• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone following this ?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sheepwheat.

Would you post your bible camp's application form for summer student employment?

Thank you.

Comment

I sorta think this whole thing had more to do with trying to draw Andrew Scheer into a trap than it did with the summer jobs program, looking thus far like he was smart enough to stay out of the quick sand a few of you didn't see.

Comment

Originally posted by mcfarms View Post
        I sorta think this whole thing had more to do with trying to draw Andrew Scheer into a trap than it did with the summer jobs program, looking thus far like he was smart enough to stay out of the quick sand a few of you didn't see.
        I would assume this was added to the summer job program and was planned to change the channel and divert attention away from the ongoing Trudeau, Morneau and other minister scandals.

It did divert attention but didn’t divide people as much as he hoped. Now Sockboy will have a court loss and correction to deal with as well as admitting to not understanding the Charter his Dad helped bring in. 🙈

Comment

I don't think most pro-choicers consider themselves "blood thirsty baby killers". Therefore they scoff at pro-lifers who accuse them of that by replying that its not really a baby and then accuse pro-lifers of just wanting to control woman and impose their "morals" or "religion" on them.
          The real question in my mind though is, when does a baby (fetus if you prefer) become a human life worthy of the same protection as you or I?
          During pregnancy, one side says "It's the woman's right to choose". After a baby (fetus if you prefer) is born then I would guess even the most aggressive pro-choicers would concede that the woman no longer has "the right to choose" any more.
          I'll regress to "when does life begin"? However you want to define it, the beginning of a new "life" begins at conception. Whether you call it a blob or a baby, you don't get a new human life without conception.
          After conception, you have various stages of development up until the birth.
          The question still begs an answer! Is it the moment a baby takes its first breathe? What about a baby born months premature that spends weeks or months in NICU and survives to breathe and function the same as any other human?
          Do you see the dilemma? One baby (fetus if you prefer) unwanted, aborted. Same baby (fetus if you prefer) wanted.....cared for......even loved? One is a blob, the other a baby, a life.
          Is life just some arbitrary thing defined by whether a mother wants her baby (fetus if you prefer), is it defined by science or is it whoever yells the loudest? (religious wing-nut pro-lifers can't possibly have science on their side, right?)

Comment

It's not like pre ultrasound days, everyone on earth KNOWS it is or will be a BABY. Pro choice blocks out that fact and deflects/denies/focuses/ on the WOMAN. The developing "person" has NO voice/vote/say, except the mother. A wanted child is human, unwanted is blob/parasite. Science clearly knows, that after conception baring trauma or health issues, a woman will give birth to a unique new human individual, NOT her body, not even her blood type. Just the electing majority of our society that denies the reality of our species...those in power like JT or desiring to KEEP power like Harper. Eventually hope to see the courts define the "person" in law due to SCIENCE.
            Last edited by fjlip; Jan 30, 2018, 18:17.

Comment

Originally posted by checking View Post
              Sheepwheat.

Would you post your bible camp's application form for summer student employment?

Thank you.
              It is the same as everyone else's application. It is very long and extensive. I could for sure post sections that may interest you.

Just google canada summer jobs. You will get a pile of hits on all kinds of stuff, including the online forms...

Comment

Originally posted by Sheepwheat View Post
                It is the same as everyone else's application. It is very long and extensive. I could for sure post sections that may interest you.

Just google canada summer jobs. You will get a pile of hits on all kinds of stuff, including the online forms...
                Think he wants your answers not blank form.

Comment

Originally posted by GDR View Post
                  Interesting thing about the Kiwi PM, not exactly something you can take mat leave from, don't know what the right answer to your questions is about that situation.

Just so you know, I would be in the anti abortion camp with absolutely non religious reasons. (Other than medical issue type circumstances) Not hard core pro-lifer but still think it's wrong.

Don't think it is a fair comparison from humans to animals. That's apples and oranges. However I do feel guilty when I ship a bred cull cow or abort a heifer.

And for Foragefarmer, I don't think most pro lifers are projecting on women what's best for them as you suggest. The argument is more about what's best for the baby and I think that's where some confusion comes in. My argument there would be the woman (for the most part) chose to have sex and pregnancy is an unintended consequence. Vs the baby that had no choice to be there.

Lastly my mother manages a walk in clinic, she says abortion requests are almost daily occurrences. What she finds frustrating is its often the same women coming back over and over instead of using birth control.
                  Thank you for the nice, civil response and the answer I know my personal opinion about humans status as just another animal isn't shared by many people but that's what happen when we're all individuals. We all have different personalities and opinions even when given the same information. Nothing wrong with it.

