• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wow the Wish Book is Out "RB Auction tomorrow in Saskatoon"

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow the Wish Book is Out "RB Auction tomorrow in Saskatoon"

Ok we all complain about equipment but maybe we should say like a lot of other places in the world the hell with brand new and start reconditioning used. Wow is their some really good stuff going tomorrow in Saskatoon.

But lets call out dealerships who won't sell to joe Farmer because just cant let you have that piece of equipment for x amount of dollars then takes the same piece to Rb and gets $50 thousand or less plus selling fee.

AM i missing some tax loop hole or WTF is actually going on. Cant give good long term customers deals but is willing to drag pieces half way across the country to sell at a auction and thats ok.

Some pieces have 800 hrs or 160 hours. WTF its like new. Why cant deals be made at home.

Again it seems were becoming a two price place.

Big multiple with whole farm and lease then try to get suckers, Sorry others to buy used low hours and finally take the shit to Rb and just liquidate and fill lot again repeat.

Is their that much mark up in a $700,000.00 combine. that its worth nothing in Canada in Two years.

Again someone smarter than me maybe can figure it out because this cowboy just doesn't get it.

Locked and loaded for the sale tomorrow. Christmas time Cyber Tuesday.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	je6ETteoR46iVBkGw+ySug.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	91.9 KB
ID:	777800

.............nobooby pays $700K for a combine. That may be MSRP, but not what it "retails" for.

Comment

Ok its $630

Comment

If I was an owner with a team of salesmen and using Ritchie bros. ...I think I would fire them all....

Use to be before a machine got sold they had the trade sold...they would go looking for trades ...now dealerships just count on the MUD deals and really can't afford to let them go....

They can mark up a combine and still get what it's actually worth after the lease is up ....not sure how the math works for farmers buying into it....

Comment

I'm expecting at least 15 points off MSRP? That's down to $595K and probably lower.... I would hope.

The ****ing probably happens when you trade.

Then the MUD deals would get even better.

Comment

biggest JD dealer in canada and kinda hard on resale values

Comment

All one big dealer will offer farmers is a lot of inventory to pick from. Other than that the service pricing etc all sucks.

Now i find it funny how a nice small dealership like Markusson does just fine.

Comment

Looked again at the offerings at Saskatoon, Sask3 I have a question, seems there is a lot of green, any thoughts? Are John Deere dealers not managing inventory as well?

Comment

This is why all equipment sales staff wanted ads at dealerships ought to be ignored. You can find a deal and the sales manager turns it down just to have RB sell the unit for less next week. I am sure that there are guarantees RB makes price wise and commissions are negotiated when a dealer consigns a bunch of equipment. They might as well sell all through RB.

Comment

John Deere has great lease rates.
                    Love the large ..flipper. farms.
                    If only buying 1 piece at a time..don't bother even calling them for a quote.
                    Have been getting way better deals from small..independant.red dealer who is a old style dealer..friendly..great service.and the price is way better than across the street.
                    Our farm is slowly turning to Red equipment..
                    Hergotts in Humboldt.

Comment

I can’t figure out the math, must be new math.

Comment

Talking to our local JD salesman and he indicated their leasing programs with larger farmers get them into binds when it comes time to flip leases. They end up getting too many 3 year old leases on their lots and are not willing to give a deal to a small guy looking for one combine. So off to Richies they go!!! I don't understand that mentality and as Partners said we used to be all green and now are mostly red, gotta go where they appreciate you and your business and that doesn't seen to be JD any longer?

Comment

Even better would be nobody bid on this auction. Now wouldn’t that get the worm turning at the dealers....

Comment

"AM i missing some tax loop hole or WTF is actually going on. Cant give good long term customers deals but is willing to drag pieces half way across the country to sell at a auction and thats ok."

Exactly, sales manager at local Pattison, says all 100 used combines will be sold at zero profit, at what they gave on trade/lease to new. However then he got a quote from the BIG CHEESE on our 9870 trade and THAT is the screw job, $40-60,000 less for ours than non Deere dealers! And been green forever, does not make a diff. Too small, don't need single unit buyers...hope Pattison goes f*cking broke!

Comment

....just think, dumped at auction with no warranty implied and..... wait for it!!!!... ENTER PARTS COUNTER! We all know where the price of parts have gone so if they give up some margin on the sale of the used iron they will bend you over the parts counter! Service anyone?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...