• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Market direction

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Market direction

After the year end positioning where will be headed in the new year. Canola, time to get back to work.

Canola did it’s usual sell off after all the hype big cops big yields big bullshit report.

Explain hw some are already out of canola. Or bins are almost empty.

It’s poor areas know how bad the crop was still we have the Wilcox bushel.

Bins will be empty come June to July

Comment

Cinderella lost her slipper. You know what I'm saying Farmaholic. This farming is like trying to catch a greased pig.

Comment

Canola will likely claw back some of it's losses but won't crack $500 in the nearby.

Longer term Feb/Mar yeah likely will still won't be the $522 we had earlier.

But hey, hindsight is 20/20.

Wheat if you have 13+ protein yeah your doing well. If you don't i'd look hard at the possibility of holding yours till next where we hopefully get some more protein and/or discounts lessen. Still worth a conversation with your grainco and see about getting a blended deal or not as bad discount for it.

The futures likely won't be doing anything worthwhile in the nearby. $1.00/bu on the table in blending. That is where the main opportunity is.

Beans, if Argentina stays dry could see some upside but Brazil is looking pretty good so we will see what really ends up happening.

Doesn't help the dollar is sitting just shy of $0.80.

Or I am totally wrong. 50/50 either way.

Comment

again , where are all the grain bags ????

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
            again , where are all the grain bags ????
            There are probably fewer in the dry south than anywhere. There may be some in every area because landlords don't supply storage. But there are definitely a lot less than other years and in fact very few in this area.

Maybe the prices will rise when all the "streaming" canola is gone. 😂

Comment

Limit up for 14 days in a row..

I asked Santa for that?

Comment

Originally posted by Partners View Post
                Limit up for 14 days in a row..

I asked Santa for that?
                That is about as plausible as Santa actually delivering on that request. I think you might be a tad disappointed! I'd settle for fewer days of limit up.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...
                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.