• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Markets appear nervous . . . .

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by the big wheel View Post
    Errol if commentators such as your self keep saying the market is nervous pretty soon it will be and you ll finally be right.
    Is there a time the markets aren't nervous? Things change in a short period of time shorter than they used to partly because of this technology which this forum is on.
    I totally agree with Big's comments in Regards to Errol. The guy has been saying markets nervous now for 4 plus years.. If you listened to his comments you would never leave the house... Not hard to see we have India troubles, North Korean trigger happy, Boy socks wonder being the epic tool he is, the list goes on.... No s hit times are nervous!!
    If I got paid to throw out comments that would also be my signature slogan! "Markets are nervous!" lol

Comment

Originally posted by errolanderson View Post
      Oliver, calling currencies is one of the most difficult markets. But resistance levels up are now support lines going down. Do see a major support line just below 76 cents. Loonie could also break above 80 cents should a U.S. recession spook their dollar into 2018. Oil prices very unpredictable, but believe Saudi Arabia has lost its Midas touch. OPEC has lost an incredible amount of power.
      Interesting to see what happens and if a recession comes into play. If the USA has a recession don't you think Canada will have one at the same time?

Always seem to read things that basically say the USD is the least scary of the bunch so funds stay parked there.
      Weaker oil prices should create a stronger USD vs CAD?

Comment

Why would USA have a recession trump says it's booming??? Lol

Comment

Cdn inflation released this morning showing a slowdown in October. Little chance of a further Bank of Canada rate hike in the foreseeable future (IMO). Loonie under pressure as a result.

The mystery of 'lack of inflation' continues to haunt central bankers.

Comment

Why hasn't inflation been sparked at some point since 2009, especially with all the government intervention QE. I mean real inflation, like the 70's and early 80's?

I can perhaps understand the USD not inflating because of it being "reserve currency"

But why hasn't inflation come to Canada, especially since crude prices fell? Our dollar should be closer to 50 cents.

Errol, can you give 3-4 points why inflation hasn't occurred? Is it truly a mystery?

Comment

Originally posted by danny W1M View Post
              Why hasn't inflation been sparked at some point since 2009, especially with all the government intervention QE. I mean real inflation, like the 70's and early 80's?

I can perhaps understand the USD not inflating because of it being "reserve currency"

But why hasn't inflation come to Canada, especially since crude prices fell? Our dollar should be closer to 50 cents.

Errol, can you give 3-4 points why inflation hasn't occurred? Is it truly a mystery?
              Danny . . . debt . . . record government debt, record consumer debt. There is little room for inflation as consumers are tapped out. This is the failure of Keynesian economics of money printing that central bankers on depending on to rescue this sinking ship. The consequences of this are enormous . . . .

Comment

Originally posted by errolanderson View Post
                Danny . . . debt . . . record government debt, record consumer debt. There is little room for inflation as consumers are tapped out. This is the failure of Keynesian economics of money printing that central bankers on depending on to rescue this sinking ship. The consequences of this are enormous . . . .

Yup...

Only two ways out are a full reset or triggering hyperinflation and banning indexation of debt.

Comment

Why hasn't Canadian debt(and other counties besides the USA) caused our dollar to drop more? If it dropped to 0.50 we'd certainly have inflation.

Comment

No inflation? are you kidding. Everything from fast food to heavy equip has gone up. When a diesel pickup is listed at 90,000 and a combine and header will be close to a million or have you bought groceries lately. Wow inflation is rampant.

Comment

Nothing like the 70's! Have your wages inflated? Grain prices?

Comment

Believe the global credit cycle has peaked as well . . .

Central bankers have created an incredible financial mess (IMO) with their can-kicking-policies since the fallout of 2008. I'm being too opinionated on this thread, but their manipulative power now has been greatly diminished. A lot of investors are going to get hurt. Pension funds are already under heavy fire . . . .

Comment

It's all interest rates driving prices up and the corporate share buy backs that are driving stocks higher.

I think vehicle & machinery manufactures work together on the fringe of collusion. They price based on interest rates. They know the average consumer will jump after that 1/4ly or month payment if it looks right.

The lease is up, go for the new one, transfer equity and slide into that spanking new unit with lower interest and the same monthly.

Low interest rates give incentive for this type of behaviour but it's a one way street. Only question you have to ask is how low can that interest rate go and that's how high the price of your new unit will get.

Look at P/E ratios across the board in the stock market. Interest rates create this environment and it only makes sence that you see these ratios. Money is only worth what it cost to borrow.

The risk takers are the ones that hung in for the ride. I don't think many rational investors thought this market would do what it has the last while.

Comment

Strap-in . . . volatility (VIX) is picking up . . . Dow rips above 24,000, Bitcoin rocks above $11,000 this week, then plunges, then surges. U.S. tax reform and Michael Flynn guilty plea rocking markets back and forward.

Treasury market action continues to warn of incoming U.S. recession (IMO) . . . .

Cdn jobs data impressive today . . . powers up loonie. Run toward 80 cents possible?

December may be an interesting market month . . . .

Comment

VIX posted a historic low in Nov. A good place to turn higher

Comment

Errol,,, greenspan called it frothy, wasn't it?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.