• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Crop insurance comparisons by province ? happyfarmer and others .

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crop insurance comparisons by province ? happyfarmer and others .

happyfarmers comment a while back that sask customers were paying more for less got me thinking and checking ? I must say I wasn't sure exactly where we were at ? anyways it would be interesting to compare provinces if people wouldn't mind divulging that info . I checked our canola coverage and it runs about $435/ac for $9.70 premium . to bad we have $395 /ac into it without machinery costs , lol. our IP canola is close to $400 /ac coverage for $11.25/ac premium . sure nice to fall back on when you get kicked in the nuts with 3 feet of rain like this year. anyone from other provinces , or here , care to comment ?

... $395/acre into it without machinery costs.....

Break that down for me please.

Comment

What coverage levels are you at?
      80% coverage
      $313.00 canola
      $21.00 premium here,

Comment

Originally posted by Eeyore View Post
        What coverage levels are you at?
        80% coverage
        $313.00 canola
        $21.00 premium here,
        80% , 50% premium discount
        where are you at ?

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
          ... $395/acre into it without machinery costs.....

Break that down for me please.
          I will get exact numbers later but I just roughly. done it in my head , might be a bit high ? includes rent , nh3 and app in fall ( not this fall tho) then we float 200#'s of fines and pay for floating then put phos and potash and more N throgh drill , total blend 140-40-10-48. then the seed with lumiderm is close to $70 . weed spray , fungicide ,roundup in fall and spring burn off , bug spray , spraying , fuel etc . was taking into acct some usage of machinery ($5 /ac spraying.) I guess , but not parts , purchasing of machinery etc. . has worked well for us and have a really good long term average on yield

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
            80% , 50% premium discount
            where are you at ?
            Soggy sask

Comment

Close proximity growing/production comparison would be nice. Say equal type farms at Mantario and Oyen.

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                happyfarmers comment a while back that sask customers were paying more for less got me thinking and checking ? I must say I wasn't sure exactly where we were at ? anyways it would be interesting to compare provinces if people wouldn't mind divulging that info . I checked our canola coverage and it runs about $435/ac for $9.70 premium . to bad we have $395 /ac into it without machinery costs , lol. our IP canola is close to $400 /ac coverage for $11.25/ac premium . sure nice to fall back on when you get kicked in the nuts with 3 feet of rain like this year. anyone from other provinces , or here , care to comment ?
                I guess i stand corrected Case. I understood Sask was worse coverage,,,guess I was wrong. I just checked mine. Across B to D land average is $421 coverage at 8.12/acre. Thats at 80 % coverage

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...