• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stats Can Stawkers

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stats Can Stawkers

Have been getting about 4 hrs sleep a day and they have been calling twice a day even leaving threatening messages What a bunch of out of touch idiots . You would think they would know better than to bother people in NE Sask this spring . Just shows how out of touch they really are with farming .

Another reason not to bother with a landline?

Comment

Don't have call block on your phone? Guarantee you'll never hear from them again. I warned them not to phone every year and ask same dumb questions and never phone before 8 am CT time. Broke both rules the next time around and then they got blocked every time they phoned after that with different numbers. Haven't heard from them in 2 years. Get the odd piece of mail from them, including ag census - all into the outdoor furnace, don't even open them. **** them all.

They tried to threaten me once - told them they meant **** all to me and called their bluff. Swear at them on the phone - it really throws them for a loop - they expect people to listen and bend over - not fight back.

Comment

Stats Can is at it again....

Comment

have been ducking them for the last 10 days.Do not answer our land line,only answer my cell phone.Do not like being told I am required by law to answer them.

Comment

Getting rid of landline is the way to get them off your back. Worked for me plus saved 70 bucks a month.

Comment

Crop insurance or ag stability gave them my cell number. Haven't been in stability for awhile but is one of the two. I get the wife to answer and say I've gone fishing till next month

Comment

Ring, ring.

Me:Hello

Statscan: We want to fill out our livestock survey.

Me: Not interested.

STATS: You have to answer our questions. It is the law.

Me: What is your name and where do you live?

STATS: Mary.
                Me: Mary What?

STATS: Just Mary. I do not have to tell me my last name.

Me: Then I won't answer the questions.

STATS: But you have to, it is the law.

Me; OK. Let me get this straight. You want me give my personal financial information out over the phone to an anonymous person that I have never met, and don't know?

STATS: Yes

Me: You can GFY.

Comment

****in stats can somehow got my cell number. Saw a number I didn't recognize so called it back and it was stats can so quickly hung up. If they catch me off guard I guess the farm will have been seeded to grass again for 2017.

Comment

Can you tell us the number so we know what to look for?

Comment

The number is 1 800 665 3393.

Comment

Another one of their callers is using:
                        1-800-461-1662

Comment

daughter and son in law got a call from them with area code 204 number.

Comment

Ask yourself why all this info is so important?

I've hear so they can better serve us and design programs and identify areas that need addressing.....ok. what have they been doing with the info up to now? Government bureaucracy. ....jobs....useless jobs.

Comment

As with any government, it is not always about serving farmers better or designing programs to aid farmers.
                              Some times it's just empire building.

In my case, I can tell you that there is NOT ONE piece of paper in the world that ever showed that I owned any livestock in my life.
                              And why would I with no fences?

But that did not keep them from calling me in spite of the fact that I had told them repeatedly that I owned no livestock
                              STATS really did phone me constantly for about 4 or 5 months and up to 4 times in one day.
                              It really helps to keep a day journal, you know.

I'm surprised that I kept my cool for that long under that insane harassment by the federal government.
                              Nowadays I make sure I DON'T keep my cool any more for crap like that.

I dunno, maybe they were ordered to harass me because I was a mouthy anti-CWB, Western separatist.

On the bright side, I at least got part of the last laugh on one of those two.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.