• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Windpower Alberta

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Windpower Alberta

Latest estimate for new windpower 3.6 cents per KWhr. Cheaper than N gas. Cheaper than Hydro. New projects to start in Southern Alta.

Yea we believe it’s all great

Comment

I wish I had sacks inside info because on the surface 3.6cents looks good to me. Mabry we should go to time of day metering like they do in a lot of Europe as power is cheap in the late night hours, spread the load out. It would be nice to have all the figures before jumping to conclusions.

Comment

Bridge salesman is back out again. Allright slow learners: listen carefully. When green energy is quoted at a ridiculously low price it is because they are leaving important details out. These details include: how much back up power and at what price is needed because of wrong time of day generation. 2) What is the cost of grid enlargements to get this new development interconnected. 3) How much carbon credits are involved. These details are left out every time and it is why so called green energy is not competitive with good old fashioned coal fired generation which works.

Comment

ajl all good questions, that's why I asked but you didn't fill any either just more exercise jumping to conclusions.

Comment

Sounds good, but the proof is in the pudding ....... or details.

Comment

We are signed up with one of these wind farms and it been going on for 10 years now, they were hoping to build now that the ndp are in Alberta and liberal are in . They were telling us that they were going to get $.38 a kwh not $.035, said they needed that to make it work.

Comment

Originally posted by bullshead View Post
                We are signed up with one of these wind farms and it been going on for 10 years now, they were hoping to build now that the ndp are in Alberta and liberal are in . They were telling us that they were going to get $.38 a kwh not $.035, said they needed that to make it work.
                Now THAT # I believe...

Comment

Now that I would like to see, me thinks you have your decimal in wrong place,o look there goes another flying pig.

Comment

From what has been studied, sounds like more carbon is produced in building, transporting, and installing a wind mill than it will save over its functional lifespan.

Comment

Yes but it's OK because all those global warming gases caused by the production of those turbines are mostly created in China or Korea so they shouldn't affect us here.

Comment

you guys shouldn't bring up facts like that , you will be told to leave the discussion

Comment

They might be able to produce it for that but they need that price to make the project profitable, so maybe the the oil industry isn't the only be subidized greatly.

Comment

So wind power is 4 x as high as SaskPowers current rate and backup power is still required.

Ok........🙈

Comment

Ontario did deals at .80/ kWh to get the first batch of windmills going. I don't remember the size of projects but it wasn't insignificant. So .38/ kWh is likely in the ballpark.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.