• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

trudopes apology

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

trudopes apology

Justin apologizes to our boarding school victims,people that were treated very badly by some people in those schools . These peoples lives were destroyed because of it. The people in the worst situations got 200000 dollars. My question is , is this fair compensation when we give 10 million dollar to our terrorists. I am kind off dumbfounded, and by the way I should apologize because I am a white male.

You can tell he was a drama teacher! I doubt he was.... but it almost sounded a bit phony.

Not disputing the apology though! It's going to take generations to heal some of the harm done to First Nations but I don't want to be held hostage, or my kids be hostage, for the rest of our lives either. Let's learn from the past. And hope the people whose lives have been so negatively affected by their past experiences and lifestyles change for the better and know that cycles need to be broken so the successors of those affected people have a chance at a better life.

MMIW..... this isn't going to be popular..... what is the root cause of the problem. Until that is fixed they can commission this thing to death and if the root cause isn't fixed, don't expect a lot of change. Taking responsibility will be a huge step forward. I remember a saying... people in tough places don't have to ride the garbage truck all the way to the dump.... jump off any time. Break the cycle for the sake of yourselves and your children.
    Last edited by farmaholic; Nov 25, 2017, 20:00.

Comment

This type of nancy-boy, free money giveaway is what will bankrupt this country. Don't blame anyone who doesn't want to work to pay for other's mistakes. How about rather than paying out these people from general revenues, or worse, debt, pay them from monies in the Old Age pension funds. Make those who are old enough to be a part of this shit (either directly or complacency) be the ones who suffer. Maybe then voters would say, what the hell are we paying for? Bad dreams and emotional trauma? Where is the big payouts for WWII vets? The ones that woke up in the middle of the night screaming...

Comment

Originally posted by 15444 View Post
        This type of nancy-boy, free money giveaway is what will bankrupt this country. Don't blame anyone who doesn't want to work to pay for other's mistakes. How about rather than paying out these people from general revenues, or worse, debt, pay them from monies in the Old Age pension funds. Make those who are old enough to be a part of this shit (either directly or complacency) be the ones who suffer. Maybe then voters would say, what the hell are we paying for? Bad dreams and emotional trauma? Where is the big payouts for WWII vets? The ones that woke up in the middle of the night screaming...

I think the churches that are responsible should foot the bill.

Comment

He sort of cries a lot about shit that never affected him....he should send the bill to ****heads that did the deeds....

Comment

Until the frank discussions are had and we quit tiptoeing around the real causes.....will there ever be hope?

Opportunities to help get a leg up are available. SIIT (Sask Indian Institute of Technologies. ...surprised they still call it that). First Nations University of Canada. The general "unsegregated" education institutions are options. In the further reaches there may have to be more done to make it possible for further education. Remote and distance learning should be possible if there is reliable internet service. Maybe performance based scholarships that will get them through if they maintain set scholarly standards....it could pay huge future dividends. Self-esteem, pride, confidence, and self sufficiency.

Everyone understands the definition of insanity.....

Anyone have a racist card they want to play from the bottom of the deck?

Comment

We have to find a way for our first nation people to be part of our success in Canada and its not by giving them blank cheques. Its there leadership has to step up to the plate and don't blame government for all there problems, that means the chiefs have to be accountable for there own action and take responsibilities for what is happening. I believe some reservation are run like African countries the president and their cronies have all the money and people are abused. That where we should have a royal commission but I am sure that the chiefs won't let that happen.

Comment

PM Harper 9 years BEFORE his time.

http://www.aadnc-aandc.gc.ca/eng/1100100015644/1100100015649

Comment

Apology, fine. I am more concerned with Justin's propensity for crying. He seems to do this every couple months. I bet thatcher did not cry publicly. Merkle probably would not. Would Putin? May? But maybe public figures are supposed to. Maybe there is something wrong with the way I am thinking.

