• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

sOLAR PANEL REALITY

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanx Tweety

From your data

2014 Vehicles exported $66B and imported $77B - net loss of $10 bil

2016 Vehicles exported $85B and imported $89B - net loss $4B

2014 Oil etc exported $142B and imported $52 - net gain $90B.

2016 Oil etc exported $82B and imported $33B - net gain $50B.

Ontario and Quebec have ALL the vehicle production.

The West has almost all of the oil production.

Ask yourself, what asshats would want to throw sand in the gears of the oil industry when it contributes net to the country like that?

And why should Quebec be getting ANY money thru equalization from western Canada oil industry salaries when they despise the oil industry and block it every chance they get?

Comment

Originally posted by RWT101 View Post

Ask yourself, what asshats would want to throw sand in the gears of the oil industry when it contributes net to the country like that?
      Are you saying the oil industry needs billions in tax cuts and dollar handouts for the obscenely wealthy - or it will crumble?

Fortunately as the "oil only" generation moves into the old folks homes, things will change. Might take a hundred years, but it will change. Some are just a little more impatient then others.

RWT, also, if Canada really gave a shit about making money we wouldn't be sending crude to Texas and then ship it back to Alberta as gasoline and diesel. We would value add here. The oil industry in Canada is the US oil industry - which is why the US calls Canada's reserves, national supply.
      Last edited by tweety; Dec 4, 2017, 15:29.

Comment

I thought Allen Blakeney was dead.

Maybe tweety is his reincarnation and we can go back to the 70's and if we don't like how multinationals do business we can just nationalize them for the good of all ( Or is that Al? ).

I'm to old to hit the road looking for a job.

Bin there Done that!

Comment

Originally posted by shtferbrains View Post
          I thought Allen Blakeney was dead.

Maybe tweety is his reincarnation and we can go back to the 70's and if we don't like how multinationals do business we can just nationalize them for the good of all ( Or is that Al? ).

I'm to old to hit the road looking for a job.

Bin there Done that!
          Statoil worked well in Norway! One of the best places in the world to live and a Trillion dollars in savings from oil and gas! Our record on resource development is one of low royalty rates , giving most of the benefits away and not planning for the long term.

Comment

You mean like the unreliable wind shown on this these graphs?

[URL="http://www.gridwatch.templar.co.uk/"]http://www.gridwatch.templar.co.uk/[/URL]

Bird choppers can almost always be counted on to take a vacation exactly when they are needed the most.

I have been watching this UK website for several years now and today’s graphs are not a exception.

Note how old king coal comes to the rescue again.
            What is interesting about those figures is how well coal has been replaced, and how well the different generation systems balance each other. Coal being #3 trailing gas and nuclear generation. The other thing notable is that, like agriculture in Europe, it's all about chasing the subsidy! Coal plants co-firing biomass so they qualify for the renewable subsidy. Hydro, wind and biogas plants of course also qualify for the subsidy. There are a lot of unhappy farmers in Scotland due to the subsidized biogas plants removing feedstuffs from the marketplace.

Comment

Ah yes, the good old Norway comparison again.

Here's how hard Norway had to work to earn its oil money fortune from 1966.

http://www.worldoil.com/news/2017/4/4/npd-reports-6-000-wells-on-the-norwegian-shelf

Only 6000 total wells drilled in 51 years.

Do you realize that Alberta alone has drilled over 12000 wells in 1 (ONE) year?

Gee, I wonder if that would be any more work than 100 wells per year?

Comment

Here's a summary of how much work Alberta had to do to earn it oil money fortune.

[URL="http://www1.aer.ca/st98/tables/executive_summary/table_3.html"]http://www1.aer.ca/st98/tables/executive_summary/table_3.html[/URL]

Enjoy

Comment

Here's a summary of how much work Alberta had to do to earn it oil money fortune.

[URL="http://www1.aer.ca/st98/tables/executive_summary/table_3.html"]http://www1.aer.ca/st98/tables/executive_summary/table_3.html[/URL]

Enjoy
                  Well its hard to make money when you give everything away.

Comment

Originally posted by tweety View Post
                    Well its hard to make money when you give everything away.
                    The problem in Alberta wasn't giving away the resources, the problem was using that resource revenue to fund everyday functions of government. You blame the bad choices of government for the lack of savings, I blame Alberta voters including myself. In the past and certainly in the present Albertan's in the majority are against a sales tax. If we had a sales tax since the early 2000's and had saved our energy royalties we would be in much better shape. Tweety, you are like most left leaning individuals, tax business more, the reason Alberta is broke is we didn't get enough royalties. No the reason our government is in debt is because we are the only province in Canada without a sales tax. The other reason we are broke is we have some of the highest payed on average government employees in Canada. Even today with back to back $10 billion plus deficits the majority of Albertan's are against a sales tax. So Tweety you can blame previous PC governments, I blame Albertan's.(and remember I am one!)

