water heater. All led and high eff furnace. Farm and shop are on a seperate service. My bill is a crazy $1450.00 per 3 months. I might have to get solar and wind power just to lower the power bill. What are others paying.

Comment

When we moved here 3 falls ago the power bill Was $180ish a month.

High efficiency propane furnace is brand new. New electric water heater new submersible pump new sewage pump changed every light to led.

Just two of us in a 1200 square foot house.

Now we're paying 380 a month...

Comment

City of Regina, $110 for power, $80 for natural gas, averaged. All winter burn natural gas fireplace every evening. We like it hot!

Comment

Originally posted by BreadWinner View Post
                            I have a 1600sf house with electric clothes dryer, stove, and water heater. All led and high eff furnace. Farm and shop are on a seperate service. My bill is a crazy $1450.00 per 3 months. I might have to get solar and wind power just to lower the power bill. What are others paying.
                            High eff furnace & HW heater, 1400 sq ft, Electric cook top/oven, all LED, shop included/ NG furnace, NG grain dryer, 12 Aeration fans seasonal, welder, LED yard light plus 2 HP sodium, $800 average / 3 months this year?
                            House gas $60/ month, Grain dryer if used.
                            Last edited by fjlip; Oct 29, 2017, 19:24.

Comment

Was thinking a still and gas generator or canola press and diesel and pull the plug to the grid

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.