• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sobering thought... Crime in the Americas

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can be very opinionated as well on things , but there have been a few that have chirped about rural crime that have never experienced it or lived it . That is the sad part here . To judge fellow farmers as to what they should or should not do is wrong if you have never experienced it . That happens lots here on this site. But it’s human nature I guess.
    I have had issues at our farm over the years , never pulled a gun yet , but would never , ever rule it out .
    I have several incidents with First Nations and other people that involved criminal intentions but have been fortunate not to have use a gun yet . The last one was 18 months ago where a native “person” tried to break into my house on a Sunday morning. I had a hundred things go through my mind that 5 min. Do I risk going to jail and leave my family fuked forever and everything I worked for .. was a lot to process in 3-5 min but .... no.
    If he ...sorry this person , got in , different story . I will not say what but the outcome would’ve different.
    Anyway cops come and they got this “dangerous “ guy and my family and farm still here .
    But my fear is next time . As it continues all around here every day , and the media is hell bent to make innocent farmers look like fukin the most terrorists when we are forced to protect ourselves for the very thief’s causing the issue ! That’s the big Issue with me !
    You should never judge until it happens in your life ... until then your just peanut gallery.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

.....yours "truly", the Peanut Gallery.
            Last edited by farmaholic; Mar 9, 2018, 20:35.

Comment

Originally posted by fjlip View Post
              No crime in Cuba?
              We've been to Cuba 4 times, admit I was hustled by a local out of a couple extra bucks on a bottle of rum but otherwise you feel unbelievably safe and comfortable there. Likely stats are hard to come by for Cuba but sure seems safe. People as a group there are higher educated is part of it and they dont have anything but alao dont seem to need / want more so no need to steal. We met 2 different families there and has lunch at ones home and went fishing with the others very nice easy going society. Drugs are virtually non existent there, very serious crime to get caught with them, even for tourists.

Comment

Originally posted by GDR View Post
                We've been to Cuba 4 times, admit I was hustled by a local out of a couple extra bucks on a bottle of rum but otherwise you feel unbelievably safe and comfortable there. Likely stats are hard to come by for Cuba but sure seems safe. People as a group there are higher educated is part of it and they dont have anything but alao dont seem to need / want more so no need to steal. We met 2 different families there and has lunch at ones home and went fishing with the others very nice easy going society. Drugs are virtually non existent there, very serious crime to get caught with them, even for tourists.
                If you get caught in Cuba doing a crime , it will not be a healing circle ⭕️.
                Crime punishment is stiff , thus very low crime in Cuba ... simple .
                If the two prime criminals in the Bushee/ Stanley case were behind bars , where they should have been , Bushee would still be alive and Stanley would still have his farm . That would be Meechance and his mafia buddy .... but no one wants to talk about the truth of the matter . It’s all media spun b/S .

Comment

Furrow, sure wouldn't like to be faced with a decision of what to do with an uninvited visitor. Once long ago, on a really cold-like 30 below night we received a knock on the door. Now, we are like a good mile and through a creek away from a seldom-used secondary road. Reluctantly I opened the door to find a frozen traveller from Gravelbourg area. He was stuck, walked about 1 mile and not dressed for the weather. That's one kind of unexpected guest but our area isn't known as a dangerous area. I never would live out there now without a big dog and a back-up plan. Keep safe-hope you never have to wonder again.

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
                    Furrow, sure wouldn't like to be faced with a decision of what to do with an uninvited visitor. Once long ago, on a really cold-like 30 below night we received a knock on the door. Now, we are like a good mile and through a creek away from a seldom-used secondary road. Reluctantly I opened the door to find a frozen traveller from Gravelbourg area. He was stuck, walked about 1 mile and not dressed for the weather. That's one kind of unexpected guest but our area isn't known as a dangerous area. I never would live out there now without a big dog and a back-up plan. Keep safe-hope you never have to wonder again.
                    That’s the sorry part , 90 percent of the time it’s just everyday people . It’s the unknown that is getting out of hand and is creating the mental stress for all farmers in this area . Then you get do good all’s like chucky that stick it in your face , but have never , ever had to deal with any situations even remotely like what happened at the Stanley farm or any of the hundreds of the rest of us in the surrounding areas on a weekly bases.
                    But as soon as we try to stand up and tell the truth we are racists , bigots... whatever .... it’s such b/S .

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...
                    X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                    You agree to our and by clicking I agree.