• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will 200000 tonnes a week west cut it.?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bucket View Post
    Politely wmoebis. ...

It ****ing well should be graded if it's been cleaned onto a train....there should be no regrading after a 10 day rail trip....

That's bullshit in this day and age. ...
    Yes I agree Ritz did away with on site grading turned it over to 3rd party.

Unless you have been on site and understand how it works it looks pretty easy but it's not. Politics within each company comes into play.

Comment

Politics no doubt. Still working out how 300,600 tonnes of #4 and 5 durum was received at export terminals last year and not one kernel of #4 or 5 was exported. It would be interesting to see what the specs were for the tonnes shipped as "Other" and the price received

Comment

Originally posted by fjlip View Post
        And nobody gives a shit, just send the costs/demurage/dockage to the DUMB farmers, they have to pay or go broke. Biting the hand that feeds the economy....
        Wonder what Putin would do???? just make the problem people disappear...
        according to Ritz farmers will never have to pay for demurage again.

Comment

Likely the merchants got stuck with a few demurrage bills but I think they're fast learners

Comment

Originally posted by farming101 View Post
            Politics no doubt. Still working out how 300,600 tonnes of #4 and 5 durum was received at export terminals last year and not one kernel of #4 or 5 was exported. It would be interesting to see what the specs were for the tonnes shipped as "Other" and the price received
            Ah-hem.....sodomy without lube. I hung on to my "poor" durum and grossed $6.75 early winter. Let's be realistic though....I'm assuming it was trickled into the new crop that graded nearly 100% #1 & 2. But I'm satisfied with what I got....excellent experience....easier to sell something( that they actually want) to someone, than to try and force it down their throats.
            Last edited by farmaholic; Dec 14, 2017, 20:54.

Comment

Oh oh ...politicians on holidays ....now comes the news how bad the railways are actually doing....and can't do sfa until February. ...which tells me we are back into 2013 mode.....wonderful

Comment

Oh oh ...politicians on holidays ....now comes the news how bad the railways are actually doing....and can't do sfa until February. ...which tells me we are back into 2013 mode.....wonderful
                ......does the world stop turning when Parliament isn't in session?

Comment

It doesn't even turn when they are there.....seen any progress on the Indian pulse duty?

Railways haven't hit good numbers for months.....everyone is asleep....20 questions per day about the finance minister .....one question a month about agriculture. ...

See the problem?

Macauley has only stood twice to answer about ag....in a month and a half.....

53 billion in exports and that's the respect we get in Parliament. ...
                  Last edited by bucket; Dec 15, 2017, 10:05.

Comment

good thing peas are worth nothing.
                    not many to ship.

maybe it would be ok if trump cancelled NAFTA.
                    then we could nationalize them, or at least the rail beds.

might be affordable then , not having to pay for the lost potential profits.
                    but only a fair value on the rail beds.

i do not see any other solution, as long as NAFTA is on the books ,
                    the railways are more powerful than Govt.s

old Mulroney, with NAFTA , saved his votes in Quebec, by protecting dairy.
                    at the same time , selling us into slavery with the railroads.
                    and the liberals selling CN . all stupid.

such good planning , by liberal and conservatives and the wheat growers asc.

i wonder what lame ass solution, they will come up with this time.
                    for the tenth time.

what , more uncollected fines
                    scary

fuller rates than they already have,
                    that worked so well before.

only problem , with a monopoly, they do not care. there is no incentive ,
                    they are gonna get the business anyway.

higher rates just means more dividends, or pick up another rail line in the states, they still will not have to spend a nickle
                    getting the grain to the coast
                    Last edited by sawfly1; Dec 15, 2017, 10:02.

Comment

I guess there is a problem in grain movement. ....it's making the news....

Comment

I have realized I am stupid. Why worry....railways are on a purposeful exercise to get their way on that transportation bill...

And they will with performance like this. If they do 10 percent better of doing nothing ...the minister will say he accomplished something....10 percent of nothing is still nothing.

Comment

so is there a problem or is it better to be ostriches?

Comment

so is there a problem or is it better to be ostriches?
                            Is our Ag Minister in India raising he’ll regarding the tariffs or did he not get in on the extended family vacation?

Comment

I had an unusual conversation with a GrainCo Rep yesterday that was hard to wrap my head around. Cars spotted at the end of last year, loaded in Jan and weren't taken away as of yesterday.....is this a GrainCo choice or a rail service issue? CN low volume line. This is a decent sized Co and spot....not some 8-10 cars from a small processor. More questions than answers......

Comment

[QUOTE=bucket;365191]It doesn't even turn when they are there.....seen any progress on the Indian pulse duty?

Did JT take the Ag Minister to India? Guess we don't need to declare Ag Income since it doesn't matter to this country? Hope JT's minions are reading these posts.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.