• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wow...

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow...

I just saw over a million dollars(tractor, drill and cart) drive past the field I'm seeding.

The roads are hardly big enough for today's equipment.

What would happen if two of these rigs would meet each other on the road with no where to pull over or an approach into a field to turn into and let the other guy pass. It is almost time for pilot vehicles.

I asked a Machinery Co rep when they're going to stop building them bigger, his response was when Producers stop buying the next biggest one.

If that happens pharma, it will be the same farmer meeting his second unit.

Give me my bots!

Comment

New bourgaults are nowhere near legal max height for transport down AB highways. Any transport company moving them requires permits from provincial govt and local power companies require measurements and then tell you what day and time you can move it down their designated route. 50km moves can double or more. Legally speaking as a farmer you're supposed to get a high load permit to move them. No one does. Your ASS is gonna wonder whether its reamed or bored if you bring down a line.

Comment

I think the farmer with two of those won't have to be in each other's vicinity.... or will be more organized and will know what each is doing and where they're going. I hope.

Comment

Come to think of it...probably 1.5 million +

Comment

Chequing, there's guys here seeding section fields. Maybe even bigger where there was never a road built on the road allowances. I just have to wonder how efficient and timely a field of bots could do it in comparison to today's behemoths. Can grain prices even support the technology? And if grain prices have to rise to pay for it, will consumers be able to afford to pay for it.

Comment

These ridiculous monstrosities would not exist if not for the last ten years of money printing and zero interest rates. No way they are economic without cheap debt. As rates rise they disappear but the economy is now on permanent life support these days.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                Come to think of it...probably 1.5 million +
                $500-$550k for 580 quad trac depending on multiple discount
                $600k - $650k for 86ft bourgout with 950 tank depending on volumes. Never as much as coffee shop thinks yet obviously still a lot of money

Comment

Originally posted by vvalk View Post
                  $500-$550k for 580 quad trac depending on multiple discount
                  $600k - $650k for 86ft bourgout with 950 tank depending on volumes. Never as much as coffee shop thinks yet obviously still a lot of money
                  That was my wild ass guess vvalk. Guess I was closer the first time. The high end of your numbers come in between my two guestimates...yup, still a pile of money.

Sounds like you shopped for that stuff?

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                    That was my wild ass guess vvalk. Guess I was closer the first time. The high end of your numbers come in between my two guestimates...yup, still a pile of money.

Sounds like you shopped for that stuff?
                    Farma were those 1300 tanks?

Comment

1300 bus tanks... and they looked at me sideways at the red deer show when I wondered out loud how long it would be till they put high flotation highway certified rubber and air packages on super b's. Dual purpose for hauling to the elevator. And you'd never have to fill in the field again... just drop one set and pick up the next.

Comment

Originally posted by biglentil View Post
                        Farma were those 1300 tanks?
                        Biglentil, I dont know, I wasn't close enough to see but I'm sure it was at least the 950 bu.

Only one went by here.

Comment

So how about the big time operators like the guy in southern Alberta that went from red to green about four seeding outfits and it hasn’t rained for three years there? Last year he talked about 20 bus barley crop. This year, four new green quads.
                          Must be the multiple discount lol
                          Cue Richie Bros..

Comment

youd be in big trouble in this area with two big units meeting on a road, the ditches are 15 feet deep and steep. at least the land is flat so you can have a good look to make sure the next mile of road is free before heading on to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Quadtrack View Post
                              So how about the big time operators like the guy in southern Alberta that went from red to green about four seeding outfits and it hasn’t rained for three years there? Last year he talked about 20 bus barley crop. This year, four new green quads.
                              Must be the multiple discount lol
                              Cue Richie Bros..
                              It really making you wonder doesn't it. Gross per acre doesn't lie. Like aj said it's a good thing debt is easily available

Iceman

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.