• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can the planet feed 10 billion interesting read for farmers and consumers

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Main contributor to hunger is political difficulties, not agronomic limitations.

It will always be this way.

Human ingenuity has always responded positively to natural, existential challenges. It's the way we're made.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/opinion/the-world-has-a-surplus-of-food-so-why-cant-we-eliminate-hunger/article34709360/ https://www.theglobeandmail.com/opinion/the-world-has-a-surplus-of-food-so-why-cant-we-eliminate-hunger/article34709360/

Seems to me that the world surplus is something like 50 or 60 days? Or maybe 90? But around those figures, if I'm not mistaken.
    Last edited by burnt; Mar 11, 2018, 12:01.

Comment

Disrupting the current cheap food policy would stimulate the masses to grab torches and pitchforks. It's absolutely in govt best interest to keep the population cheaply fed. Hungry people get violent.

Comment

Originally posted by macdon02 View Post
        Disrupting the current cheap food policy would stimulate the masses to grab torches and pitchforks. It's absolutely in govt best interest to keep the population cheaply fed. Hungry people get violent.
        And every farmer on earth ,oh except French pissed of farmers, never get violent, just keep getting screwed by the 98% NOT farmers. Society has nothing to fear from farmers, but 98% hungry would be chaos. We lose every time the options are weighed behind closed doors. The 98 can put down any pissed of farmers easily. At the ballot box even easier.

Comment

My point has nothing to do with the ability of getting adequate supplies to where they're needed. Or politically induced famine or hunger is in fact a reality.....

The point was an inadequate supply.

Successive catastrophic crop failures due to volcanic winters, longterm continuous devastating droughts, meteor strike, go ahead and laugh.....man is no match for the power of Mother Nature.

We probably can feed the world's forecasted 10 billion people.....if we're allowed to, by the grace of Mother Nature.

Comment

Ever wonder why gun control rules in Canada are way different than the US. If shit ever hit the fan the masses would riot and there would be chaos and dead bodies everywhere. When people get hungry they do whatever it takes to survive. I believe Farma is right that the food supply is tighter than they let on. Can’t keep the prices low if supplies are tight. Another thing that a lot of people can’t fathom is the amount of tonnes of food we waste in this country. We could feed thousands of people with what we throw away.

Comment

You guys know its cheaper to move the cows to the feed than the feed to the cows.....there is a lesson there.

Comment

I have access to a quant system that looks for and identify cycles. It looks at markets on all time frames and on a yearly level it is very very interesting. It's showing 2019 as a direction change followed by 4 successive years of panic cycles. Possibly outside reversals on a yearly level or sheer panic. It'll be interesting times ahead to say the least as a grain farmer. It's also showing trend into 2024

Comment

Originally posted by macdon02 View Post
                  I have access to a quant system that looks for and identify cycles. It looks at markets on all time frames and on a yearly level it is very very interesting. It's showing 2019 as a direction change followed by 4 successive years of panic cycles. Possibly outside reversals on a yearly level or sheer panic. It'll be interesting times ahead to say the least as a grain farmer. It's also showing trend into 2024
                  Macdon, could you explain what you are talking about in more detail.

Sorry, I’m not bright enough on my own.

Comment

Originally posted by Stampsguy View Post
                    Macdon, could you explain what you are talking about in more detail.

Sorry, I’m not bright enough on my own.
                    He is likely referring to Martin Armstrong. There is a lot of info posted there for free access: https://www.armstrongeconomics.com/blog/ https://www.armstrongeconomics.com/blog/

He is forecasting a big upwards move in grain prices due to deteriorating (cooling) climate. This is all based on historical cycles of virtually everything economic related.

You can also subscribe to his forecasting service which allows access to "Socrates" where one can evidently create forecasts for most anything.

Comment

Correct. I went to the 2016 conference in Orlando sat with employees of Canada's biggest banks, was told to prepare for a possible doubling of interest rates overnight in Canada. Was told that Sunday afternoon and first thing Monday morning RBC and TD jacked prime on mortgages. Have had access since Jan of 17 and after about 4 months of trying to understand it the light bulb came on. It's legit. Now the kicker is the grain cos either have the same or possibly Renaissance s system, or a variation of their own. It's mind blowing the accuracy in locating turn points. Then you see how every market is connected. All I can say is there is a cycle to everything. Fundamentals mean nothing. It's very tradeable just on the numbers. But extremely easy to blow your brains out as well if you don't understand it. It takes me about 2 months after harvest just to get reconnected to it. Expect that to get shorter as I go with it.
                      Last edited by macdon02; Mar 11, 2018, 23:05.

Comment

It's a shit ton of info to process.

Comment

https://www.armstrongeconomics.com/markets-by-sector/agriculture/the-approaching-famine/

Prepare for less bushels

Comment

Macdon2

Interesting and yet no one learns from this?????

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                              Macdon2

Interesting and yet no one learns from this?????
                              it should make the Railroads job easier! See there's always a bright side.

Comment

He blames inheritance taxes for gmo and less seed diversity??
                                I like cyclical studies and dislike inheritance taxes but he jumped the shark there.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.