• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Helping Cotton's Family Information - Fixed Announcement at the top of CM Forum.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Helping Cotton's Family Information - Fixed Announcement at the top of CM Forum.

We wanted to post links for the Agriville.com Community so we can help Cottonpicken's Family.
    The information will be also fixed at the top of the Commodity Forum page for people to find over time as the threads move down the page.

Just A Bunch of Farmers Helping A Farmer (and his family)

Here is a link to the fundraising website started by Larry Weber and Carol Husband.

[URL="https://fundrazr.com/f1BBb7"]https://fundrazr.com/f1BBb7
    [/URL]

Parsley's Thoughtful Note
    [URL="https://www.agriville.com/threads/32859-suicide-in-the-farm-community"]https://www.agriville.com/threads/32859-suicide-in-the-farm-community
    [/URL]
    Agriville Discussion

Cotton, We Shall Remember Him.

[URL="https://www.agriville.com/threads/32850-cotton-we-shall-remember-him"]https://www.agriville.com/threads/32850-cotton-we-shall-remember-him
    [/URL]
    Obituary Page from Fletcher Funeral Home in Weyburn, SK.

http://obits.dignitymemorial.com/dig...71&mid=7150811

Let us know if we can help Cotton's family in any way.

Thank you so much Joe. We appreciate this so much. So far, 63 people have raised $7850. 5 of them I know of, are non-farmers. So, 58 farmers have raised this amount of money. We are hoping we can reach the $10K goal, but are very very appreciative of the humans who have stepped up and helped the Crane family so far, including Joe at Agriville. We are grateful for any amount. And grateful for your comments to the family. Pars.
    Last edited by parsley; Nov 4, 2016, 19:08. Reason: Spelling

Comment

We also have been mostly lurkers as someone else admitted in an earlier post. Agriville has become our guide and helpful farming family, wise and witty, brave yet cautious with reality. We felt we knew him personally and feel for Cottons family and send our prayers to all that need strength at this difficult time.

Comment

Will make that 59 later this weekend.....

Comment

I really wish I could describe the feeling of loss...but I can't. It was easier visualizing Cottonpicken with a rum bottle in his hand; "I am a Genius" on his T-shirt, sitting at a blackjack table in Vegas, than it is with three children and a wife, as I do now.

Life goes on; but today I am not shedding tears when an email comes in with a new total for the Crane family, as I did yesterday. I wish I could explain that - but I cannot. I do know I have much more faith in humanity today than I did at the start of the week - and that is a good thing.

Thanks to everyone who has helped.

L
          Last edited by LWeber; Nov 4, 2016, 20:32.

Comment

"Will make that 59 later this weekend....."

Thanks, Perfecho. Pars

Comment

Thanks Larry and Parsley, you made this process so simple for old goats like me.

Comment

Hey guys I think you should up the $10,000 goal I think we can keep going.

Comment

"old goats like me" Thanks for your help with the funding, sumdum. Pars.

Comment

Congratulations! $10,0000 has been raised and our goal reached.

71 contributors raised this money.

I'd guess 61 of them were farmers.

Thank you so much, to each one of you.

The money will be transferred to Michelle's bank account as soon as she calls or emails Larry, at her convenience. Cotton's funeral took place today and the banks don't open until Monday.

The account automatically stays open until December 3, 2016. All donations received after the $10K goal was reached today, will be accessed by Michelle at her leisure.

Even as this is written, more donations are flowing into the account.

Remember this: three children without a Dad will benefit from your generosity.

We shall keep you updated. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts, Carol, Larry & John

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2911.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	83.1 KB
ID:	765210

Thank you all who donated to this great cause it shows farmers still care about their own. Thank you to the non farmers who also contributed.

But lets remember this family will be dealing with lots of stuff over the next while and lets keep the total growing, yes we achieved the goal but lets carry on.

Thanks again wow is all I can say.

Thank You All!

Comment

Good work people! Although, just because the goal has been reached doesnt mean the donations need to stop. Think of it as a Telemiracle type fundraiser. ....which way are we going? HIGHER! Sacrifice the price of a family supper out to help someone deal with a tough situation.

I never spearheaded this but would also like to thank everyone who helped and would like to encourage others to contribute as well.

Take care.
                        Last edited by farmaholic; Nov 5, 2016, 07:26.

Comment

I have been away for a few days and when I checked out Agriville this morning, I am both profoundly saddened by the loss of Cotton and then proud of how the community has expressed itself to the Cotton's family who are living through unbearable pain.

My deepest sympathies and prayers to Michelle and the family. You are in our hearts.

Comment

I'm not a fan of PayPal so forwarded my contribution to the Children's Trust. The Agriville support likely goes deeper than what appears on the surface.

I lost my father-in-law to suicide and half my family is in therapy or on meds, depression is everywhere.

Thank you agrivillers for being real. Though quirky, opinionated, arrogant, etc.....still concerned about your neighbour.

Comment

Originally posted by crusher View Post
                              I'm not a fan of PayPal so forwarded my contribution to the Children's Trust. The Agriville support likely goes deeper than what appears on the surface.

I lost my father-in-law to suicide and half my family is in therapy or on meds, depression is everywhere.

Thank you agrivillers for being real. Though quirky, opinionated, arrogant, etc.....still concerned about your neighbour.
                              WHAT!?!?!?! No positive attributes?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.