Comment

The royalties alberta collects are a joke. They got played like a fiddle.

Left or right, that was a full decision of the PC's and the "people" never made that decision. They didn't have the balls to say leave it in the ground till you're willing to pay for it.

And then they grossly mismanaged the pittance they got. They could have had billions in the bank paying for free education, infrastructure, etc.

Closest example we see in Agriculture is farmers giving data away. They pay to give valuable data away and stick their head in the sand convincing themselves they are getting a "service" while companies trip over each other raping from the data goldmine.

Too naive to make money - in both cases - is the problem. Not realizing the value in something and giving it away, and then justifying to yourself that giving it away is the only option. Yup, blame the "people".

Comment

I disagree Tweety, Albertan's were complicit because they continued to elect governments with the same policy. Even today support by a party for a sales tax leads to no popular support even in the NDP. And I am not an NDP supporter!!

Comment

Not only were the royalties set at pitifully low levels, apart from the new developments that weren't required to pay any at all, some that were supposed to pay royalties never did and they were never followed up on. Years and years of non-payment in some cases and have never been held to account.

Comment

Originally posted by tweety View Post
                            The royalties alberta collects are a joke. They got played like a fiddle.

Left or right, that was a full decision of the PC's and the "people" never made that decision. They didn't have the balls to say leave it in the ground till you're willing to pay for it.

And then they grossly mismanaged the pittance they got. They could have had billions in the bank paying for free education, infrastructure, etc.

Closest example we see in Agriculture is farmers giving data away. They pay to give valuable data away and stick their head in the sand convincing themselves they are getting a "service" while companies trip over each other raping from the data goldmine.

Too naive to make money - in both cases - is the problem. Not realizing the value in something and giving it away, and then justifying to yourself that giving it away is the only option. Yup, blame the "people".

[URL="http://www.globalresearch.ca/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/3.-infographic_05_reserves_20141.jpg"]http://www.globalresearch.ca/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/3.-infographic_05_reserves_20141.jpg[/URL]

So Tweet, just how much of THIS OIL RESERVE would Tweet the businessman like to "leave in the ground"?

Don't you realize that "leave it in the ground" was the strategy of the Sask NDP govts for decades?

And look at where that got the province of Sask.

Very much poorer and further behind in development than Alberta just because they were paranoid of being 'robbed by the big, bad 'muricans'.
                            In fact the last time I visited Sask, I wasn't sure I was on the hiway or in a farmers field. LOL

The other factor is - what if the world suddenly found a new substantial, cheap supply of power?
                            And the value of all oil nose-dived to near nothing.

'Leaving it in the ground' then becomes a rather boneheaded business decision, doesn't it?

Greed is not a sterling human quality.

Comment

[URL="http://www.globalresearch.ca/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/3.-infographic_05_reserves_20141.jpg"]http://www.globalresearch.ca/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/3.-infographic_05_reserves_20141.jpg[/URL]

So Tweet, just how much of THIS OIL RESERVE would Tweet the businessman like to "leave in the ground"?

Don't you realize that "leave it in the ground" was the strategy of the Sask NDP govts for decades?

And look at where that got the province of Sask.

Very much poorer and further behind in development than Alberta just because they were paranoid of being 'robbed by the big, bad 'muricans'.
                              In fact the last time I visited Sask, I wasn't sure I was on the hiway or in a farmers field. LOL

The other factor is - what if the world suddenly found a new substantial, cheap supply of power?
                              And the value of all oil nose-dived to near nothing.

'Leaving it in the ground' then becomes a rather boneheaded business decision, doesn't it?

Greed is not a sterling human quality.
                              Ya you're right, give it away.

Comment

Not sure where you (Tweety) get the idea we are "giving it away"?

If we are giving it away, then how come Ab is sending Ottawa $5000/person/year to Ottawa in taxes?

Or why did Alberta send $221 bil more to Ottawa than it received back from Ottawa just from 2007 to 2015?

[URL="http://www.newsoptimist.ca/alberta-is-the-engine-that-drives-canadian-growth-1.21241290"]http://www.newsoptimist.ca/alberta-is-the-engine-that-drives-canadian-growth-1.21241290[/URL]

I have to laugh at the fools that say Alberta should have a Norway size piggy bank when the BS equalization is stealing the biggest chunk of Alberta's wealth.

Equalization needs to be changed so that NO PROVINCE OVER 6 MILLION PEOPLE GETS A DIME FROM IT.

It's time Quebec and Ontario put the their big boy pants on and learned to fend for themselves.

See how long they keep electing idiots as Premiers when the markets really take into account their $600 bil of govt debt.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.