• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Harvest Pic

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
    If anyone here speaks Aussie, I would appreciate a translation. Knock down must be preseed?
    What else do you need translated and yes...

Also kg/ha and lbs/ac are a direct comparison (close enough)

Gaucho is cruisermaxx in other countries.

Comment

shit sorry guys forgot terminologies

read the gross margin guide i posted good read for you guys and you will see why us downtrodden aussies cant pay much for land and hey its snowing grab some whiskey and have a read

Comment

Guys and gals...pay special attention to what mallee said about the seed he uses.

Comment

interesting also , simazine is closely related to the very first herbicide tolerant canola we grew many moons ago . think it was trizine variety tolerant to atrazine and gaucho was what we were treating brown bag seed with ,until they took it away from us , is it not ?
          his cost per ac is prob 25% of what it costs us ,or less
          we have way more risk , self inflicted , i guess, trying to get every bushel. shooting ourselves in the foot

Comment

Your cash cost list pretty good CaseIh. What would you say for equipment costs? I’ve been using $100/ac for dep, repair and oil etc, and incl an allowance for shop, power. Curious what you and others use for that number. And then land-in this area has gone over $100 for rent, so we are up to $450/ac for cash costs, equipment and land, still no risk allowance or wages.
            And canola is the ‘profitable’ crop...

Comment

So you need 90 wheat and 40 plus canola to break even. Again farming is so great

Comment

Originally posted by Quadtrack View Post
                Your cash cost list pretty good CaseIh. What would you say for equipment costs? I’ve been using $100/ac for dep, repair and oil etc, and incl an allowance for shop, power. Curious what you and others use for that number. And then land-in this area has gone over $100 for rent, so we are up to $450/ac for cash costs, equipment and land, still no risk allowance or wages.
                And canola is the ‘profitable’ crop...
                I think we're about $70 for that and about $60 rent is average here

Comment

Got it in a nutshell who ever said it low cost farming low cost land high cost steel same as you guys.

I think mive told you guys im leaving the bto operation i got involved in going back to farming on my own with son whos leaving school and pinching one of the workers from the bto operation.

So scaling back to 7 or 8000 acres of crops pulse canola and cereals and running 1500 merino ewes for wool production so back to a quite life.

Will fill you in with what second hand machinery i purchase etc. Yep kinda starting again.

PS once my son has done one full year i want to send him to canada or states for a year to work away from dad and local community get him out of his comfort zone will work for beer food and bed. Sure i will find a taker some were over there in canuck land or usa. PS hes been full time farming since he was 10 lol and a very careful machinery operator

Comment

Originally posted by malleefarmer View Post
                    Got it in a nutshell who ever said it low cost farming low cost land high cost steel same as you guys.

I think mive told you guys im leaving the bto operation i got involved in going back to farming on my own with son whos leaving school and pinching one of the workers from the bto operation.

So scaling back to 7 or 8000 acres of crops pulse canola and cereals and running 1500 merino ewes for wool production so back to a quite life.

Will fill you in with what second hand machinery i purchase etc. Yep kinda starting again.

PS once my son has done one full year i want to send him to canada or states for a year to work away from dad and local community get him out of his comfort zone will work for beer food and bed. Sure i will find a taker some were over there in canuck land or usa. PS hes been full time farming since he was 10 lol and a very careful machinery operator
                    If he really will work for beer, food and bed, have I got a deal for you...

Comment

Presume you need some sort of a work visa and its a long drawn out scenario or send him in on a tourist visa and dont mention work?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...