• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ontario PC leadership winner....

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ontario PC leadership winner....

Doug Ford. Very close race with Elliot

....another colorful character?

Doesn't even have a seat in the Legislature yet.

Comment

What is the opinion of this from our Ontario Agrivillers?

It seems to me anyone with a slight heart beat should be able to beat Wynne.....but maybe the NDP are a factor too??

Comment

Originally posted by Oliver88 View Post

It seems to me anyone with a slight heart beat should be able to beat Wynne.....but maybe the NDP are a factor too??
        .....maybe even a corpse could defeat her(??? How does she, I mean...??? identify) **** it..."the current Premiere"

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
          ....another colorful character?

Doesn't even have a seat in the Legislature yet.
          He is the King of Etobicoke. Etobicoke North seat will basically be handed to him. At 70-80% approval rating - who is going to beat him? I would have a hard time getting 70% of my neighbor's to like me, let alone an entire city.

And yet Elliot could have won if Mulroney supporters had put her as 2nd choice. But the truth in the numbers show that Mulroney supporters trust Ford more than Elliot. Apparently that sentiment was a valid one - Elliot now the most hated person in the party.

As a member of FordNation, two things we have asked Doug to do in the coming weeks is fire everyone in PC Party HQ for their handling of the entire election and politely ask Elliot not to seek nomination ever again as she has been an embarrassment and disgrace to the party with this spectacle today.

Comment

It sounds like the PC party in Ontario is opposed to any carbon tax now.

This is a refreshing change.

Comment

Wynne has a 20% approval rating. Some polls apparently suggest 15%.

So there is a person more hated out in the world than Donald Trump.

Libs will gain some votes from pansy Red Tories who will jump ship after today - good riddance.

NDP might gain tired lefties from the Libs and become official opposition. But a lot of people really don't like Andrea Horwath - always comes off as an uptight bitch.

Comment

It sounds like the PC party in Ontario is opposed to any carbon tax now.

This is a refreshing change.
                Cap and Trade is out the window in Ontario after June 7th. Save province $438 million a year in credits purchased from California.

Comment

#fordnation flexed its muscle.

But it might be about as polarizing as the populist movement in the US.

Not sure about any of the candidates as a whole package. I think Elliott was the most electable, but too much pro-establishment. It's hard to forget that she was appointed to a position by Wynne not that long ago.

Mulroney - Wynne with a younger face. Granic Allen, best for the province but draws too much fire for her views, views which likely have much more support than most think.

But now we have Doug Ford.

It's kinda hard to understand how someone from the establishment is going to be anti-establishment. And his track record? The parallels offer themselves almost involuntarily.

Someone tweeted that when pot becomes legalized, at least Ford will have some experience in setting up dealerships. But I hope that's not true.

I believe he will try hard to cut budget spending and that is why there's a lot of howling against him - the scurrying starts today to try to prevent him from becoming next premier.

Never underestimate the lengths to which human depravity will go to protect itself from perceived threats.

And Ontario has seen some astounding and unimaginable depravity in the past number of years.

So it comes down to a choice between Doug Ford's shady past/abrasive personality and McGuinty/Wynne's open debauchery on every level.
                  Last edited by burnt; Mar 11, 2018, 07:25.

Comment

Does Doug have any ideas on how to pay back a little debt in Ontario other than go to Ottawa for a bailout? That is my one criticism of president Trump is that he is too comfortable with these very high debt levels.

Comment

Originally posted by ajl View Post
                      Does Doug have any ideas on how to pay back a little debt in Ontario other than go to Ottawa for a bailout? That is my one criticism of president Trump is that he is too comfortable with these very high debt levels.
                      Slash and gut spending. Smarter than Hudak by not telling media he will cut the civil service big time. Expect 200,000 civil servant jobs cut. Want to see entire budget cut 10-15%. Ontario is overdue for lean times.

Comment

Ford could turn the bus around but the bus's wheels are facing backwards, just like the American press's wheels.

Comment

If Ontario goes with Ford, Alberta goes Kenny, Sask stays Moe and Manitoba stay Pallister there should be a decent block of strength to oppose the Liberal madness.

Comment

Originally posted by seldomseen View Post
                            If Ontario goes with Ford, Alberta goes Kenny, Sask stays Moe and Manitoba stay Pallister there should be a decent block of strength to oppose the Liberal madness.
                            Let's hope, and carbon tax/climate bullshit is KILLED!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                            • Return to Topic List
                            Working...
                            X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                            You agree to our and by clicking I agree.