• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Here comes the sun heat and W I N D!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here comes the sun heat and W I N D!

Well today is going to have 40 km plus winds and hot

Tomorrow 55 km plus winds and extremely hot that should dry up things and have SMF blowing plus some seeded fields.

Ah he weather in a dry year

Wind is bringing rain Thursday -Friday...

Comment

Originally posted by fjlip View Post
      Wind is bringing rain Thursday -Friday...
      Sheuuuuure it is, maybe for you guys

Speaking of wind, seems I used to remember N.E. winds meant rain. But the system hasn't got here yet. They're only talking Thursday night Friday. On the bright side the wind is supposed to calm down today at noon.

Hopalong made a real good comment a while ago. About being grateful to our direct seeding pioneers. I would like to echo that sentimentent. I can't imagine what it would be like otherwise, at least in these dry conditions I have a chance of getting a crop established. Thanks to the Innovators!

Are all the Vertical Tillage tools moving north off the fence line and hedge rows in the south? Expensive piece of iron to have around to use "now and then".
      Last edited by farmaholic; May 14, 2018, 08:25.

Comment

Seen forecast rain evaporate this spring already...60% chance Regina, today's forecast. Lottery continues...

Comment

I think I have a better chance winning lotto max than getting a good rain this year. Funny systems are moving different

Comment

Since mid March systems show promise on Canadian and us models 5-10 days out. They are consistently backed out as they approach the near term. This one is no different so far. Had us in the crosshairs for 1+" 2 days ago. Down to 4-6/10ths. Likely to be downgraded further yet.

Comment

Just started seeding yellow mustard. Top is dry and cracking. Moderate moisture at seeding depth of ~1", but warm and breezy days are likely to wick most of that away shortly after I open it up. Gonna need a shot of that wet stuff to get decent germ.

Comment

EnvCan had rain here for Thursday
                Took it completely out , then back in again all in the last 24 hrs lol

Comment

This is unreal already.
                  To wet for years and now going the other way.
                  To dry.

Going to need ABOVE AVERAGE rain to grow AN AVERAGE CROP.

Anything below “normal” precip will be far less than average crop.

The subsoil moisture got used up last year.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                    Sheuuuuure it is, maybe for you guys

Speaking of wind, seems I used to remember N.E. winds meant rain. But the system hasn't got here yet. They're only talking Thursday night Friday. On the bright side the wind is supposed to calm down today at noon.

Hopalong made a real good comment a while ago. About being grateful to our direct seeding pioneers. I would like to echo that sentimentent. I can't imagine what it would be like otherwise, at least in these dry conditions I have a chance of getting a crop established. Thanks to the Innovators!

Are all the Vertical Tillage tools moving north off the fence line and hedge rows in the south? Expensive piece of iron to have around to use "now and then".
                    north and east winds, good sign of a drought.

Comment

We use to say east wind melt rain shortly after

Comment

The old fella used to say “nothing good ever comes out of the east”

Comment

Originally posted by quadtrac View Post
                          This is unreal already.
                          To wet for years and now going the other way.
                          To dry.

Going to need ABOVE AVERAGE rain to grow AN AVERAGE CROP.

Anything below “normal” precip will be far less than average crop.

The subsoil moisture got used up last year.
                          Rain not needed experts say , $70/ac canola seed and new wheat varieties are so good now . Read it rght in the western producer last fall after record (lol) canola crop .
                          Only now its not there so calling it “a huge carryover” lol
                          We’re as dry as we were in the eighties or early 2000’s
                          Gonna be a lot of speculators with sore arseholes
                          No one even doing hardly any preburn so dry nothing growing
                          And this is NE sask , deep in the swamp
                          I think they’re gonna have a hard time bullshitting us on this crop , unless things drastically change
                          Dont wait to long to buy your way out of one sided grain contracts !

Comment

We use to say east wind melt rain shortly after

Comment

Who would have big enough balls to price any 2018 production in the dry areas?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.