• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Producer Group Director Elections.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Concerning the Sask Pulse Growers:
    Thanks for holding a board seat Dave, Just a few questions.
    How come we cant have one voice Canada pulse, MPG,SPG,APG?
    Do you think Sask. pulse growers are paying more than Mb or Ab?
    Have you been paid while holding a position? Do you think it is adequate?
    Why Is there 26,000,000 surplus sitting in SPG? Is this not a non profit?

Comment

So basically our canary check off is going to what? Somebody in a trench coat watching some Mexican peasants steal a blender (according to trump) and grind up some canary seed? Is that the study? Lol
      Are they studying the price screw job that gets lost on the way to Mexico too?

This was being done years ago. It is by all accounts a very healthy alternative.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
        .....Tell me why opec and canpotex can demand what they do?

Dont like it but tbeir policies working together work somehow....

Pulses and these boards can't be too much different...
        Maybe if you'd all worked to reform the CWB to make it better instead of destroying it you could have had this? It was the closest shot you ever had to being an OPEC.

Comment

Originally posted by the big wheel View Post
          So basically our canary check off is going to what? Somebody in a trench coat watching some Mexican peasants steal a blender (according to trump) and grind up some canary seed? Is that the study? Lol
          Are they studying the price screw job that gets lost on the way to Mexico too?

This was being done years ago. It is by all accounts a very healthy alternative.
          Canary Assn (which i am still involved with) mainly spends on breeding and Agronomy and a small amount of money is used for food work and a really small amount on admin. Most of these projects have matching provincial or federal dollars. Without organizations like this much of the breeding and agronomy work would have not be funded by either govt.

It would be a good time for your to start exporting canaryseed to Mexico. Today they are trying to buy at 18-19 cents grower plus 2 cents to clean it, plus transport costs. It's extremely lucrative today. Not much to study. Stop by my office sometime and i will show you how you can make easy money trading canary into Mexico.

Comment

I received a letter in mail to vote now.
            Apparently Saskatchewan elections for pulse growers and wheat growers is open now....will have to check it out.

(Not sure if other commodity groups are having an election currently.)

Comment

Dave4441

Do I sense sarcasm in your last post about making money at 18 cents on canary seed to Mexico. ?

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                Dave4441

Do I sense sarcasm in your last post about making money at 18 cents on canary seed to Mexico. ?
                Yup. That market is extremely low margin. Actually all grain markets today are low margin. I am serious about the price that will interest new demand today. It's low. Buyer's bought when canary was 25 cents and now they are getting crushed. So they are trying to find the bottom.

This black sea competition is making business difficult for many pulse markets. Canary moving into Italy from Ukraine (as an example) so prices get pushed down in other areas in a race to the bottom.

Canadian Ag is going to be tightening it's belt across the entire industry. Crop failure somewhere in the world is the only hope.

I am speaking about special crops in a general sense but i see it in other markets as well.

Comment

Then you have no clue about what's going on Dave. There are a small amount of players that set the price they can set that price because no one represents the seller. A few large middlemen here take their payoffs and we get the shit prices. That's what's happening!!

Comment

Then you have no clue about what's going on Dave. There are a small amount of players that set the price they can set that price because no one represents the seller. A few large middlemen here take their payoffs and we get the shit prices. That's what's happening!!

Actually Dave is right.

Canada gave away the goose that laid the golden eggs now ag s up the creek without a paddle.

As far as sask pulse or pulse Canada taking credit for pea fractionating. LOL. We can thank Dr. Pascalle Pelgrom and his associates at U of
                    Wageningen for the increased awareness and use of pea flours

Comment

LOL, you have no clue.

First of all there are 3-4 main Canadian exporters of canaryseed to Mexico and a couple smaller ones.

They sell to 5 main importers in Mexico and a couple smaller ones. They sell both to consumers directly in central markets, supply Walmart and large grocery chains and to small resellers across the country.

Margins are low. That is it. No conspiracy. But i give you credit for riding this belief this long.

Comment

Originally posted by Klause View Post
                        Actually Dave is right.

Canada gave away the goose that laid the golden eggs now ag s up the creek without a paddle.

As far as sask pulse or pulse Canada taking credit for pea fractionating. LOL. We can thank Dr. Pascalle Pelgrom and his associates at U of
                        Wageningen for the increased awareness and use of pea flours
                        Two seperate issues. The use of pea starch in China is a different use then fractionation in Europe. Lots of European investment in Canada research programs with Pulse Canada. I challenge Klause to try and understand how much work has been done by Pulse Canada in last 10 years. It is huge.

I personally pushed funding thru to look at milling of lentils. No work had been done at that point.

Comment

In Europe, India and other countries we are non-competitive (at this time). Anuga Food Show was an eye-opener. In prior years our salesteams came back with piles of orders. This year we have Russians trying to sell to us. As for Canaryseed profit-oh yeh big wheel, try marketing to Mexico.🍀

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
                            In Europe, India and other countries we are non-competitive (at this time). Anuga Food Show was an eye-opener. In prior years our salesteams came back with piles of orders. This year we have Russians trying to sell to us. As for Canaryseed profit-oh yeh big wheel, try marketing to Mexico.🍀
                            For a minute there I thought the 18 cents dave4111 was talking about was the margin! ;-)

Comment

You can't market it to Mexico on your own because the monopoly for low prices gang gets their payoff and come back to us and say. Hey that's all there is.
                              Lol why would anyone there pay more when the market fixers offer it there at this stupid low price.
                              God some people are dense.

Mexicans can pay 40 cents no problem would be a small dent in what they really pay. but it's a lot cheaper to pay a few and fix the market. I'd bet the people there have no idea they are paying what they are and we are only getting this shit price.

You can blab all you want that thats the number you got but how did the entire market get to that number is where the problem exists. Remember youre like a pee on not privy to the real deals.

Kinda like the durum thing but not I guess In that market those making money off volume elevation offer the lowest prices guess who gets the bids? Hahaha

If any of you actually think these companies here are going to bat for you holy crap you can't be that dumb!!

Comment

You can't market it to Mexico on your own because the monopoly for low prices gang gets their payoff and come back to us and say. Hey that's all there is.
                                Lol why would anyone there pay more when the market fixers offer it there at this stupid low price.
                                God some people are dense.

Mexicans can pay 40 cents no problem would be a small dent in what they really pay. but it's a lot cheaper to pay a few and fix the market. I'd bet the people there have no idea they are paying what they are and we are only getting this shit price.

You can blab all you want that thats the number you got but how did the entire market get to that number is where the problem exists. Remember youre like a pee on not privy to the real deals.

Kinda like the durum thing but not I guess In that market those making money off volume elevation offer the lowest prices guess who gets the bids? Hahaha

If any of you actually think these companies here are going to bat for you holy crap you can't be that dumb!!
                                Uh. Do you know how much canary Dave trades? Again you are spouting off about something you know nothing about.

Anywho, low prices suck but I doubt you pay anymore for your fert than you have to.

Mexicans won't either.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.