• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canola stocks on farm are huge?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOCK THE BINS.

Dust blowing here today like I’ve never seen before and we’re in “the wet zone”

The party is over on 50++ bushel canola in this area.

Comment

Quad, is the land that's blowing the stuff that guys vertical tilled or just had to heavy harrow. The Apprentice was hauling wheat today and said a guy's land nearby was blowing as he was seeding.... but it looked like he heavy harrowed a bunch.... sometimes doing nothing is better than "something"..... adjust your sails!!!!! For ****'s sake!!!

Comment

Where are you at Quadtrac? No dust blowing here. After last year, no one has blackened the fields. We learned a lesson last year. This year, we cut her in and sealed her up. Signed, sealed, now hope to deliver.

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
          Where are you at Quadtrac? No dust blowing here. After last year, no one has blackened the fields. We learned a lesson last year. This year, we cut her in and sealed her up. Signed, sealed, now hope to deliver.
          East Sask here.

Just harrowed this spring. Dust and straw blown off hills into lower areas and now the canola is 3 inches deep in straw and dust. What fun.

Comment

The wind reminds me of 1988 for F&&ks sake. It was dry that year bone dry

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
              The wind reminds me of 1988 for F&&ks sake. It was dry that year bone dry
              They 80’s were horrible but we never had 2 dry years back to back. Grasshoppers were a huge problem. We sat on the sprayer all summer.

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
                They 80’s were horrible but we never had 2 dry years back to back. Grasshoppers were a huge problem. We sat on the sprayer all summer.
                Yep I recall very well.

Grasshoppers are next.

Comment

Not so bad here yet. No mosquitoes, thats nice
                  May long at the lake maybe, that would be a treat !

Comment

Will you be done by the weekend?

Comment

Listened to Drew on ag radio. If his predictions are accurate it doesn’t bode terribly well going forward. There won’t be enough canola to fill too many ships and if the rail co can’t ship this years crop good ****ing grief.

Comment

Originally posted by Partners View Post
                        Will you be done by the weekend?
                        Pretty close i think. Goin good. Will have a quarter of borage that we will wait a little bit for . How about you ?

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                          Pretty close i think. Goin good. Will have a quarter of borage that we will wait a little bit for . How about you ?
                          Will be at 75% by tonight.
                          Clouds dark to the north.hope it's raining on you.

Comment

5 acres left and ran out of seed. Arghhhhh. Oh well 10 bushels on the Super B im done done in 1hr! Shes in! Rain you SonnofaB! Black as T's Ass to the west its gonna be close.
                            Last edited by biglentil; May 16, 2018, 19:22.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                            • Return to Topic List
                            Working...
                            X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                            You agree to our and by clicking I agree.