• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone following this ?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Blaithin View Post
    I do agree with that, completely.

However, condoms being the exception to those three, IUD's, the pill, and I'm nearly 100% sure all other birth control options, are subsidized by the health care system. We do not pay their full cost. At least here in Alberta I don't. While they aren't free, they aren't that expensive either. I don't know their cost in other provinces but I've seen American's say how expensive the pill can be for them and it's not even in the same solar system price wise.

Sadly I don't think making BC options free would make them used that much more. Usually there's other inhibiting factors to using them than the cost. Not to mention the intelligence needed for some is sadly lacking in some people...
    If you don't mind me asking... what do the B/C pills cost in AB?

Darcy's were the no name version and with taxes just over $30 a month... I went on Planned Parenthood's site, and in the USA they are saying $15-$50 which seems about the same? I'm not sure they're subsidized other than better prices are negotiated because they are bought in large amounts.

I Think handing out condoms, or at least having dispensers in high schools, and free meds would help... We know of a few "couples" in college that can't "afford" b/c.

Comment

Originally posted by Klause View Post
      If you don't mind me asking... what do the B/C pills cost in AB?

Darcy's were the no name version and with taxes just over $30 a month... I went on Planned Parenthood's site, and in the USA they are saying $15-$50 which seems about the same? I'm not sure they're subsidized other than better prices are negotiated because they are bought in large amounts.

I Think handing out condoms, or at least having dispensers in high schools, and free meds would help... We know of a few "couples" in college that can't "afford" b/c.
      Been a while but the pill was about $12-$14 a month depending on the type/brand.

IUD was $80 and good for 5 years so that's pennies.

I'm not sure on cost for things like the Implant or shot. If there's one that isn't covered much/at all I'd guess it to be the diaphragm. Oh and those fertility monitor things, I've never heard of any of them being covered at all.

Honestly if someone is saying they can't afford BC then I don't know how they afford to eat every month LOL

Comment

Klause, those rights and freedoms you think you have are not up to you to define, but the charter when it comes to other Canadians.

Just like the wingnut christian parents who felt it was their "right and freedom" to have god cure their diabetic son, who of course died because there is no god, were promptly put in prison.

The charter and law defined the rights of the child, the parents mistakenly thinking they could enforce what they thought were rights and freedoms - exactly what you are saying, were quickly put in check thru imprisonment.

I do not understand why you think your rights are being affected. You can believe anything you want, you just can't force those beliefs - no matter how twisted - upon others.

And that is why this whole thing started. Getting funding to force a summer student to lobby against the charter.

So what rights are you being denied?

Still no one has come up with an alternative then the present checkbox.

Comment

Originally posted by tweety View Post
          Klause, those rights and freedoms you think you have are not up to you to define, but the charter when it comes to other Canadians.

Just like the wingnut christian parents who felt it was their "right and freedom" to have god cure their diabetic son, who of course died because there is no god, were promptly put in prison.

The charter and law defined the rights of the child, the parents mistakenly thinking they could enforce what they thought were rights and freedoms - exactly what you are saying, were quickly put in check thru imprisonment.

I do not understand why you think your rights are being affected. You can believe anything you want, you just can't force those beliefs - no matter how twisted - upon others.

And that is why this whole thing started. Getting funding to force a summer student to lobby against the charter.

So what rights are you being denied?

Still no one has come up with an alternative then the present checkbox.

Huh?

You have an indefensible position... and you're babbling nonsense.

Again, go take a trip to Venezuela.

AND I ask you again, how does removing funding for workers at a cherry festival, or workers at a monastery here in Muenster NOT infringe on religious rights? You are specifically forcing a group of people to attest to something they do not believe in.

Have you ever heard of the Spanish Inquisition?

What's an alternative? NOT OPENING THIS CAN OF WORMS. Do you understand that even liberal, pro-choice women are against this because of its implications for rights and freedoms? Of course not... you think the world should subscribe to your views and only yours... Not how things work.

Now go troll somewhere else please. You've already shown you have no argument to make.

Comment

What rights are you being denied?
            Last edited by tweety; Jan 28, 2018, 14:35.

Comment

What rights are you being denied?

They don't have to attest to anything. Don't check the box, don't get the funding. Believe what you want.

For the 80-th time, this is about groups forcing summer students to carry out acts contrary to the charter.

If not this way, what way is better?

"They don't have to attest to anything. Don't check the box, don't get the funding. Believe what you want."

"You don't have to be Catholic. You can be brought to trial and then punished instead. Believe what you want."

Same difference.

Fundamental freedoms

2. Everyone has the following fundamental freedoms:

(a) freedom of conscience and religion;

(b) freedom of thought, belief, opinion and expression, including freedom of the press and other media of communication;

(c) freedom of peaceful assembly; and

(d) freedom of association.

By forcing a church to attest that they support abortion and gays to receive funding - you are forcing government's beliefs on people. End of story. How the hell does the local Cherry Festival - a fund raiser for the community infringe on these "rights" you claim the government is trying to "protect"? It's a publicity stunt.

CSJ applicants will be required to attest that both the job and the organization’s core mandate respect individual human rights in Canada, including the values underlying the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms as well as other rights. These include reproductive rights and the right to be free from discrimination on the basis of sex, religion, race, national or ethnic origin, colour, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation or gender identity or expression.
              Why is FJM not in this list? Oh... right... We're only targeting Christians.

My last post already told you how to resolve this issue. Don't open a can of worms. The Government will now waste our tax money trying to defend this bullshit in court, and it will not stand up.

PS: Quit editing your posts.

