• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wasde australian numbers

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wasde australian numbers

Thoughts on WASDE numbers for Australia. Beginning stocks & production each at least 1MMT too high, domestic consumption at least 1 too low. Will be doing well exporting 14+million t

Are you referring to wheat?

Comment

Mallee, What are you hearing about the size of the Australian red lentil crop. I understand Abares says 540,000 MT but was told 700,000 by another guy who has some knowledge of that crop size.

Comment

I heard it was 1,000,000. Just for you Dave

Comment

entil farmers

Posted Nov. 7th, 2017 by CNS Canada
          No Comments
          By Dave Sims, Commodity News Service Canada

Winnipeg, November 7 (CNS) – Agriculture experts in Pakistan have told farmers in the country they should start seeding lentils immediately. A spokesman for the country’s agriculture department says producers should complete the work by November 15 in order to maximize yields. The advice comes just as the Pakistani government informed its national assembly that the country is facing a water crisis. Some estimates say there could be a 20 percent water shortage during the Rabi season.
          A deadly frost in southeastern Australia is expected to damage pulse yields. A report from Stockjournal.com says the losses could run up to 30 percent in pulse crops across the Wimmera Plains. Lentils and chickpeas are expected to be the worst hit. The frost was recorded on November 3.
          Increased demand from domestic retailers has hiked pulse prices in central and northern India. Restrictions in arrivals from certain producing belts of the country was a contributing factor to the spike in demand, according to

Comment

Twitter says Australia Rup. area has lots of frost on lentils just as they are starting to think about desiccation (-1 to -4 C)

If it were in Canada with that timing the quality would suffer ... and

Comment

Originally posted by the big wheel View Post
              I heard it was 1,000,000. Just for you Dave
              Most of my career it has been 250-350,000 MT. Last year it was expected to be at 400,000 MT and they grew 800,000 plus and exported 859,000 MT. At this time they expect 540,000 but i was told 700,000 is more likely. That size of crop will require more then some dryness in regions of pakistan and India.

Comment

Comment

Wheat

Comment

Originally posted by malleefarmer View Post
                    Wheat
                    Should shake out as being bullish eventually than.

What class of wheat do u grow?
                    What are your protein levels, discounts, premiums, etc?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...
                    X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                    You agree to our and by clicking I agree.