• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sobering thought... Crime in the Americas

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sobering thought... Crime in the Americas

Common misconception... South America is unsafe.

Actually Mexico and Central America are far worse.

Also interesting. For whatever reason sask has Canada's highest homicide rate per capita.

We still live in a very safe country here regardless of what the media says...

Property crimes on the other hand...

Click image for larger version

Name:	UN-Chart-on-City-Homicide-Rates1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	86.2 KB
ID:	777897

Everywhere WORSE than Toronto. Sask must be worse than Toronto.
    Honduras #4 in list, many missionaries from Sask volunteer there.
    Costa Rica sounds beautiful but DEADLY, no doubt if you have $$$
    Oh dear, where ever weather is great, crime follows.
    Even in Ukraine, where farming climate /soil is perfection.

Comment

Here is some info my new Denali was stolen from my driveway in regina it was locked and moved once while i was south. Onstar is great once it was made known to me it was gone a day later I phoned onstar then they got the police involved and after a case was started onstar told the police were it was and if it was moving. It was in Saskatoon and they then shut it down to 20km immediately. Police moved in it was a blond white girl Supposedly messes up brat who is really smart but not that bright I guess.

Truck is fine at SGI in regina now.

1200 km she drove.

Cameras going up at house but really all it would do is I would of known a day earlier.

So criminals are getting smarter and more brave.

Comment

I wonder how the piece of crap got it started?

Comment

That what we all want to know

Comment

For reference it would be good to see Saskatoon, Regina, Winnipeg, North Battleford and Prince Albert.

Comment

Just did a little math. The worst city on the list is 130 murders per 100,000 people per year. Doesn't sound so bad. .13% chance of being murdered, I can live with that( pun intended). But if life expectancy is 75 years( probably not with a murder rate that high), then over a lifetime, your chance of being murdered is almost 10%!!! That's not very good odds at all. I'd rather play in the snow and likely not be murdered, than play in the sand and have a 10% chance of being murdered.

Comment

What's going on in Playa del Carmen, today Canada issued warning to Canadians? Would be good to know the real story.

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
                  What's going on in Playa del Carmen, today Canada issued warning to Canadians? Would be good to know the real story.
                  And earlier this winter you folks made fun of me when I pointed out how ridiculous it is for Canadians to leave this winter wonderland to go visit one of the murder and extortion capitals of the world. Not to mention the added risk of drowning, sunburn, and food poisoning.

Comment

Cartel runs Mexico.

Why do we feel obligated to tab on with them on NAFTA negotiations?

Boy Scouts to the end.

Comment

No crime in Cuba?

Comment

Spent 5 weeks in Mexico this winter. Drug dealers shot up one beach bar where we were at and we were a couple blocks away from playa del carman chaos. The federally presence is not near as heavy as it was 7 years ago, a lot of shit happening east and west coast. Playa hurt tourists this time though, they will now see tourism numbers dropping and will have to act on it. Bad part for Mexico is it is the millions of tourists who are fueling the drug trade.

Comment

Originally posted by RD414 View Post
                          Spent 5 weeks in Mexico this winter. Drug dealers shot up one beach bar where we were at and we were a couple blocks away from playa del carman chaos. The federally presence is not near as heavy as it was 7 years ago, a lot of shit happening east and west coast. Playa hurt tourists this time though, they will now see tourism numbers dropping and will have to act on it. Bad part for Mexico is it is the millions of tourists who are fueling the drug trade.

The gangs in the Mexican markets are expert kidnappers, sending ears back in boxes. Market owners buy armoured cars and live in fear. You think we have to worry about rural crime? I wonder if this method of extortion will be contained in Mexico City? Tourists have lots of money and the gangs know it.

Comment

Was down in Puerto Vallarta for a few weeks in Feb and felt safer than downtown Regina.....will go back there.

Comment

I love this forum but unfortunately most don’t have a clue what it like ...
                              http://www.macleans.ca/society/north-battleford-canadas-most-dangerous-place-is-fighting-for-its-future/

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.