• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are Eastern Canadians That Stupid?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
    Shutting down the oil industry? Oil is still being produced. The price is rising.

How does Germany have one of the strongest economies in the world that has a lot less natural resources than Canada, and imports most of its oil and still is the economic engine of Europe?

In Canada manufacturing is larger part of the GDP than mining, quarrying and oil and gas combined. Goods producing industries are a significantly bigger portion of the GDP than the service industries.

You are misinformed, exaggerating and you have no idea what this country looks like in the present, let alone 30 years in the future!

Services only move wealth around. They don't generate it.

How much of Canada's manufacturing is AG oil and forestry related?

Manufacturing adds value to a raw product. Raw product gives currency an underpinning.

Services can't support an economy which is why so many western states are in the predicament they are in.

As for forages comment about how those numbers don't make sense... Think about it.

A liberal may consider coming either NDP or conservative. A NDP may consider coming green. A conservative may consider voting liberal.

Comment

SF3,,,Are Eastern Canadians That Stupid?

Who doesn't like gravy? The Central and Maritime Canadians think they know where the gravy is coming from. In their minds it's coming from the Liberals and JT( better known a sock boy)!

In reality it's coming from Western Canada, and a great part from "that dirty oil and tar" !

We're still paying through the nose because of the delay in the transfer payment scheme, but in another year or two, that will change and the payments from the west will slow and maybe even stop.

Hopefully that will happen before the n4ext federal election.

Comment

Originally posted by danny W1M View Post
        SF3,,,Are Eastern Canadians That Stupid?

Who doesn't like gravy? The Central and Maritime Canadians think they know where the gravy is coming from. In their minds it's coming from the Liberals and JT( better known a sock boy)!

In reality it's coming from Western Canada, and a great part from "that dirty oil and tar" !

We're still paying through the nose because of the delay in the transfer payment scheme, but in another year or two, that will change and the payments from the west will slow and maybe even stop.

Hopefully that will happen before the n4ext federal election.
        Some of us wrote at enlightening the stupid masses...I won't hijack this thread but posted in a new thread a piece that I just sent in to a local paper.

Title is "Double Standard, Ad Nauseam"

Comment

How many mortgage brokers were AAA when the housing bubble burst? All them?

Comment

Nanos does polling for the CBC and CTV and seems to love Justin as much as Lisa LaFlamme.

We will see how accurate their polling is in 2019....if they surveyed a lot of unemployed takers or government workers in Toronto the polling is not surprising but if the poll included more makers and entrepreneurs we would see a different result.

Comment

I don't think east of Manitoba are stupid Sask F. they are seeing their economy take off, transfer payments are good and dollar is low to help exports of manufactured goods. Problem is, every time the libtards get in we, in the west, seem to get screwed. So a question to DML, what is needed to get a conservative govt. elected and keep people happy in Ontario. Does the unending thieving and lying of the liberals not bother you guys? It is really sad that all the money spent on sending all these goofballs to Ottawa cant be used to figure out how to make both sides of the country excel rather then the east working good for 8 years and then the west getting their turn. And if it cant be done, maybe the best option is to split at the Man./ Ont. border and allow for 2 different currencies

Comment

Hillary was supposed to win in a land slide the morning of the election according to polls as well.... the message gets massaged

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                  Do eastern farmers not get agri-invest?

It was cut from 3 percent to one percent.....like that will save a farm.....
                  Most of us have learned not to bother with Angry-invest or Angry-Stability.
                  As to the question posed, I think you’ll find Urban Canadians are really that stupid. We just have more than our share in the east

Comment

Originally posted by dalek View Post
                    Most of us have learned not to bother with Angry-invest or Angry-Stability.
                    As to the question posed, I think you’ll find Urban Canadians are really that stupid. We just have more than our share in the east
                    AgriStability is useless since harper changed it. AgriInvest is a no brainer even if it is not good policy. Why would you not want a matching deposit?

Comment

RD414: I am not sure why you think I would have any answers as to "what is needed to get a conservative govt. elected and keep people happy in Ontario." I tore up my Conservative membership a long time ago and have not been affiliated with any other party ever. I think all parties, including the Conservatives, have been corrupted. The system is not going to change on its own. But I do believe the system can be changed by the grass routes. And it starts with exactly the question you are asking. What do the people of Canada (not just Ontario or the west) want? Unfortunately few are asking the question and an even lower percentage are listening to the answers. Until people actually start talking, answering questions, supporting their positions with verified facts rather than arguing because of something they heard or read on the internet and which they simply repeat rather than making sure it is true, and most important be willing to compromise and concede when they are wrong, we will always be divided.

IMHO, there are two more things that have to happen. First, there has to be a return to civility. No one likes to be put down, bullied, and insulted, yet social media seems to thrive on it. Read any thread on this forum and count the putdowns, and name calling. Even the title of this post insinuates that easterners are stupid. You think easterners enjoy being called stupid? Look at the number of memes of Trudeau on this forum. Such postings might be considered funny to the far right base but all it does is insult Liberals. I doubt there is a single Liberal that will change their vote because of a meme but there are many Liberals that will be angered enough by them to work even harder in the next election to stop Conservatives because of these junior high antics.

Second, it is really easy to criticize. Words are cheap, action is what counts. The Conservatives can yell all they want about the paradise papers and Liberals, yet those same loopholes were in the tax code throughout Harper's tenure and Conservatives and corporations also use them. Apple alone has a over a quarter trillion in off shore accounts yet I do not hear a call by Conservatives to throw away you Iphones and I pads. Instead of telling us what is wrong with the Liberals, tell us what a Conservative government is going to do. Give a plan instead of complaints. And then keep your word when you get in. It is easy to be against a deficiet when in opposition but when Harper got in an run up the debt more than any previous government, it makes it really hard to trust the party again.

Comment

dmlfarmer I think that is a very true assessment, one of the only true ones on this site.

Comment

Yes the Liberals aren't that crooked.....Bill Morneau just forgot the rules right? 🙈

All our Finance Minister did was forget to declare a French Villa, declare than his multi-millions in shares of Morneau Schepell which his policies affect!
                          Other than that he only forgot about a dozen or so numbered companies to avoid taxes.....it's all about the middle class.

Than there is the job killing carbon tax scheme from the big spending environment minister, immigration minister scandal, defense minister scandal, sexual harassment cases by several MP's, energy east pipeline and northern gateway pipeline cancellations........the list goes on.

Comment

The question should be, are Western Canadians that stupid, we have been tolerating this system for more than a century, while the easterners have been voting for the party that promises to extract the most wealth from those who work to buy votes with those who don't want to. Now who is stupid in this arrangement?

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
                              Yes Eastern farmers and western farmers get handout just so they don't feel left out. The biggest farms who likely need it less, get the biggest share of this popular handout.
                              program maxes out at 15000 a year deposit so actually the bigger farms get a way less share than the smaller farms. know ur facts.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.