There's been a couple posts on here that almost seem to insinuate pro choice means we're all going to run out and get an abortion when we get knocked up. Personally I would consider myself a pro choice individual however, in cases like your mother's experience, I don't feel abortion should at all be a means of birth control or pregnancy management. In no way do I support that. Perhaps the silver lining in a cloud for women who do that is eventually there should be enough scarring that they can't actually have a baby if they want to and pass on their genes. As I stated in an earlier comment, birth control is plenty cheap enough here that abortion shouldn't be a go to method.

For myself, I use it as a back up. A reservation of sorts. I don't plan on ever having an abortion however the fact that I have the ability should I need to is there. That is what I want. That is why I consider myself pro choice. People could say well I should be careful, but that leads back to the PM of New Zealand dilemma. Birth control fails so there is always some chance during sexual relations of becoming pregnant no matter how careful anyone is. So should I abstain from sex simply because there's a small chance I could become pregnant? And why would I not want to carry to term if I did accidentally become pregnant? For me it's because I personally feel there are enough children in the world looking for and requiring loving homes as well as the human species being grossly overpopulated anyway. Why would I bring in one more baby to that if I'm not ready to raise it myself? Why might I not be ready for it? It could be I'm not financially where I would like to be for a baby, or maybe I don't have a suitable family unit, I could even mentally not be at a place where it would be advisable for me to look after a baby. The fact is, we can never know why a woman might choose abortion as an option.

These reasons aren't even including medical reasons that termination of a pregnancy may be a chosen or required option. Or instances of ****.

Again, does this mean I believe women should be using it as a birth control method? Absolutely not. Do I think our abortion laws could use some updating? Sure. For instance, why do we need access to abortion at all stages of a pregnancy? Barring the odd woman, most should know they're pregnant by the time they hit the 2nd trimester, there should be no need to get an abortion, other than medical reasons, after that point. It's not like it's a long waiting list that takes months to get in for. Therefore perhaps the law should be changed that after a predetermined length of gestation a woman must have a valid, doctor prescribed medical reason for a termination.

It's been my experience that pro life individuals have a high propensity for being like AR activists and Vegans. Liable to call anyone with a differing view all sorts of names - murderer, abomination, amoral, immoral, etc. If you are not personally comfortable getting or promoting abortions then that's fine, but why the need to tar others? When it comes down to it, I may not be comfortable if I was in the situation of choosing it myself. We don't know until we're there. But I do reserve the right for it if I need to. And that's why I support it being a choice.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay-mo View Post
                    I'll regress to "when does life begin"? However you want to define it, the beginning of a new "life" begins at conception.
                    I'm just curious, based on this comment, where do you stand on products like Plan B?

Comment

"With regards to who we hire: we have never received an application from an atheist."

I was wondering how your bible camp directors would know this, if it was not a "tick the box" answer demanded on an application form.

Do you need to know all the answer for hiring, much like the government needs to know certain answers for groups to receive funding, or can parts of your application form be left blank without fear of being rejected?

Just asking. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by checking View Post
                        "With regards to who we hire: we have never received an application from an atheist."

I was wondering how your bible camp directors would know this, if it was not a "tick the box" answer demanded on an application form.

Do you need to know all the answer for hiring, much like the government needs to know certain answers for groups to receive funding, or can parts of your application form be left blank without fear of being rejected?

Just asking. Thank you.

I presume you mean our camp hiring applications..

We know this, because when we select staff, we want to know where they stand with their belief. No atheist has ever applied. Why would they? It would be like a christian applying for a job at an abortion clinic...

This is a BIBLE camp after all. A place that atheists generally laugh at and look down their noses at. There are certainly questions about where they stand with God, where their faith is at, where they have come from, why they would be a good cabin leader, etc.

Some answer in three words, some answer in two pages, but so far all have answered our simple questions. Mostly because these are christian kids, who have a heart to serve others and give kids a good time, and show them alternatives to drugs and alcohol as one small example.

Now, If we got an application back from an atheist, we would find that strange. I doubt it will ever happen, it would make no sense to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheepwheat View Post
                          Now, If we got an application back from an atheist, we would find that strange. I doubt it will ever happen, it would make no sense to me.
                          Don't count on it. Because we know that progressives have deliberately targeted Christian businesses and institutions with the sole purpose of destroying them.

Although there seems to be a complete dearth of examples of them doing this to Muslim interests.

Strange, that...
                          Last edited by burnt; Jan 31, 2018, 10:44.

Comment

Originally posted by burnt View Post
                            Don't count on it. Because we know that progressives have deliberately targeted Christian businesses and institutions with the sole purpose of destroying them.

Although there seems to be a complete dearth of examples of them doing this to Muslim interests.

Strange, that...
                            I know, right. We are not counting on it. We HAVE had some pointed questions in the past year or two. A different world lately indeed.

Comment

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/newfoundland-labrador/scott-simms-abortion-clause-reproductive-rights-1.4498845

Comment

Wow.

Pars

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.