Comment

Originally posted by RWT101 View Post
                    PM Harper 9 years BEFORE his time.

http://www.aadnc-aandc.gc.ca/eng/1100100015644/1100100015649
                    Correct me if I'm wrong but I think Newfoundland wasn't included in that apology and this was for those people.

Comment

What an embarrassment he is. BTW, I had no involvement in it and none of my family had.

Comment

The reservation system is a mess. The hope was many years ago integration will help and if you educate people, they will try to better themselves. Most that get a practical education succeed. If you walk around as a victim, then you will never succeed. Our first PM. thought the protestant work ethic would take over, hence the residential schools. It is a different culture you are dealing with. These values do not hold true across cultures. Why are the ex-british colonies appearing to be doing fine on average across the globe (except Islamic ones), while the Spanish and German did not? Because every culture values different things. The middle east will always be a disaster. no need to import those problems while Canadians have their own issues. The welfare state will collapse in 50 years if we are not careful. Our own inability to deal with our natives should be a cautionary tale for us and we should model our immigration policies to allowing in people willing to integrate. We have enough jackasses that are born here already.
                        We signed a deal with our natives. The treaties must be honored, or renegotiated. That is what Justin should be focusing on and spending his millions on. His crocodile tears will not help.

Comment

Originally posted by nicolaas View Post
                          The reservation system is a mess. The hope was many years ago integration will help and if you educate people, they will try to better themselves. Most that get a practical education succeed. If you walk around as a victim, then you will never succeed. Our first PM. thought the protestant work ethic would take over, hence the residential schools. It is a different culture you are dealing with. These values do not hold true across cultures. Why are the ex-british colonies appearing to be doing fine on average across the globe (except Islamic ones), while the Spanish and German did not? Because every culture values different things. The middle east will always be a disaster. no need to import those problems while Canadians have their own issues. The welfare state will collapse in 50 years if we are not careful. Our own inability to deal with our natives should be a cautionary tale for us and we should model our immigration policies to allowing in people willing to integrate. We have enough jackasses that are born here already.
                          We signed a deal with our natives. The treaties must be honored, or renegotiated. That is what Justin should be focusing on and spending his millions on. His crocodile tears will not help.

Yep Nicholas, the reservation system stinks to high heaven. The chief's family runs the show and controls millions of dollars from Ottawa. Those registered on that reserve have no right to any information, or home ownership and are at total mercy of one chief. If they don't like the way things are going, they can leave with nothing, can't even take an STC bus and head for the city to try to make it on their own. What political party has the balls to rewrite the Act and give them a start? Is it up to us to push for change in order to help these people - can we be the catalyst for change? Will our two generations put our heads together and say, "we ain't gonna allow this to go on under our noses?" I feel that I owe more to them than all these new immigrants piling in.

Comment

[QUOTE=sumdumguy;363135]Yep Nicholas, the reservation system stinks to high heaven. The chief's family runs the show and controls millions of dollars from Ottawa. Those registered on that reserve have no right to any information, or home ownership and are at total mercy of one chief. If they don't like the way things are going, they can leave with nothing, can't even take an STC bus and head for the city to try to make it on their own. What political party has the balls to rewrite the Act and give them a start? Is it up to us to push for change in order to help these people - can we be the catalyst for change? Will our two generations put our heads together and say, "we ain't gonna allow this to go on under our noses?" I feel that I owe more to them than all these new immigrants piling in
                            Chretien came the closest before becoming pm

Comment

Most of what see see here is for one purpose, buying votes.
                              Harper brought in The Transparency Act to show all finances used through Indian Bands. This was a step in the right direction.
                              Since this was brought in by "mean" Harper this means Trudeau eliminated this with lots of appreciation from Indian Band leaders and bureaucrats. The average band member will suffer because of this.

As far as the MMIW investigation this is another farce. The answers to who is doing the crimes has already been revealed in RCMP reports and studies. (Facts likely don't match the narrative though.)

The most racist thing that is being done in this country is the lowering of expectations for a group of people.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.