• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Old crop Canary seed

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's tough to predict this thing as is a total weather market. We will have lots of canary to supply the market, just how tight of hands it gets in. Negative is the truly the lackluster demand that we have seen last few years. No hype. No traders at destination following this market up. They are sitting.

Saying that i have traded 10 cents canary in my career. And i have traded 40 cent canary. I have 1300 acres of my own seeded at Lancer and it was seeded early May. I don't have a clue what it will yield. But i think it is better then 20 bu/ac which is likely the magic number for this market.

On another note, most buyers of canary in Mexico loaded up last summer at 25 cents Canadian grower price and forward bought about half of their yearly demand and market has gone down ever since. They have lost money on the entire 2016/17 crop year. Likely made it back in eston lentils though. That's the kind of market they are in, lose on some business gain on others.
    Last edited by dave4441; Jul 20, 2017, 11:14.

Comment

Sounds kind of like the flax market just hasn't kept up

Comment

Thanks for the reply Dave. Maybe green peas this year at Lajord?

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
          Thanks for the reply Dave. Maybe green peas this year at Lajord?
          Yes 100% re green peas. We have one 1500 Mt bin dedicated to green peas. Half full right now.

Comment

Prices improving?

Comment

Originally posted by Oliver88 View Post
              Prices improving?
              We managed to get $.24 in july /aug . That was all we needed so it all went. New crop hasnt been good. Cant grow it for $.21. Havent sold any since aug

Comment

Originally posted by the big wheel View Post
                Is there anywhere that posts the price the Mexicans actually pay?

You mean, "if they pay", don't you?

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
                  You mean, "if they pay", don't you?
                  Like button

Iceman out

Comment

No I mean I d like to get all that they pay not only a part and the rest into a go betweens pockets.

Comment

No I mean I d like to get all that they pay not only a part and the rest into a go betweens pockets.
                      With all due respect Wheelie. ...we all have the opportunity to sell our own grain. The middle man needs margin to stay in business and be paid for their risk.....I guess you will have to determine whats fair. Everyone in the chain needs to be profitable. ....but what's reasonable.

Comment

Haha you have no idea.

Comment

Haha you have no idea.
                          Then enlighten me. Nothing in my last post is out of context. Unless there's a cartel....

Comment

Will there be repercussions for canary seed sales to Mexico if NAFTA doesn't pass?

Or is there no tariffs on canary seed anyways?

Comment

Originally posted by Oliver88 View Post
                              Will there be repercussions for canary seed sales to Mexico if NAFTA doesn't pass?

Or is there no tariffs on canary seed anyways?
                              No NAFTA won't affect canary or lentils.

Comment

Haha you have no idea.
                                Big Wheel, it's real easy to sell your own - real easy. There will be lots of buyers in Saskatoon in January. You can connect and giver schnoose. All Mexicans are very honest and reputable. 🤑There's nothing but money in that market. I could tell you some stories.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.