• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cleaning Grain

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cleaning Grain

Started cleaning yesterday, but not 100% certain as to exact to what I’m exactly seeding. With dry conditions persisting canola is the one that’s up in the air. A replacement will be needed if it remains dry. Pulses have fallen off the shelf, one crop I won’t grow is flax. Mainly grow durum, but seeded some AC Brandon last yr, so cleaned around 2200 bu. Today will clean small green lentils, tomorrow start 5 days of cleaning durum.
    Basically cleaning lots of everything. My peas are poor germ, so bought some new ones, and will buy some from neighbour to finish off those acres. Plan on growing B-90s if I can get the seed, AGT said they should have some available. Will not grow the large ones, too much cost and risk.
    What are others thoughts, or just doing the same old?

Same old. But cleaning a little extra wht just cause.

Comment

Sticking to rotation and try to do what is best agronomic for my land. I will cut canola acres by about a third just to try to fix a tight rotation.

Comment

Originally posted by seldomseen View Post
        Sticking to rotation and try to do what is best agronomic for my land. I will cut canola acres by about a third just to try to fix a tight rotation.
        Same here. Just got my rotation to where I want it...

Comment

Cleaning plant is shut till I’m home in mid March have Barley done before I left and oats just in case. The amount of hrs and peas I clean will depend on what happens between now and then.

Comment

Bigzee last year my flax Net margin was $200 per acre Higher than Canola

Comment

Originally posted by mustardman View Post
              Bigzee last year my flax Net margin was $200 per acre Higher than Canola
              Impressive!! But, I still hate flax. 😂😂
              Tough year for canola in dry areas, flax is a cheap or cheaper input crop than canola. Atleast hail insurancre percent is the same as cereals.

Will you grow flax in 18 if the springs rains don’t develop?

Comment

Originally posted by bigzee View Post
                Impressive!! But, I still hate flax. 😂😂
                Tough year for canola in dry areas, flax is a cheap or cheaper input crop than canola. Atleast hail insurancre percent is the same as cereals.

Will you grow flax in 18 if the springs rains don’t develop?
                Yes Planning on it as its going into Durum stubble so it's will still be moist and probing soil profile last fall we were at approx 15 inches .
                We had 3 to 31/2 inches of rain last fall that made this possible

Comment

Originally posted by mustardman View Post
                  Yes Planning on it as its going into Durum stubble so it's will still be moist and probing soil profile last fall we were at approx 15 inches .
                  We had 3 to 31/2 inches of rain last fall that made this possible
                  WOW.... I wish. defecating bricks here.....

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...
                  X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                  You agree to our and by clicking I agree.