• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Curious tb development

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WiltonRanch View Post
    Gosh cfia is using the same response regime from the bse days except you can live test for tb. Shame SCS your guys herds had to go down.
    Surely you are thinking of the hoof and mouth in the UK Wilton Ranch? I don't think they ever depopulated a herd because of BSE either here or in the UK. We routine tested for TB in the UK over the years, re-tested 6 weeks later any that showed reaction to the first test and I guess if they were positive they were culled, not the whole herd. We never had any with TB on our place.

Comment

Originally posted by grassfarmer View Post
      Surely you are thinking of the hoof and mouth in the UK Wilton Ranch? I don't think they ever depopulated a herd because of BSE either here or in the UK. We routine tested for TB in the UK over the years, re-tested 6 weeks later any that showed reaction to the first test and I guess if they were positive they were culled, not the whole herd. We never had any with TB on our place.
      Oh they depopulated trace backs. Know several guys personally who lost their whole herds because of a connection to the original case of bse.

Comment

I stand corrected. Kinda stupid though - not like it was contagious. Fair enough culling birth cohorts as they did in the UK but not much point in culling whole herds where a BSE case resided at some point in its life.

Comment

I stand corrected. Kinda stupid though - not like it was contagious. Fair enough culling birth cohorts as they did in the UK but not much point in culling whole herds where a BSE case resided at some point in its life.
          Exactly.

Comment

Wasn't our herd but sons and customers he fed for, do hope someone writes a book on the blunders and stupidity of CFIA. Messages could change three time a day about what was going on and all contradictory.

Done now and hopefully their sacrifice will keep Canada's borders open!

Comment

Yes they did depopulate because of BSE, Mel Macrea lost every animal!

Comment

Originally posted by SCS View Post
                Wasn't our herd but sons and customers he fed for, do hope someone writes a book on the blunders and stupidity of CFIA. Messages could change three time a day about what was going on and all contradictory.

Done now and hopefully their sacrifice will keep Canada's borders open!
                I knew your son was cleaned out but mistakenly thought you were cleaned out too. But it pisses me off this deal cause this isn't regular protocol for tb. Just another ham fisted response to appease somebody.

Comment

If we were cleaned out wouldn't be checking on this site, 300 PB cattle times $10000, and 100 times 4500, but still would want to be in the industry1

Comment

SCS So that is right $4500/cow and $1700/ calf. Now that is overkill.

Comment

No. No. No.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...
                      X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                      You agree to our and by clicking I agree.