Comment

Your response is a bunch of BS, which is why i edited my question, trying to keep it simple.

You can still practice anything you want. None of those rights and freedoms have been taken away. Also there is no mention of religious affiliation so it is not limited to that. No church is being forced to do anything.

You haven't shown anything taken away by this. The only thing shown is a bunch of drama.

Comment

Your response is a bunch of BS, which is why i edited my question, trying to keep it simple.

You can still practice anything you want. None of those rights and freedoms have been taken away. Also there is no mention of religious affiliation so it is not limited to that. No church is being forced to do anything.

You haven't shown anything taken away by this. The only thing shown is a bunch of drama.
                  Right... because loosing small town festivals, and allowing old churches to go into disrepair, while removing jobs for teenagers... that's not taking anything away.

No point in arguing with a troll. Ciao!

Comment

You mean no point arguing when all you have is emotion and no real fact.

BTW, your MP can give you the funding. Just ask.

Comment

Sadly, still no one has come up with a solution of how to prevent government funding of summer students forced to lobby contrary to the charter.

Comment

Sheepwheat - does your bible camp lobby against the Charter? If so, who funds that lobby?

Comment

Originally posted by checking View Post
                          Sheepwheat - does your bible camp lobby against the Charter? If so, who funds that lobby?
                          Our bible camp signed the part that attests the charter. We attest to the charter. We can not attest to the liberal add on, which has been made to seem like it is part of the charter.

We do not lobby anything. We give kids a safe place to go and have fun for a few days, with the added bonus that often lives are changed for the better. Boating, tubing, camping, canoeing, fishing. We offer this and more to kids. We do not force anything on them. We subsidize camping fees for those who can not afford it. No one comes to the gate and gets turned aside. A positive experience is the goal. If kids wish to believe our beliefs, they sure can. If they do not, they are welcome to not. Nothing is forced on anyone. For the most part, the funding of the camp comes from the churches that run and support it. The amount of volunteer hours is phenomenal.

Thankful, the summer jobs program is not a deal breaker, but it is frustrating when the issue has been completely missed about this attestation thing. The liberals over reached, have got caught, are being sued, and will lose. But for now, we and thousands others are defunded, because we refuse to sight the liberal add on. The part that they tried to make look like an extension of the charter, when in reality, it is their own warped “rights”, non charter rights they made up to suit their agenda. Opening up the issues that Stephen Harper refused to reopen...

Comment

Because it doesn't need to be in the charter. That was the supreme court decision vs Morgantaler who said it was unnecessary to be in the charter. That the Morgentaler law banning abortion was against the charter. Its not that abortion is an issue, the law against it is. There is no law "for" abortion.

Just like same sex, it was illegal to be gay - contrary to the charter. So now you can be gay and have the same rights as everyone else.

Much like abortion isn't specifically spelled out in your bible - yet you infer it.

http://www.morgentalerdecision.ca/charter-right-to-abortion/ http://www.morgentalerdecision.ca/charter-right-to-abortion/

Doesn't your MP have final say on funding? What did they say?
                            Thou shall not kill. Pretty clear. Any level headed human, would think this is a food starting point for life.

Our map used to have final say on funding, but not anymore if you apply, but it is rejected due to not checking the “liberal rights” Box... our map is appalled at this. She has zero say at all, because it is not she who denies our funding because we can not in good conscience check the liberal philosophy box. Being forced to agree with the immorality of this liberal clown government, or being denied funding is an interesting thing.

Again, they will lose in court, but I the meantime, the program closes feb 2, so there is no time to fix this farce in time for this year.

Comment

A few MP's went wild funding antiabortion lobbying to the tune of $342,000 last year alone with students that got summer jobs. Had your band of followers been more discreet, this wouldn't have been on the radar.

Liberal Iqra Khalid, who ran under a party steadfast in pro choice, alone gave over $50,000 to Bio-Ethical Reform - extremists when it comes to pro life. Trudeau strongly said he would protect women's right to choice - not a secret. What did you possibly think was going to happen?

Since 2011 $3.5 million have been given to groups like Alberta Pro Life, Campaign Life, Life site News, Priests for Life to lobby against the charter in summer student programs.

So you see Sheep, its your Jihad, you guys started it. Now i know you don't believe in Karma, but it certainly fits this case.

Unfortunately Klause's Cherry festival is the victim, and also his run down church, and even your summer camp. But come on, what did you expect?

Comment

A few MP's went wild funding antiabortion lobbying to the tune of $342,000 last year alone with students that got summer jobs. Had your band of followers been more discreet, this wouldn't have been on the radar.

Liberal Iqra Khalid, who ran under a party steadfast in pro choice, alone gave over $50,000 to Bio-Ethical Reform - extremists when it comes to pro life. Trudeau strongly said he would protect women's right to choice - not a secret. What did you possibly think was going to happen?

Since 2011 $3.5 million have been given to groups like Alberta Pro Life, Campaign Life, Life site News, Priests for Life to lobby against the charter in summer student programs.

So you see Sheep, its your Jihad, you guys started it. Now i know you don't believe in Karma, but it certainly fits this case.

Unfortunately Klause's Cherry festival is the victim, and also his run down church, and even your summer camp. But come on, what did you expect?
                                Lol. We started it? Lol the libs lost once, they will lose again. Do you have anything to say about the actual attestation? The part that comes after the actual charter part? You know, the added on bit?

You will see that they will lose. Again. They already paid out three groups, accepting that they discriminated against them unjustly.

What do you have against bible camps? Against people who believe in the fact that abortion is murder? Or is the baby at nine months just a blob?

Do you think Canadians have the charter right of thought and religion?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...