• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Handling Fees"....

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Handling Fees"....

Why do special crops handlers and processors still insist on taking a handling fee off the contract price?

When shrink was no longer allowed, they simply renamed the "tookage". You would think the industry would have moved past this by now. Bid "net the tookage", it wouldn't be so blatantly obvious then!!!!

It's all in the basis price....ffs....lol....that same guy is now advising the sask government on risk management under the disguise of lining his pockets....Saskatchewan is under new management ....the snake oil salesmen will be out in full force....
    Last edited by bucket; Jan 30, 2018, 09:09.

Comment

Did you know that many commercial sales of bulk commodities have a dockage allowance that is payable?

Comment

Did you know that when you unload a railcar in Vancouver into containers rarely does it unload at the same weight as it loads?

Comment

Did you ever clean grain and find good kernels in the dockage side?

Comment

Yup and most grain for international sales really doesn't have to be cleaned....grain cos ate making money on 2 percent dockage because it allows them to add deer shit. ...

When a 35000 tonne elevator equipped with cleaners can get its screenings for a 10000 tonne train into a super B at about 26 tonnes net ..you pretty much know they are putting everything in.

Comment

Originally posted by westernvicki View Post
              Did you ever clean grain and find good kernels in the dockage side?
              According to Grain Guide on dockage assessment at primary elevator those kernels are to be hand picked from Dkg and returned to clean sample.

Comment

Never understood why small or cracked kernels were dockage....most kernels go thru a grinding process or are animal feed ....but why lengthen this thread with those questions .....they have probably more more value because the graincos are getting it for free.....

When do our checkoff dollar representatives wake the **** up?

Are they not farmers to? Or do they make enough representing industry views to not worry about the free grain farmers get screwed out of....

Comment

Very few small or broken kernels should end up in dockage. Only those that go through the 5 buck sieve in lower position.
                  I realize that is not how alot of elev do it but it is up to farmers to see that they do it right.

Comment

Westernvicki....who pays for the shrink on my farm? Once it's off my truck and in their facility their shrink is not my problem.

Comment

Takes a while getting used to seeing the list of deducts on one company's check.
                      They've been highest net price 3 years running. I just have to remember to subtract enough from their offer during negotiations.

Comment

Farma, their shrink will be factored into their costs of doing business reflected in price they publish.
                        Or, reflected in deductions from posted price. Same thing once you learn the game. Annoying though. Like false advertising.
                        Handling losses are real. Should they be shown on the label in the supermarket?

Comment

I think when I buy two loaves of bread and one has a day to expire and one has 4 days left I should pay less for the one?
                          That's the loss the store should eat so to speak but I bet that goes in the price we get for wheat already?

But I do see that durum pasta is priced accordingly to protein in the box??
                          Hahaha yep.
                          Get er comin and going. Just smile and say cheese!!

Comment

I'm not denying or disputing shrink exists...
                            One way or the other, looks like we're paying.

Comment

Not sure i quite get your dockage system and i know your receival sytem is way different to ours.

But i take 29 tonne of small wheat or cracked grain to elevator tested and graded then and there usually gp1 or feed wheat. Growers perogative to take it home and clean it if he wishes.

Basically 7 grades of wheat here specified by protien grain wieght/size and contaminets if any.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.