• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Excellent article on energy use

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Excellent article on energy use

I found this excellent article from Rob Avis that I thought was worth sharing.

https://medium.com/@rob_74123/the-energy-risk-no-one-is-talking-about-e38999e7107d

Originally posted by grassfarmer View Post
    I found this excellent article from Rob Avis that I thought was worth sharing.

https://medium.com/@rob_74123/the-energy-risk-no-one-is-talking-about-e38999e7107d

I quit reading were he said Wells need to bring continually fracked.

This is where you get your information from?

Wow.

Comment

Maybe go back and read it again because he doesn't say what I think you are accusing him of saying in your jumbled up ramble.

I know Rob and I guarantee he knows more on this topic than you do.

Comment

I know Rob and I guarantee he knows more on this topic than you do.

You don't know the difference between desco and gel if it hit you in the face repeatedly.

Renewable energy and permaculture... That's what Rob Avis does... And he knows more about oil production and how it's done than a guy who works in the patch... For over 8 years...

LOL.

Do you have any idea how a SAGD operation runs and where the energy comes from for the steam production ?

Nope. You don't have a clue.

Comment

Woopedoo you've worked in the patch for 8 years. Good job there were Petroleum Engineers like Rob there to figure out how to drill and extract the product and pass the instructions on down the line to you worker ants.

Comment

Woopedoo you've worked in the patch for 8 years. Good job there were Petroleum Engineers like Rob there to figure out how to drill and extract the product and pass the instructions on down the line to you worker ants.
            ... And you're qualifications are? Keyboard warrior?

And from his site:

With technical expertise in engineering, passive solar building, renewable energy, water harvesting, agroecological design and project management, I simplify complex problems for owner-builders and move them from uncertainty to clarity in determining the best-fit option for their buildings and property layout.

And now, from Cenovus, in 2013 at the height of the boom....

Click image for larger version

Name:	Cenovus-Costs.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	21.3 KB
ID:	766387Click image for larger version

Name:	Cenovus-Costs.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	21.3 KB
ID:	766387

Comment

He was a petroleum engineer - he is qualified - case closed.

Pity you didn't read any further into the article because it had nothing to do with fracking.

Comment

He was a petroleum engineer - he is qualified - case closed.

Pity you didn't read any further into the article because it had nothing to do with fracking.

Prove it. All I found is he's an environmental quack.

Also still waiting to see how you know more about energy production than me...

Comment

Originally posted by Klause View Post
                  Prove it. All I found is he's an environmental quack.

Also still waiting to see how you know more about energy production than me...

To the first "....Rob Avis is a petroleum engineer turned permaculture teacher, designer and public speaker....."

To the latter - again I say pity you can't read.

Comment

Dah I Read his Bio Page really he spews a bunch of nice Fluff.

FOLLOW THE MONEY!

Comment

To the first "....Rob Avis is a petroleum engineer turned permaculture teacher, designer and public speaker....."

To the latter - again I say pity you can't read.

Aha.

Yet both of you didn't realize waste gas from the production of the oil is used to make the steam...

Which after a while needs less and less energy as the formations warm up.

But please, do continue listening to enviro quacks

Btw, a BA in petroleum engineering qualifies you to sit in a shack on a lease and "consult" (relay orders from Calgary)

You probably knew that though

Comment

BaHaHa. And keep them far away from moving equipment. BaHaHa

Comment

Yep, these green blabber-mouths are so damn smart. When they walk to work, rub sticks together for heat, use wind and sun for their power and divest themselves of any use of fossil fuel, they might have a leg to stand on otherwise you are nothing but a bunch of blow-hards just like all the hypocrats Suzuki/Gore and fans.

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
                            Yep, these green blabber-mouths are so damn smart. When they walk to work, rub sticks together for heat, use wind and sun for their power and divest themselves of any use of fossil fuel, they might have a leg to stand on otherwise you are nothing but a bunch of blow-hards just like all the hypocrats Suzuki/Gore and fans.
                            Very true.

Comment

Just wanna add - Vancouver, the fossil fuel haters of Canada were the largest N. American exporter of coal with 36 million tonne exported in 2017. Follow the money is right!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.