• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Here comes 2017 Harvest

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here comes 2017 Harvest

Next week is heating up by the looks of the forecast so sharpen the sickles.

and fill up the water truck

Comment

If the weather holds even canola swathing will start here.

We just finished half of our barley. Results astounding at 109 bushels per acre for the field. The rest of the barley won't do quite that but still looks good. Quality looks good but only the mystical vom test will tell for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Braveheart View Post

We just finished half of our barley. Results astounding at 109 bushels per acre for the field. The rest of the barley won't do quite that but still looks good. Quality looks good but only the mystical vom test will tell for sure.
        There is going to be some monster sized yields in Mb. Likely will see 75 -80 spring wheat, 100 barley, 55-65 canola. Oats might not be as big. I've missed most the rains for the last 40 days but still expecting average here. Beans and corn will need rains here for filling, but forecast not positive. I'm still thinking an early frost could wipe out a big swath of corn and beans in Mb late this month.

Comment

No doubt..MB crops looked amazing when we were there.

Comment

Will be some big pea crops aswell

Comment

Comments like that are just depressing me here in the Slum of the Ghetto......

Some of your guys' average yeilds are likely what my last year's stellar yeilds were , in my eyes and experience for here.

$2000/ac........HA! Gotta wonder if some of this year's yeilds here will pay the rent or interest on the mortgage after expenses.

Peas....27ish! (In the bin estimate and I won't be far off).

Comment

Wow! This all sounds strange to me but our canola is still flowering. Hope it doesn't snow and stick around the first week of August or else there won't be any combining to worry about in our neck of the woods. Hoping for about two thirds of normal if it makes it due to flooding and mudding it in this spring.

Comment

Desiccating wheat with the swather today (yeah yeah yeah.....I know, we'll leave the swathing versus straight cutting debate for another day). What a pile of fluff! Pretty ripe and the heads pointing straight up.....not a single sign of a fusarium infected head, even in the few "good" low spots with decent moisture. A report of some winter wheat in the area running 20! I find that hard to beleive, I'm hoping our HRS does about one and a half times that! HOPING!

Looking for a job this winter...SF3's golf caddy, baggage handler and condo(house) keeper, cocktail mixer....

Comment

Originally posted by Braveheart View Post

More crazy talk.... you mean the "100% repeatable accuracy" or at the very least, "tolerable minimal difference" "vom test"

Careful Braveheart.... you'll be labelled!

Comment

It is amazing there is anything left of this crop, with the heat and winds every day. We'll be glad to have this one behind us nice dry, not diseased, not needing a dryer. 😂

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                        Comments like that are just depressing me here in the Slum of the Ghetto......

Some of your guys' average yeilds are likely what my last year's stellar yeilds were , in my eyes and experience for here.

$2000/ac........HA! Gotta wonder if some of this year's yeilds here will pay the rent or interest on the mortgage after expenses.

Peas....27ish! (In the bin estimate and I won't be far off).
                        Peas and lentils done. 21-22bu/a.c on both. Started into mustard tonight. Going a monstrous 7 and change. Half my wheat has me a little worried. Other half is gonna have to pay a lot of bills...

Comment

What the hell, Helmsdale.....they open another Ghetto? Ghetto farming can be a challenge.

Contact me at farma@Ghetto-farming.nfg

Comment

Farma LOL!

4.5 tenths last night biggest rain in 2 months. might help canola

Comment

Yes Farma, I said it, Vom test. Unfortunately, here in southern MB, vom is always lurking.

Beer drinkers want their suds to stay in the bottle until it crosses the lips. Pigs like feed they don't puke up minutes after eating. So hopefully the barley ducked fusarium this year and both Bud drinkers and Berkshires are happy.

Winter wheat already done in our area and testing zero for vomitoxin.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.