• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Diesel price

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by woodland View Post
    A friend got some delivered last week at $1.08 from the coop and this is west of Edmonton. Our last stuff was for $0.89 in November. Should go check the tank since it could be getting down there. Cows like to eat everyday especially in this weather 😉
    Coop delivered dyed diesel on Friday just around 98 cents. Southern Alberta. Esso or CPS was 94. With rebate coop was a bit cheaper

Comment

big deal made out of bread price fixing ? wonder why fuel or gas not important for price fixing ? or fert.?

Comment

Originally posted by burnt View Post
        Does anyone own their propane tanks? I've wondered if one could own them because it would sure make one heck of a difference in price come drying season. Or home heating, for that matter.

I have found there is usually a minimum 4 cent spread on diesel and sometimes as much as 8 cents. Says something about their margins. I use only a fraction of what we did in years past anymore, but it's still worthwhile.

The regs are starting to get tighter around this stuff though. It will only be a matter of time before you won't be able to buy fuel without having everything inspected. It's already that way here with heating oil. Then they gotchca.
        We own our propane tanks. We got a 2,000 gallon on the dryer and a couple of 500 gallons and a couple pigs. 8 years of renting pays for a tank. Propane was $.45 to $.50 a litre this fall for drying and hard to get at times.

Comment

I still don't understand .....not too long ago there was something said that western Canadian oil was at a steep discount because the pipelines were fully booked....back to rail....

So the math doesn't make sense ....lower input costs at refineries...federated husky Strathcona fort mac and the new one..... and yet higher fuel prices than in the states...

How about look into this collusion or at least tax them on the price fixing margins.....

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
            I still don't understand .....not too long ago there was something said that western Canadian oil was at a steep discount because the pipelines were fully booked....back to rail....

So the math doesn't make sense ....lower input costs at refineries...federated husky Strathcona fort mac and the new one..... and yet higher fuel prices than in the states...

How about look into this collusion or at least tax them on the price fixing margins.....
            Was down in Shelby a few weeks ago. Diesel at the pump was anoutbhe same price as dyed diesel up here after exchange.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
              Is your commitment to the fert dealer only as long as there's money owing on the bin? If it's a real cheap bin sign up and then pay it off in the first or second year then make him earn your business after that. I guess this argument goes for propane tanks, heating fuel tanks (according to burnt) and anhydrous tanks....never good to be locked in with one supplier.
              The commitment is to buy 1.5x the tonnage of the bin annually. Then they make the lease payment otherwise you make it. It works out to a couple of bucks a tonne and with 133 tonne bin you only get like 100 T of urea in it but have to buy 200 to get the "deal". We bought our own with a three year lease and they paid for themselves at the end vs buying in the winter and picking up at seeding which we were doing.

Also I can fill a truck in 20 minutes vs driving 60-80 miles round trip in May to pick up only to find they ran out of phos that you bought in December and paid storage on. Last time we went back there. One of the better purchases we've made.

Comment

The commitment is to buy 1.5x the tonnage of the bin annually. Then they make the lease payment otherwise you make it. It works out to a couple of bucks a tonne and with 133 tonne bin you only get like 100 T of urea in it but have to buy 200 to get the "deal". We bought our own with a three year lease and they paid for themselves at the end vs buying in the winter and picking up at seeding which we were doing.

Also I can fill a truck in 20 minutes vs driving 60-80 miles round trip in May to pick up only to find they ran out of phos that you bought in December and paid storage on. Last time we went back there. One of the better purchases we've made.
                Nothing is free, the lease cost they claim they are making will be built into the fertilizer price.

Comment

Nothing is free, the lease cost they claim they are making will be built into the fertilizer price.
                  Whaaaaaat?? You mean the burgers at the customer appreciation lunch were paid for by me too??🙁

I thought that was my "free lunch". Lol

Comment

Whaaaaaat?? You mean the burgers at the customer appreciation lunch were paid for by me too??🙁

I thought that was my "free lunch". Lol
                    Our local Co-op charges a token amount for a burger and pop at their customer appreciation day .....I wish that was bullshit. Almost too hard to believe..?.but we are talking about the Slum of the Ghetto!

And yup....no such thing as a free lunch.

Comment

Our local Co-op charges a token amount for a burger and pop at their customer appreciation day .....I wish that was bullshit. Almost too hard to believe..?.but we are talking about the Slum of the Ghetto!

And yup....no such thing as a free lunch.
                      You really do live in the Ghetto 😉

I've got a bunch of family coming over soon....... better tell them there's a cover charge. Maybe a token amount to cover the carbon tax on the copious amount of fuel I've burned this week keeping everything warm and running in this -35 climate change induced cold snap.

Comment

You really do live in the Ghetto 😉

I've got a bunch of family coming over soon....... better tell them there's a cover charge. Maybe a token amount to cover the carbon tax on the copious amount of fuel I've burned this week keeping everything warm and running in this -35 climate change induced cold snap.
                        Ask for tax deductible donations....lssue receipts. A last minute tax deduction. A win/win deal. Less than 10 hours left.

Comment

Ask for tax deductible donations....lssue receipts. A last minute tax deduction. A win/win deal. Less than 10 hours left.
                          Are you a charity, church, or claim it as income, or "conveniently " forget to claim it with CRA?

Receipt book is standing by😎

Comment

Are you a charity, church, or claim it as income, or "conveniently " forget to claim it with CRA?

Receipt book is standing by😎
                            Everything above board here. A tax audit would be as straight forward as an uncooked box of Catelli spaghetti.....not a pot of cooked and stirred spaghetti.

Loosen up your guests with a strong social lubricant (booze) before they make their donations 🎉

Comment

Everything above board here. A tax audit would be as straight forward as an uncooked box of Catelli spaghetti.....not a pot of cooked and stirred spaghetti.

Loosen up your guests with a strong social lubricant (booze) before they make their donations 🎉

Ready to roll🍻!

Comment

That's a good start.😉

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.