• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Diamond backs

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We've found taking out a piece of white board into the field and cutting the stems above the leaves and banging on the board gives you much better indication of where the bugs are. Then bang out the leaf portion after to give your total count. You lose so much taking handul back to the truck and banging on the hood.

From what I can see last few days try to use coragen (seems in short supply) and leave the decis/matador in the retailers shed. We applied ours at 60 ml rate and seems to be working good. Last tank going on this morning. Could have done heavier rate for longer residual but first time using it so was skeptical.

Comment

Very good advice Herc. 👍

Comment

how important is time of day.
        those were late evening counts,
        tires are 380 s.
        think the plane is 11-12 $ so maybe it almost pays

Jag those pics remind me of swathing short season canola , 30- 40 years ago , with the worms 2 inches thick on cutter bar
        the worms built up on the rollers, stopping the canvas, you had to pull handfuls from under the canvas. as the
        100s above your head on the reel crawled down your neck
        Last edited by sawfly1; Aug 3, 2017, 08:16.

Comment

Originally posted by sawfly1 View Post
          how important is time of day.
          those were late evening counts,
          tires are 380 s.
          think the plane is 11-12 $ so maybe it almost pays

Jag those pics remind me of swathing short season canola , 30- 40 years ago , with the worms 2 inches thick on cutter bar
          the worms built up on the rollers, stopping the canvas, you had to pull handfuls from under the canvas. as the
          100s above your head on the reel crawled down your neck
          You have 30.4" of straight line tire trample / 1440 inches of boom = .0211 loss. With headlands, turning and extra damage probably 2.5% crop loss is a good figure if your fields are relatively square and wide open. If your expecting a $500 an acre return your trample loss $12.50 an acre. I would call the plane!

Comment

We used Coragen seemed to work good from what we can see applied some by ground and had some applied by air

Arial applicators would not have been to polular in Leader if they would have sprayed this field that we rent beside the Leader School

Comment

All the sudden seeing lots of white moths in the neighbours canola. Not a good sign can anyone comment?

Comment

Not just the neighbours in mine too. Here they come.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...
                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.