• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rain ☔️

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MBgrower View Post
    30-40 mm forecast turned out 8 mm. blocking pattern continues. we could be seeding in march next year if this keeps up. rain forecast for next week pretty much gone now.
    We got our 30mm here eventually. Seems to have quit now. Another 60mm in our forecast before next weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by grassfarmer View Post
      We got our 30mm here eventually. Seems to have quit now. Another 60mm in our forecast before next weekend.
      GF....last time I looked we got 0.05 inches from this system. I will update/edit the post if it's different.

A lot of cattle are either being fed in the pastures or have been removed from pastures. I've never seen them this bad before. The poorly managed ones are the hardest hit.

Comment

Swing and a miss all it did was cause the canola being harvested to stay at the 9.8 to 9.2 range all along.

Great for harvesting shitty for refilling the ground with moisture.

Comment

Got about 4 tenths here last Wed. Thought the ground would be dry again quickly. Not so. Easy to doze dirt now with header

Comment

Originally posted by grassfarmer View Post
            I only got 10 mm

Comment

30 mm here as well. Help keep us out of the soybeans till they're ready.

This rain will also perk up our cover crop. We had seeded barley for some late season grazing (on barley stubble). The leaves were browning off. Should recover and grow nicely now.

Comment

Just under an inch in our part of eastern Sask.
                Should be enough for good germination of winter cereals in ground.
                June rain on top of full sloughs was enough to cause a few to start running over again, no runoff since.
                Amazing how some sloughs have dried from percolation and evaporation.
                Goose population bigger than ever, coyotes and foxes will have a field day next year unless it comes wet again.
                Will take another dry year to take cropland soil moisture down to lows of 1980's.

Comment

Originally posted by Hopalong View Post
                  Just under an inch in our part of eastern Sask.
                  Should be enough for good germination of winter cereals in ground.
                  June rain on top of full sloughs was enough to cause a few to start running over again, no runoff since.
                  Amazing how some sloughs have dried from percolation and evaporation.
                  Goose population bigger than ever, coyotes and foxes will have a field day next year unless it comes wet again.
                  Will take another dry year to take cropland soil moisture down to lows of 1980's.
                  It must be a good feeling you at least have a half decent chance of getting a crop established next spring already. Kind of an uneasy feeling on this farm right now....but seeding is a long time away yet.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                    It must be a good feeling you at least have a half decent chance of getting a crop established next spring already. Kind of an uneasy feeling on this farm right now....but seeding is a long time away yet.
                    Do you feel like we are sucking the hind teat? It is surreal.

Comment

Jewish holidays start Sept 21-22. If the skies don't open up by hallowe'en, don't blame me if I bawl.

Comment

Talked to a guy today that said Chem fallow isn't out of the question if moisture conditions don't improve here by seeding time next spring. Although he did say he'd have to plant a crop on some land he rents. To be honest with you, the thought has also entered my mind.

Comment

we got 7.5 tenths out of the last shot. got going today canola was 11.5
                          should mix with the 6 % stuff before the rain. standing barley was 13.5
                          but it just kept creeping up. now at 2 am 15.5.
                          i know we all need rain ,
                          but give me 4 days and i will be done.
                          do not stretch 700 acres out for a month. or two please
                          i wan t to be done and run away
                          then it can rain all it wants
                          everyone else, shaves their stubble, give me 18 inches filled with snow.
                          at least you have a chance, i think the last 6 wet years are the exception.

if this is the transition year lookout.
                          we can grow some great crops here , but we can get hammerd too.
                          frost , drought
                          Unity to Lloyd, second best crop district in province.
                          SF3 had a month with no rain, how about a frost in july, ( was not this year ) i actually got out to see if the clean grain
                          elevator door was open.
                          nope there was just nothing there.

all fun fun fun
                          we love it though
                          Last edited by sawfly1; Sep 18, 2017, 03:23.

Comment

Sawfly....there's enough physical distance between us that a good soaking rain here may not affect you there. Just as its been throughout Western Canada this year, afew places got rain were we didn't. Lottery. A blessing to some a curse to others.

Comment

Farmaholic, there's a big Montana system on the horizon. 😀🍀👏⛈👍

Comment

Drew has us for sweetf$&k all or piss

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.