• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yellow Pea Saga

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
    I personally prefer "no bid" than insulting me with bargain basement blow out prices!
    Me too. Along with an explanation

Mumbai spot prices today for "white"(yellow) peas 2500Rs/100kg about 13.39 CAD/bu. Russian origin 12.98 CAD/bu
    October report list Canada exports of peas to India at 9.99 CAD/bu. 11.34 CAD/bu average all destinations. That would be all types

Comment

Originally posted by farming101 View Post
      Me too. Along with an explanation

Mumbai spot prices today for "white"(yellow) peas 2500Rs/100kg about 13.39 CAD/bu. Russian origin 12.98 CAD/bu
      October report list Canada exports of peas to India at 9.99 CAD/bu. 11.34 CAD/bu average all destinations. That would be all types
      Some of this is container freight to smaller destinations. For example not unheard of to have USD $90/MT in ocean frt costs if all they take is container. so 90x1.27/36.743 is $3.11/bu in ocean costs alone. Add in rail to port cost and cleaning and you have another CAD $80/MT or $2/bu. (say $55+25/mt)

Peas are not worth anything sitting in the middle of Canada and unfortunately these costs are real.

Comment

I guess once panic subsides and sales are pending.....there needs to be "offers". Up to you if you want to take them.

Got calls for my greens too after the yellow fiasco.....were they "bargain" hunting?

Comment

Scoular in your corner????
          Yea deal there quite a bit . Had $8 contacts there in sept and also sold some overage for $7.25 from combine Pretty quiet there right now

Comment

Explain the "can" math to me...what's the "90 X 1.27"?

Edit....ooops, Exchange?
            Last edited by farmaholic; Dec 5, 2017, 10:21.

Comment

Explain the "can" math to me...what's the "90 X 1.27"?

Edit....ooops, Exchange?
              yes USD $90/MT x 1.27 is CAD

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                Yea deal there quite a bit . Had $8 contacts there in sept and also sold some overage for $7.25 from combine Pretty quiet there right now
                Green market is a different animal but it has been dead long before this situation. Export market is very quiet. Pet food is main home right now for green peas and they will now take yellow peas. $7.25 FOB in SE is purely to go into USA direct for Pet food. That FOB business will come and go.

$7.25 FOB will look hot after xmas. Again, in order to compete with Russia we will need to be in $6-7 delivered basis once india starts buying again. Note that we are down 500,000 MT in first three months of crop year exports with virtually zero sales on books right now. Lentils are half, down 325000 MT. This is nothing to do with the Indian issue. Just lack of demand.

Lots of people trying to blame the duty issue on today's price. Its the other way around. Low price caused the duty.

Comment

Originally posted by dave4441 View Post
                  Green market is a different animal but it has been dead long before this situation. Export market is very quiet. Pet food is main home right now for green peas and they will now take yellow peas. $7.25 FOB in SE is purely to go into USA direct for Pet food. That FOB business will come and go.

$7.25 FOB will look hot after xmas. Again, in order to compete with Russia we will need to be in $6-7 delivered basis once india starts buying again. Note that we are down 500,000 MT in first three months of crop year exports with virtually zero sales on books right now. Lentils are half, down 325000 MT. This is nothing to do with the Indian issue. Just lack of demand.

Lots of people trying to blame the duty issue on today's price. Its the other way around. Low price caused the duty.

Those are going to Winnipeg actually.

I agree with the rest of your post but I think 5-6 here central SK will be needed to make export sense...

Comment

Johnston's Grain Marketing is quoting bids and trades of $7.25 yellow peas for SE Sask....

1-800-324-7778

caseih...you by?
                    their price for us here is $6.50 fob farm , just checked. the problem with farming at the edge of the world

Comment

Our flax into southern Manitoba..... same issue. Freight to plant took about 90 cents a bushel off fob plant prices. Sucks to be me.... in the Slum of the Ghetto!

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                        their price for us here is $6.50 fob farm , just checked. the problem with farming at the edge of the world
                        You can get that at the feed Mills in Humboldt now.

Comment

Originally posted by Klause View Post
                          Those are going to Winnipeg actually.

I agree with the rest of your post but I think 5-6 here central SK will be needed to make export sense...
                          Yes, will be small volumes. We sold some our new crop purchases to same guy. Paid more then export market, in Sept. These are all about non traditional pea business

Prices loaded container CY Stoon will never work on peas to India, only stuffed in Vancouver from hoppers. In really strong demand it can equate, but normally pea margin is so low that it has to be transloaded only in Van.

Comment

Originally posted by wiseguy
                            I ain't sellin to Dave !
                            Don't then. I am not trying to buy grain on here, but i have been realistic with my information for months as i usually have a pretty good understanding of these markets.

Find someone you trust to explain where markets sit and where they feel they are headed. Likely pays better then locking the bins in frustration months after the markets moved away from you.

Comment

Johnston's has brokered about 4244 tonnes(156000 bushels) of yellow peas this week.... with the VAST majority at $7.25/bu.

Good to see the market rebound a bit from the Indian tariff blow.

Can I get a finder's fee for putting this out there. I wonder if this market($7.25) will fill or if this is the new norm.
                              Last edited by farmaholic; Dec 8, 2017, 20:12.

Comment

Weber's newsletter has North Dakota green peas quoted at $9.30 CAD. Looks like we have a bit of room on the upside compared to local bids. A skinny northern tier States pea crop?

$9.00 opens our bin doors.
                                Last edited by farmaholic; Dec 21, 2017, 09:11.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.