• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Truduea scares Trump. Drops steel tarriff

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Truduea scares Trump. Drops steel tarriff

Truduea threatenned to go to Washington with a bright orange hairpiece and a big breasted sexy prostitute at his side if the tariffs weren't dropped.

This was all in accordance to Canadian tradition of looking and acting like the people we visit.

Trump immoderately drops tarriffs.

CBC news reports.
    Hahahaha!!!

Or was it the inlaw threat 😬

Comment

Typical Bully move, never really would impose tariffs , just a ploy to gain leverage in NAFTA. Too much hurt to the U.S. economy, he was told.

Comment

Trump said tuesday Can and Mex free pass due to NAFTA negotiations.

If we still have a trade agreement he can't impose tariffs.

I doubt Mr Trudo knew that.

Comment

Part of Trumps tue speach with Sweedish PM;

PRESIDENT TRUMP: Well, the United States has been taken advantage of by other countries, both friendly and not so friendly, for many, many decades. And we have a trade deficit of $800 billion a year, and that’s not going to happen with me. We have been mistreated by many, sometimes fairly, but there are, really, very few instances where that’s taken place.

And I don’t blame the countries. I blame our leadership for allowing it to happen. When I was with President Xi in China — as an example, we lose $500 billion a year on trade. We have a deficit of approximately $500 billion a year with China. And we’re doing things with China which are very strong, but they understand it. But I was with him and I said to him in public, I said, “Look, I’m not blaming you. I blame our people for not doing a better job, for allowing this to happen.”

But it’s like that with many countries, other than small — the European Union has been particularly tough on the United States. They make it almost impossible for us to do business with them, and yet they send their cars and everything else back into the United States. And they can do whatever they’d like, but if they do that, then we put a big tax of 25 percent on their cars. And believe me, they won’t be doing it very long. The European Union has not treated us well, and it’s been a very, very unfair trade situation.

I’m here to protect. And one of the reasons I was elected is I’m protecting our workers, I’m protecting our companies. And I’m not going to let that happen.

So we’re doing tariffs on steel. We cannot lose our steel industry. It’s a fraction of what it once was. And we can’t lose our aluminum industry. Also a fraction of what it once was.

And our country is doing well. The massive tax cuts and all of the deregulation has really kicked us into gear. But I have to work on trade deals. We’re working on NAFTA right now. And if we’re able to make a deal with Canada and Mexico in NAFTA, then there will be no reason to do the tariffs with Canada and Mexico.

But again, other countries we won’t have that choice, unless they can do something for us. As an example, if the European Union takes off some of the horrible barriers that make it impossible for our product to go into there, then we can start talking. Otherwise, we’re going to leave it the way it is.

So the fact is we’ve been mistreated as a country for many years, and it’s just not going to happen any longer.

Comment

Stock market gains have offered President Trump bragging rights . . . until it drops.

Protectionism is a direct threat to equity markets. The ship is now listing and the steel tariff threat has been quickly eased. But in my opinion, it is already too late . . . .

Comment

I heard Trudeau threatened to have Maggie reveal how short Trump's thing really is. Maybe the little potato's **** mother is our secret weapon.

Comment

Hahaha maybe Justin threatenned to take her with him to visit trump. She a even too wacko for him. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by bobofthenorth View Post
                  I heard Trudeau threatened to have Maggie reveal how short Trump's thing really is. Maybe the little potato's **** mother is our secret weapon.
                  Yikes, a little harsh.

Comment

Trump's playing-with-fire imposing tariffs on China (IMO).

China could easily announced a U.S. soybean tariff, if this trade war heats up. What comes around, goes around when it comes to global trade . . . .

Comment

So by extension....canola prices will be set by steel tariffs?

About right...

Comment

I agree Errol his loose attitude of saying what ever he wants could backfire if China or even if a group of countries combine and say f you too. All countries are at this point going things in their own to deal with him, but sooner or later it's going to really catch up I believe. Hopefully it won't be something that will end up costing us also.
                        Maybe china start calling in some debt owed would wake some people
                        Up. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by errolanderson View Post
                          Trump's playing-with-fire imposing tariffs on China (IMO).

China could easily announced a U.S. soybean tariff, if this trade war heats up. What comes around, goes around when it comes to global trade . . . .
                          Won't happen for the simple reason that China does not hold the cards here. China NEEDS the US market to sell its exports because where else are you going to sell it? China has to export since it has to service debt which is around $40T most of it in $USD. As people and countries are forced to eventually deleverage, demand is the big issue. Access to what is still the richest consumer market in the world becomes more and more important. This is why efforts to diversify exports away from the US always fails. No one is taking imports.

Comment

Interesting times. Our dollar would get grain prices moving if not for the railways. The new millenium in Canadian grain trade had better turn around. Farmers gotta revolt soon or we are doomed.

Comment

As much as I bitch about grain cos. ...the only bottleneck in our system is the railways....if that doesn't change the trend for production might as well stay at 35mmt....that's all the railways can or will do ...

When a railway on a per acre basis makes more than a farmer nets ....the system is already doomed.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.