• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Diesel price

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Diesel price

Looking at another site the price down south could be 2.02 per us gallon....

That equates and follow the math....2.02 ÷ 3.78 ÷ .79 = 67 cents a liter CDN......

I just fill the slip tank because I need it but what are our prices....close to a buck I think....that's quite an input difference to compete with....

Tractor burning 25 gallons an hour or 95 liters an hour with a 35 cent a liter spread ....

It is amazing now that there is the first new refinery in Canuckistan in thirty years going online that the diesel price goes up not down. Shows how the market here is completely broken as the players collude all the time. Some of the pressure is due to the cold weather and heating oil demand and should fade next week. But the spread between US prices and Canadian prices just got bigger again as well.

Comment

Filled up with dyed winter a week ago - was quoted $1.03. But he dropped it to under a buck cuz I own the tank.

What's happening on Jan. !? is there another hike coming to the carbon tax?

Comment

Originally posted by burnt View Post
        Filled up with dyed winter a week ago - was quoted $1.03. But he dropped it to under a buck cuz I own the tank.

What's happening on Jan. !? is there another hike coming to the carbon tax?
        Goes from $20 to $30 on January 1st. Next increase after that is in 2021.

Between it, the minimum wage hike, NAFTA elimination and increases in Hydro, that should pretty well kill business in Ontario for good.

Under $1 colored must be nice. $1.219 here. Was $1.03 majority of summer.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
          Looking at another site the price down south could be 2.02 per us gallon....

That equates and follow the math....2.02 ÷ 3.78 ÷ .79 = 67 cents a liter CDN......

I just fill the slip tank because I need it but what are our prices....close to a buck I think....that's quite an input difference to compete with....

Tractor burning 25 gallons an hour or 95 liters an hour with a 35 cent a liter spread ....
          Federated Coop was charging about 92-93 cents two weeks ago.

Oil has now crept over $60/barrel again
          CDN $ increased to 79 from 77
          Will have to check what the change is....likely won’t order for a while.

Last year it was as low as 50 in January and as high as 99 a month ago. Maybe near the high again?

Comment

90.9 cents dyed diesel on Nov 20th. Dated info.

Comment

Just curious what you mean by "own the tank"? Does the fuel dealer give tanks to some for "free" but magically they get the privilege of a different price for this? Around here everyone owns their tanks.

Comment

Around here a lot of the fuel suppliers will put a tank(s) in the customer's yard, no charge. But then they also get all the business.

Had a scrap over fuel price with a supplier quite a few years ago so I bought my own diesel tank and told him to pick his up. It's paid itself back many times over.

I've found that shopping around pays pretty darn good.

Comment

A friend got some delivered last week at $1.08 from the coop and this is west of Edmonton. Our last stuff was for $0.89 in November. Should go check the tank since it could be getting down there. Cows like to eat everyday especially in this weather 😉

Comment

Originally posted by woodland View Post
                    A friend got some delivered last week at $1.08 from the coop and this is west of Edmonton. Our last stuff was for $0.89 in November. Should go check the tank since it could be getting down there. Cows like to eat everyday especially in this weather 😉
                    $1.08 must be clear fuel.

Comment

Originally posted by Horse View Post
                      $1.08 must be clear fuel.
                      Nope dyed diesel........merry Christmas for the suppliers/refiners

Comment

Around here a lot of the fuel suppliers will put a tank(s) in the customer's yard, no charge. But then they also get all the business.

Had a scrap over fuel price with a supplier quite a few years ago so I bought my own diesel tank and told him to pick his up. It's paid itself back many times over.

I've found that shopping around pays pretty darn good.
                        I see.
                        CPS wanted us to do that with fert bins too. I'm married to my wife and that's enough for me........ ain't hitching up with no supplier for five years or anything like that.

Comment

Is your commitment to the fert dealer only as long as there's money owing on the bin? If it's a real cheap bin sign up and then pay it off in the first or second year then make him earn your business after that. I guess this argument goes for propane tanks, heating fuel tanks (according to burnt) and anhydrous tanks....never good to be locked in with one supplier.

Comment

Does anyone own their propane tanks? I've wondered if one could own them because it would sure make one heck of a difference in price come drying season. Or home heating, for that matter.

I have found there is usually a minimum 4 cent spread on diesel and sometimes as much as 8 cents. Says something about their margins. I use only a fraction of what we did in years past anymore, but it's still worthwhile.

The regs are starting to get tighter around this stuff though. It will only be a matter of time before you won't be able to buy fuel without having everything inspected. It's already that way here with heating oil. Then they gotchca.

Comment

ULC (Underwriters Laboratories of Canada) approved tanks will probably be the starting point. Then possible scheduled inspections?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.