• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Harvest Pic

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Harvest Pic

Will add more soon guysClick image for larger version

Name:	23380085_1524082444326666_5666822781459161326_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	96.9 KB
ID:	777798

Yield 1.2 t/ha in this 152ha paddock

Comment

Weren't you running Claas last year or are these custom cutters?

Comment

Originally posted by malleefarmer View Post
        Yield 1.2 t/ha in this 152ha paddock
        By my math, that is about 20 Bu per acre. What is normal for your area?

Comment

custom cutters. Thats around average. We dont gas the canola up with fert due to frost risk but nieghbour does he averaged 1.7t ha

Comment

custom cutters. Thats around average. We dont gas the canola up with fert due to frost risk but nieghbour does he averaged 1.7t ha
            Are you seeding the same rates and at the same prices as we are? At 20 Bu, you need the first almost 7 bushels to buy the seed, leaving 13 for everything else. custom harvesters etc. Not sure I could do that math and come out ahead.

Comment

20 bu with owned old combine would lose $40-60/ acre here.

Comment

mallee could you tell us roughly what your inputs are ? this is what i am thinking for next year;
                -pre burn $3,
                -fert and floater charge $97 (80#nh3,200#'s sulphur floated ,$8 custom floating included, about 30-35-8-0 put with seed)we applied the nh3 ourselves , total blend 140-35-8-48,
                -seed cost 4.25 #'s @$13/lb with lumiderm $55/ac
                -weed chemical depending on system probably averages $15/ac
                -fungicide $21
                -havent needed bug spray much lately?
                -crop ins -$12/ac
                -hail ins $8/ac
                -fuel $16
                i have probably forgotten some inputs and of course no machinery cost or wages on this for a total of $227/ac or $567/hectare. fertilizer is a fair bit cheaper than it was in 2017. unless we have a wreck, like in 2016 , 45-55 bu/ac are fairly common for us

Comment

Gotta love that $55 seed cost.....no matter where you farm in Western Canada....whether you get Case's 45-55 bu/ac average or the Slum of the Ghetto 35-45 bu/ac average. ....your low is my high but in the end its the same number. ...its the spread between my low and your high that makes a huge difference in profitability! Not this cut and dried but it goes to show....

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                    Gotta love that $55 seed cost.....no matter where you farm in Western Canada....whether you get Case's 45-55 bu/ac average or the Slum of the Ghetto 35-45 bu/ac average. ....your low is my high but in the end its the same number. ...its the spread between my low and your high that makes a huge difference in profitability! Not this cut and dried but it goes to show....
                    But your lands worth more lol !
                    Hows that look compared to your numbers ? Did i forget any actual inputs ? Done it in a hurry

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                      But your lands worth more lol !
                      Hows that look compared to your numbers ? Did i forget any actual inputs ? Done it in a hurry
                      They.may be paying more(?) but it may not be worth more.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                        They.may be paying more(?) but it may not be worth more.
                        Does anyone include an opportunity cost for the investment in land? Shouldn't it be equal to the area rents(here about 3.25% of purchase price). Or interest and principle payments of indebted land.

Comment

Usually 1 knock down some times two. 1.5 lt glypho per ha

Seed farmer kept seed 2 to 2.5 kg per ha. Treated with gaucho and cosmos. 2lt simazine.
                          Add seeding operation.

Fert at seeding DAP 30 kg

Fert in crop 50kg urea 50kg sulphate of ammonia

1 grass spray select/verdict 400ml/70ml

Maybe a insect spray late.

Dessicate 2 l glypho

Harvest.

price per tonne was $515 on farm when oil bonus added.

Of course fuel for each operation spread twice and two in crop sprays 3 if insecticide is needed.

No fungicide.

Re seed aussie farmers buy seed then multiply it but never go past second generation if that makes sense.

If hybrid seed is used have to buy each year of course.

Will see if i can find a offcial gross margin sheet for canola yeah we do it on the cheap
                          Last edited by malleefarmer; Nov 26, 2017, 21:56.

Comment

Converted that's about 115 lbs./ac, we are about double that and I'm sure others are more than us.

Comment

Usually 1 knock down some times two. 1.5 lt glypho per ha

Seed farmer kept seed 2 to 2.5 kg per ha. Treated with gaucho and cosmos. 2lt simazine.
                              Add seeding operation.

Fert at seeding DAP 30 kg

Fert in crop 50kg urea 50kg sulphate of ammonia

1 grass spray select/verdict 400ml/70ml

Maybe a insect spray late.

Dessicate 2 l glypho

Harvest.

price per tonne was $515 on farm when oil bonus added.

Of course fuel for each operation spread twice and two in crop sprays 3 if insecticide is needed.

No fungicide.

Re seed aussie farmers buy seed then multiply it but never go past second generation if that makes sense.

If hybrid seed is used have to buy each year of course.

Will see if i can find a offcial gross margin sheet for canola yeah we do it on the cheap
                              If anyone here speaks Aussie, I would appreciate a translation. Knock down must be preseed?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.