• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Producer Group Director Elections.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Horse View Post
    Why does anyone even bother to run, if you have a good idea to help the group but you may also benefit you get crucified,( Bill Moreau)
    Lol horse . He had a good idea to help himself off the backs of taxpayers . There is a difference.

Comment

I don't know why one grain organization couldn't handle all of this....

People have this oblique idea to create beaucracies for every organization.

Seems odd to have organizations wanting to grow more or better grains but no one noticing that grain movement is the shits. ...lentils are not moving.....cherry picking only high protein wheat....

450000 tonnes on rail weekly...
      1.9mmt floating

Grow more move less and make less....

Best quality crop this year in a few....when you look at lentils....and you have the end users playing games ...

It's great to pat Katib on the back but he's using government money to buy Ukrainian product....he's not worried about what happens here....
      Last edited by bucket; Oct 23, 2017, 08:04.

Comment

How about someone regulates how money is given to these groups.

Keystone Ag Producers in particular.

In Manitoba you are defaulted to send money to them off your check. You have to request it not be sent or ask for a refund.

Then the next year rolls around and you have to do it all again.

I like KAP and know some of the directors but i'd rather buy a membership myself to support them than have it just automatically taken off my checks.

Comment

Originally posted by Kinger View Post
          How about someone regulates how money is given to these groups.

Keystone Ag Producers in particular.

In Manitoba you are defaulted to send money to them off your check. You have to request it not be sent or ask for a refund.

Then the next year rolls around and you have to do it all again.

I like KAP and know some of the directors but i'd rather buy a membership myself to support them than have it just automatically taken off my checks.
          Wonder how many producers would check YES take off check if had option?

Comment

The thing everyone forgets is that its our money and they are just taking it . Might not even be legal if issue was ever pushed ??? Wonder what the chartered accountants or buisnesses like that would say if that was taken from their profits
            Horse you are way off . Morneau is a moron who got caught filling his pockets while telling canadians hard working farmers are screwing the system and by the way , what he did is not legal. If this was anyone but a politician , jail time would apply

Comment

Originally posted by Horse View Post
              Why does anyone even bother to run, if you have a good idea to help the group but you may also benefit you get crucified,( Bill Moreau)

So you want to take it this direction, do you?

Well if you feel so sorry for the greedy crook, why don't you send him a nice fat care package?

Send it sooner rather than later, because later it will have to be skinny enough to fit through the prison bars, we hope.

Comment

when the Canaryseed Board was formed, I was sceptical. It has been deducting for about seven years. Have you heard a boo out of them? Any new market opportunities- no instead Canaryseed market is declining. These boards!

Comment

I get all the checkoffs back I can, bloody crooks just have a slush fund of fun.

Comment

when the Canaryseed Board was formed, I was sceptical. It has been deducting for about seven years. Have you heard a boo out of them? Any new market opportunities- no instead Canaryseed market is declining. These boards!

Comment

Originally posted by BreadWinner View Post
                      I get all the checkoffs back I can, bloody crooks just have a slush fund of fun.
                      Is this an easy process to get it back?
                      Do you have to do this every year or just once?

Comment

Its not easy, but it does add up to allot. Basically around $1.00 per acre. I prefer to use this money for my holiday not theirs. You have to contact the checkoff office and ask for a form to put your grain sales info on and then they send you a cheque. Every one of them has a different deadline so it is the pits. None of them like to make it easy so they refuse to send the forms out or stop answering your emails. You almost have to go to the office to demand a form sometimes. It is legislated they have to return the money but you get treated like it their money and they can be rude to you.
                        I get it back now because they piss me off how they treat me.

Comment

The shame,

You might as well ask for your rm tax money back as well. You don’t have kids in school and don’t give a shit ( your parents did), roads well they “they can’t get any worse, they will fix them selves”

The things you don’t see, or take for granted, this happens how and by who?

Let me guess 2 years left, then the Chinese can farm it?

Shame

Comment

I would put money that the Chinese won't pay the checkoffs if they don't have too....

I suspect some larger farms ask for it back as well because it all adds up....

Comment

I am going to disagree with several on this discussion. I think there is a purpose and value for the $ with some of the commissions but certainly there is room for improvement and efficiency
                              Some facts:
                              There would not be a pulse industry in sask or certainly not near as robust a one as what we have without the producer $. All the best varieties to date, and in lentil, all varieties anyone here grows, have been developed with check off funds. And we can grow them royalty free. Not important? Switch back to common crimson lentil seed and see how that works. Don’t grow lentils at all? Similar story for peas although there are a few other decent varieties around-not royalty free tho. Compare your total check off per acre to royalty on a variety in another system(like canola).
                              There are issues, serious issues, that some of the groups address or the national ones address that does not happen unless there is $. For example the COOL issue in Italy right now with durum wheat. Will there be a positive outcome? Hard to say, but if not for the national org addressing it, chances are very slim. The prov SK Wheat has chosen to completely ignore this issue w funding and involvement so the likes of Gehl are simply saying durum going to Italy is not important to SK.
                              And MRL issues-look back to 2011 and review what would be the state of the green lentil market with the glyphosate issue had Pulse Canada not been involved with science to intervene-there may not be a market at all. Those issues are way more prevalent today but many producers are not aware of them.
                              It’s another misconception that it’s nothing but trips and party for those on these boards. That is not accurate in my experience. In fact, there is a major contribution of time and mental energy being made by many to try and make things better for everyone.
                              Now, if the majority of farmers do not see value-after some due diligence determining what actually goes on, then there needs to be change.
                              We have the system we have and I am not going to say it’s perfect or there should not be change. It is up to farmers. Get involved if you want to make change. Propose a better system. Amalgamate some things for efficiency. Most importantly vote and make your voice heard.

Comment

If you guys don't think they're doing anything with your check-off, spend less time bitching and more time applying to get it back. Problem solved. Have a good day all!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.