• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody have a bag, big enough to short this?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shorting this is one of those cases where being right, but getting the timing wrong would be fatal. The potential loses going long anything, is simply what you have invested. Going short something that goes parabolic, the potential losses are nearly infinite. For reference, from March of 2010 till today, Bitcoin increased by 660 million percent. that would be a big margin call.

Comment

....hindsight investing.

Money for nothing! Either shorting it lately or being long early. Congrats to anyone who did either. The early long bet would have paid better than the wildly risky short bet.

Comment

Hiding under The bed😂

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
          Hiding under The bed😂
          Are you on the wrong side of this? It's more comfortable in the bed than under it. They're for sleeping in not hiding under....that's where the monsters are!
          Last edited by farmaholic; Dec 22, 2017, 06:14.

Comment

My query on Dec 16th looks pretty good now($17,717). Likely wouldn't have been able to take the heat on Mon 18th move up,,,probably would've got whipsawed trying to get out. But where we will end up today, would've have looked sweet!

Should've given more consideration to the up coming holidays, in that, people often like to clean up their positions when there are days ahead in which you can't trade.

I think this thing will go down to at least 12,000, if not even 8,000.

No, I'm still not getting in,,,, as AF5 says, could lead to unbearable pain !

[URL="https://www.nyse.com/quote/index/NYXBT"]https://www.nyse.com/quote/index/NYXBT[/URL]

Oh ya, the news about the falling Bitcoin was all over CTV and CBC this morning, so you know what happens with news like that goes "mainstream".
            Last edited by danny W1M; Dec 22, 2017, 09:05.

Comment

Originally posted by danny W1M View Post
              My query on Dec 16th looks pretty good now($17,717). Likely wouldn't have been able to take the heat on Mon 18th move up,,,probably would've got whipsawed trying to get out. But where we will end up today, would've have looked sweet!

Should've given more consideration to the up coming holidays, in that, people often like to clean up their positions when there are days ahead in which you can't trade.

I think this thing will go down to at least 12,000, if not even 8,000.

No, I'm still not getting in,,,, as AF5 says, could lead to unbearable pain !

[URL="https://www.nyse.com/quote/index/NYXBT"]https://www.nyse.com/quote/index/NYXBT[/URL]

Oh ya, the news about the falling Bitcoin was all over CTV and CBC this morning, so you know what happens with news like that goes "mainstream".
              BNN was discussing Bitcoin today with an analyst who has an investment in a small amount of bitcoin.
              A issue he found is you can't exit the contract and have the contract converted to CDN $ into your bank account .....you have to take your exit in Bitcoin. (Regulators are worried about money laundering).

They did mention CBOT is planning to add for more Bitcoin trading and Goldman Sachs is setting up a trading desk for it.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...
              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.