• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canola

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canola

any insights on the canola market ? is this just seasonal ? or did we miss the boat , again ?

Stats Canada Did it to us big time, Cleaning up a mistake from three years ago so every thing finally balances.

Crop was small the trade knows it farmers know it hell Manitoba ag said it the other day lots thought they had a huge crop final results were normal.

Just saying.

Comment

Soybeans have lost about 50 cents/bu of-late as the South American weather premium is gradually leaking out of the market.

China and crush canola demand has slowed of-late, technical selling and trade now expecting large crop year end carryout.

Need fresh bullish weather from South America in Jan/Feb, if not, more downside possible later in crop year (IMO).

Comment

Soybeans around here have no bid because of oil and protein content.....funny how there is always an unknown excuse.....

Maybe I should spend 50 cents for a piece of paper to lower my returns furthur.....

Comment

There's about a dollar to the downside in beans yet.

Comment

If the assholes actually come to market for it instead of making specials so you can't capitalize on basis contracts and rolling futures then that might work.
            Specials also **** up your paper hedges. Also would be nice if we didn't tell all the companies what we are willing to sell for in targets.
            So if too much manipulation is present, then might have to ride it out till summer. IMO.
            Sorry if my feelings came across....

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
              Maybe I should spend 50 cents for a piece of paper to lower my returns furthur.....
              ....LOL, Amen!

If I had to seed into the soil conditions we had last fall....there wouldn't be a snowball's chance in hell I could get a canola crop established! And those conditions really haven't improved much!!!!!!!!!!!

But I suffer from backyarditis! Anyone else in the ZONE care to comment?

Comment

****ing guys thinking this warm weather melting 4 inches of snow will help next spring. ....if it was 20 degrees outside dust would be blowing on pulse ground....

Summerfallow maybe be the best return next year....

Comment

Noticed a lot of the canola bags in this area are starting to get pecked open by the ravens yesterday. Might lose a bit there...

Comment

How much high green count canola was produced this year ? Would the high green count late canola be added into the last stats can numbers
                    Last edited by TASFarms; Dec 20, 2017, 09:13.

Comment

Originally posted by TASFarms View Post
                      How much high green count canola was produced this year ? Would the high green count late canola be added into the last stats can numbers
                      Yes, and then some...

Comment

January futures expire December 28th.

Cost to roll as of now is $7-8 per tonne.

Comment

On a tangent - sorry. What about wheat!!

NASS report on wheat was out Dec. 14th. The acres not harvested were 4,626,000 acres for the top 7 wheat producing states. 22.2 million planted acres for the same 7 states. 21% lost. No mention of this in any market analysis briefing. Really makes you wonder who is steering the ship!

Comment

Wheat-The North American supply situation will likely just mean that Canada's 2017-18 crop will keep flowing. Unless the railways decide they are too busy to haul it.
                            The US market is working to preserve ending stocks and its doing a good job so far. World wheat situation is saying don't expect much higher prices any time soon for lower protein wheat. High protein, maybe.
                            Price premiums will likely appear in the form of the much despised "specials" just to fill an order

Comment

The railways are not hauling grain now ffs
                              ...what do mean if they decide not to haul it....

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.