• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Last Friday Crop Report of the Year! Winter is coming!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm a bit of a safety/hazzard nut.....track hoe and powerline....

Comment

Agrivillers, I am in Maui right now, it's 29 degrees, trying to convince Hawaiians to eat lentils with Canaryseed pancakes, it's a tough sell but... 😆 But really a Hawaiin told me yesterday was the first day since all this summer that the trade winds came back. She complained that it was just too hot until the trade winds came in. And we get a dump of snow at home, hope there is a coorelation. Now if the grain prices go up, she's all good.

Comment

Enjoy Hawaii.

Which island?

That trade wind thing makes me go hmmmmm as almost ft snow at farm last night and today. Awesome fun snow day sledding and making yard ready for winter plus drag strip out back for sleds

Comment

Read the water security act. That agency has given themselves more power than god when it comes to drainage. Consolidation of potholes or sloughs on your own property is still deemed illegal if it affects the spill level of water bodies to those down stream. Even drainage ditches or canals that have been in place for decades are being revisited and in some cases have now been ordered to be blocked off. All enforceable with some ridiculous levels of fines.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
            I'm a bit of a safety/hazzard nut.....track hoe and powerline....
            It's just triplex😉 and it is lower than it should be and will be raised when we do more landscaping next year hopefully. We'd bury it but do way too much digging and pushing pipe in the ground. He strung it there and never snagged it so all is good. Normally dad is a little lax on safety so everyone else tries to tighten up a bit👍

Good eyes👀

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
              trying to convince Hawaiians to eat lentils with Canaryseed pancakes, it's a tough sell but... 😆
              Is that a business trip 😎?

Enjoy the frost free weather!

Comment

Highwayman. I understand what you're saying regarding the spill point. I also bought land In 2004 that has unapproved drainage ditches on it...I never built them.

A brand new C&D is getting up and running here. Even the local board has scary power....mixed with attitide, ego and power tripping can make for a dangerous mix. Oddly enough some people who can barely manage their own affairs and make questionable choices want to take on these roles and manage the projects. A lot of people are feeling blindsided by the guy who singlehandedly spearheaded this thing.....if most knew then what they know today I doubt he would have got the required number of signatures to get this C&D established!

Another scary thought...C&Ds who create works rubber stamped by the Water Security Agency and legally challenged by someone downstream who can prove damage are left to defend themselves!

Comment

Originally posted by woodland View Post
                  Is that a business trip 😎?

Enjoy the frost free weather!
                  Wedding trip. Attended Lu'au tonight. They put song, dance and fantastic costumes, music and lighting to the history of the Hawaiian Islands. Booze and roast pit pig, lots of everything. We were really not expecting such a big production - enjoyed by all.

Comment

One advantage of unfrozen and dry soil is that snow moisture is more likely to soak in.
                    Looking to be a long winter when snow comes this early
                    Thank you for weekly crop reports.

Comment

Highwayman. I understand what you're saying regarding the spill point. I also bought land In 2004 that has unapproved drainage ditches on it...I never built them.

A brand new C&D is getting up and running here. Even the local board has scary power....mixed with attitide, ego and power tripping can make for a dangerous mix. Oddly enough some people who can barely manage their own affairs and make questionable choices want to take on these roles and manage the projects. A lot of people are feeling blindsided by the guy who singlehandedly spearheaded this thing.....if most knew then what they know today I doubt he would have got the required number of signatures to get this C&D established!

Another scary thought...C&Ds who create works rubber stamped by the Water Security Agency and legally challenged by someone downstream who can prove damage are left to defend themselves!
                      Again I am not familiar with your issues, Farma, but any and all drainage/landscaping as SF3, politely calls it, is required to get approvals. Even those are slated for 10 year reviews. SCDA, the provincial board of all C&D's has a province wide Meeting/Workshop in Humboldt on the 15th. We will hear the nuts and bolts of he whole act and the process involved.
                      My opinion is that WSA needs an army of engineers to accomplish province wide permits. Once heard they have a 10 year target. Out here the Quill Lakes are driving the panic.

Any way after 35 years on local board, I am not running. Enjoy the fun days ahead, all you young guys.

Comment

Fj, are those meetings open to the public or only to registered C&D board members?

Comment

Fj, are those meetings open to the public or only to registered C&D board members?
                          By invitation, Chairman and Vice Chairman only, sorry. Yours could be there.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                          • Return to Topic List
                          Working...