• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flipping thru the Classifieds

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rents are getting retarded....back to the days of giving up the cash equivalent of 25-30% of gross receipts....

Land prices that don't pencil....ya I know....put down the pencil!

Economics might rule the day again soon.

Edit: ....and if it requires subsidizing in any way, how good of an investment is it? Only primary Producers seem to be able to justify the notion of having to subsidize it to be able own it.
    Last edited by farmaholic; Feb 4, 2018, 15:11.

Comment

Klause, Canada is not Argentina we are a stable country with lost of well eatablished business and infrastructure.

Hgi and other investors arent going to sell it all in one day. They will be smart about it. Yes land prices will correct in some areas but to say half of sask will be on the market is way out in left field. There are lots of farms that dont even need bankers and they have the cash to soak up avialable land. Dont worry the chem seed and grain cos will keep enough profit in farming to keep most of us going

Comment

Originally posted by bgmb View Post
        Klause, Canada is not Argentina we are a stable country with lost of well eatablished business and infrastructure.

Hgi and other investors arent going to sell it all in one day. They will be smart about it. Yes land prices will correct in some areas but to say half of sask will be on the market is way out in left field. There are lots of farms that dont even need bankers and they have the cash to soak up avialable land. Dont worry the chem seed and grain cos will keep enough profit in farming to keep most of us going

We have no infrastructure... Where the heck are you living?

A very different Canada than me.

We fall a few spots every year in export positions.

Kazakhstan has taken most of our lentil market.

Russia will take our wheat market.

But carry on.

LOL

Comment

Why are tou farming here ?

Comment

Lol where does all our grain go Klause? Crushers rails highways.... no we have no infrastructure

Comment

One of the things that made sask chwap land is low population.As soon as population started to grow land valued increased .People will still be imigrating to sask and our population will grow.Has nothing to do with penciling it out.Money brings people ..people bring money..When the wheel is going that direction takes a lot to stop it and start it rolling the other way.

Comment

Lol where does all our grain go Klause? Crushers rails highways.... no we have no infrastructure

Wheat at Port is $9. We get $5

Canola at over $100 under what the rest of the world sells it for.

Highways that we can't maintain and a rail network half as big as the 50s.

Only place in the world where producers have to store their production till there's room on a boat or a crusher.

You realize the rest of the world all grain can go from.combinr to elevator. Farmer storage is purely an elective management option.

We pay the highest cost per acre on seed. And totally screwed up the breeding system

Comment

I'm simply saying look at the cost of land here and other places in the world.

When land in Kronau sk is worth more than in the RRV in AND there's something wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Klause View Post
                    Wheat at Port is $9. We get $5
                    Used to get a higher proportion of port price but thought you could do a better job than working through a farmer marketing board!

Comment

Newguy, I think the biggest boom to Sask farm land prices was the relaxed ownership rules and money looking for a stable home after the 08 market crash......perfect storm. But we were over due for a catch-up, I just didn't think so dramatic.

Comment

Originally posted by Klause View Post
                        I'm simply saying look at the cost of land here and other places in the world.

When land in Kronau sk is worth more than in the RRV in AND there's something wrong.
                        Klause you are absolutely correct and i agree that lentil belt is way way over valued. That area will see a big correction i think but even there half the land wont change hands. High leveraged operations in those areas will fail.

On our farm we store grain to pick up the carry. Other farms deliver off the combine.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                          Newguy, I think the biggest boom to Sask farm land prices was the relaxed ownership rules and money looking for a stable home after the 08 market crash......perfect storm. But we were over due for a catch-up, I just didn't think so dramatic.
                          Its a factor but not a big one IMO. in mb we have very little foreign activity. Since 2000 we have increased 400 percent here.

Comment

Originally posted by grassfarmer View Post
                            Used to get a higher proportion of port price but thought you could do a better job than working through a farmer marketing board!
                            We are at 6.50-7 here. Grain cos will buy as cheap as possible. We have a problem with an oligopoly in the grain business I have been saying that for years

Comment

Klause you are absolutely correct and i agree that lentil belt is way way over valued. That area will see a big correction i think but even there half the land wont change hands. High leveraged operations in those areas will fail.

On our farm we store grain to pick up the carry. Other farms deliver off the combine.
                              Then WTF do you think will happen in the Slum of the Ghettos? If you think Regina clay is overvalued when continuous cropping, intensive management and high inputs have narrowed the productivity gap between Ghetto land and the "Good " Regina clay? Yikes. Reality has left the room....

I would take a well drained black loam ANYDAY!

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                                If you look at similar land within a province or country .The highest value will be the highest population.lowest will be the lowest population.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.