• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My winter vacation

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My winter vacation

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180211_141657.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	94.4 KB
ID:	777901Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180222_095338.jpg
Size:	87.2 KB
ID:	777903

looks peaceful

Comment

Looks like most of mine.

Comment

My electronic monitoring ankle bracelet limits how far I can go on holidays.

Comment

I would have chosen Mexico.

Comment

I think the 3 weeks i took off my regular job christmas 1979 to work on argus 7 at 40 below was at least less fun.

Comment

May we ask what you are doing, maybe a gas line?

Comment

Klause, I hope you're not subsidizing the farm....(ing Industry!!!)

>:-(

Comment

Keyword being "looks"peaceful.
                  Depends on the camp, the coworkers, the company, the equipment. But yes, that roadshot looks peaceful. Depending on the traffic behind you and around the corner.
                  Great feeling when the sun gets this high. Real cozy. Break up next week though.
                  Still better than anywhere near a city!!

Comment

It's really happening, scoping out land in Putin's back yard!

Comment

A good portion of Canadas backyard looks quite like that.

Comment

Bored. Sitting in the cab of the drill waiting for a reamer change...

Margins in boring and ROI are much better than farming roflol.

It's +8 here. Turning muddy.

Fun project were on. Something different every few days. Power to a ski hill. Power to an oil sands injection pad. Oil pipeline. Gas service to a grain dryer. Water to a resort... :P

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180311_163525.jpg
Size:	94.9 KB
ID:	766286

Comment

Back in the day, my off-farm, self-generated subsidy check came from cutting/skidding hardwoods.

I can guarantee, there was no boredom on the job there LOL. 051 Stihl was the superbeast chainsaw of choice, then 076s. Heavy beast it was but smooth and steady.

One windy day when no one should have been in the woods, we had a few trees hung up real close together because they wouldn't go where we tried to fall them - too much swinging in the wind. Just stupid being there. Tried using one tree to knock the last one down - just stupid.

Then one tree finally went down and set off a chain reaction - like dominoes, trees going every direction around us. Surprisingly, neither of us got hurt and we up and started singing this song -

"Whether you're a brother or whether you're a mother
                          You're stayin' alive, stayin' alive
                          Feel the city breakin' and everybody shakin'
                          And we're stayin' alive, stayin' alive
                          Ah, ha, ha, ha, stayin' alive, stayin' alive
                          Ah, ha, ha, ha, stayin' alive..."

LOLLZ! Oh the 80's, 10 ' tall and bullet proof...

Theme song below -

So, I like your cab....

Comment

That story had me laughin for miles. Ahh the 80s before big safety was a thing. I remember some uber sketchy shit myself. Got a scar on my nose from a wayward top myself. Knew a few who didnt survive the time period.
                            Klause when your over 40 you will appreciate being in that cab watching the young bucks wrastlin the iron in the mud.
                            Yup, breakup is here boys. Take care.

Comment

Originally posted by makar View Post
                              May we ask what you are doing, maybe a gas line?
                              The top pics were a power line going to a site.

The bottom one is 3 pipelines next to each other. Doing the 3rd today.

Sitting in a cab is nice but I still like being outside giving er shit too.

Missed this. Good small crew. All of us are friends... Work is more fun than work. Days go by fast

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.