• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Metalfor New Sprayer & Combine deal.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Metalfor New Sprayer & Combine deal.

Keep in mind inflation in Argentina is about 20%. 4 years @ 7.5 % is a negative rate. Currently prime rate is 15%.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	FB_IMG_1520913946912.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	38.9 KB
ID:	777905

This is the page for the new sprayer. They want to start selling here. It's English.
    http://metalfor.com.ar/en/project/multiple-7040/ http://metalfor.com.ar/en/project/multiple-7040/

Tracks optional.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	maxresdefault.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	97.6 KB
ID:	777906

I find it interesting that theyve had to develop their own equip lines. Some kind of isolation like russia i geuss?

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
      I find it interesting that theyve had to develop their own equip lines. Some kind of isolation like russia i geuss?
      Or there’s money to be made producing a much cheaper product. If equipment keeps going to the moon it could happen here as well.

Comment

This is a good thing. As long as the product is good. Doesn’t matter how much the Deere and Case guys spin there deals there prices are out to lunch. Just ridiculous how the prices have escalated. We shud be getting 20 bucks for canola and 15 bucks for wheat with the inflation in machinery.

Comment

Lots of good used machinery out there

Comment

Will be interesting to see how U.S. farmers make out in court ..
            https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2017/mar/06/nebraska-farmers-right-to-repair-john-deere-apple

Thanks for posting this thread Klause, good to see other manufacturers in the game .
            Would have to agree farmjunkie

Comment

We are keeping more of our good older used machinery that we know around the farm. Having more tractors means we put less hours on the newer more expensive ones. Example why use fancy new tracked tractor on grain cart or harrows when a good older unit will do the same job. And older units will run drills if need be

Comment

Looks like a Versatile rt490.

Comment

'Lots of good used machinery out there"

Exactly, and do any of you honestly think this equipment would ever get to be considered "good used machinery"

How many of those older used Belarus and Dons are still around farm yards being used?

You get what you pay for!

Comment

Originally posted by foragefarmer View Post
                    'Lots of good used machinery out there"

Exactly, and do any of you honestly think this equipment would ever get to be considered "good used machinery"

How many of those older used Belarus and Dons are still around farm yards being used?

You get what you pay for!

Argentina isn't Russia....

Equipment gets used for much longer and holds valur much longer down there.

ie. This Don Roque (Vasalli's smaller conventional combines) with 5000/ 4500 hours.
                    https://www.agroads.com.ar/detalle.asp?clasi=499781 https://www.agroads.com.ar/detalle.asp?clasi=499781

It's not unusual to find tractors with 25,000 hours and combines with 10,000-15,000... And not all that old year wise.

One of the perks of a never ending growing season.... When your combine and seeder run almost every month of the year you get far better value out of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Klause View Post
                      Argentina isn't Russia....

Equipment gets used for much longer and holds valur much longer down there.

ie. This Don Roque (Vasalli's smaller conventional combines) with 5000/ 4500 hours.
                      https://www.agroads.com.ar/detalle.asp?clasi=499781 https://www.agroads.com.ar/detalle.asp?clasi=499781

It's not unusual to find tractors with 25,000 hours and combines with 10,000-15,000... And not all that old year wise.

One of the perks of a never ending growing season.... When your combine and seeder run almost every month of the year you get far better value out of them.
                      And I know of guys who trade off combines with 140h lol I still think cheapest way is buy slightly used and run for 5-10 years.

Comment

"Argentina isn't Russia.... "

Very true, not hard to be Communist built garbage. I'll stick with equipment I can get parts for, especially during seeding and harvest.

Time is money in my books regarding my farm. I would rather buy good used North American equipment than risking it on new foreign equipment. But to each their own.

Comment

Bgmb and foragefarmer:

It really doesn't matter what y'all run. Argentina is a huge and growing export competitor... When their iron and freight is less than half of ours who will survive low prices or low demand longer?

Kinda what I'm getting at here...

Comment

May interest you that Cdn dollar = 15.6 Argentine Peso today. Peso coin kinda like toonie in picture-not sure the actual size.

Comment

Originally posted by foragefarmer View Post
                              "Argentina isn't Russia.... "

Very true, not hard to be Communist built garbage. I'll stick with equipment I can get parts for, especially during seeding and harvest.

Time is money in my books regarding my farm. I would rather buy good used North American equipment than risking it on new foreign equipment. But to each their own.
                              Amen forage

or at least North American supported foreign equipment. Agco has stuff coming from all over, I believe every other North American brand has something coming from offshore as well but at least it's supported domestically. Although I have heard some rumor-mill horror stories about Iveco and Sisu replacement engine availability. Who knows what all else..... It's a world market and the world is alot smaller than it used to be.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.