• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marketing/Canola

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marketing/Canola

This morning so far

Soybeans are higher by 2 ½ cents although trade making new highs has abated and beans have been trading below $10 now for the last three sessions after testing that level last week. More fuel from Argentina may be needed here to continue to feed the bullish fire.

And The Retarded sister

Canola is sideways this morning and has been trading in a tight sideways range since the 19th of January. Currently at $495, it’s relatively unchanged overnight. Palm oil lost much of it’s gains from yesterday overnight and bean oil is also lower in the overnight session.

See in around Jan 19 th is the time Stats canada was saying we are growing wall to wall canola and oh by the way the bins are busting.

Yea soy up and us nothing.

Wonder why.

Thanks

Seems intra-day trading shows signs of life and then it falls back. Can't seem to hold gains and sustain a rally.

Comment

Remember all those targets that people signed and got picked up? Why would anyone have to bid in the market now when their books are full and maybe look at the rail movement for what a big crop....

Backed up with full grain companies bookings.....

Do you see lentils and peas moving might be another clue....

Comment

Yesterday a Broker in Eastern Sask contracted a total of 990 tonnes fob farm for $11.00. Edit: Although I don't know the delivery date...... Prompt and Feb(just around the corner)

28 tonne loads, guess where they're going.

Local terminal January bids average $10.65 and all within pennies of each other.
        Last edited by farmaholic; Jan 30, 2018, 08:01.

Comment

CAD creating big headwinds, funds content to stay short (estimate up to 25000 net short position at the moment) Be interesting to see CGC numbers over the next month. Exports ahead of last year but crush a bit behind. Lets see if this trend continues or if we start to see some export number sag. Market still fighting wanting to believe the 21.3 Mill MT number. With farmer deliveries almost 2 % behind last years I CAN NOT believe that we are a 21.3 crop. I'm still just a bit under 20 million mt. Canola needs a shot in the arm. Still feels to me like we could break out to the upside anytime but are gonna need a big pull back in the CAD for that to happen in the near term IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
            Yesterday a Broker in Eastern Sask contracted a total of 990 tonnes fob farm for $11.00. Edit: Although I don't know the delivery date...... Prompt and Feb(just around the corner)

28 tonne loads, guess where they're going.

Local terminal January bids average $10.65 and all within pennies of each other.
            28 ton loads tells me into the states. If I had to guess it would be Plentywood, Columbia Grain.
            I had some hauled there last year and they have called me a couple times this winter. At that time their prices weren’t good.

Comment

Interesting that a broker can hire trucks into the states and everyone is making money but the families have to take more using railcars in 10000 tonne lots.....

Comment

Price will get back to where it was 2 months ago..then we will sell some more..
                What a game..

Comment

.....is it possible the locals have no home for any.....but you should deliver and price later, nothing like transferring risk.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                    Interesting that a broker can hire trucks into the states and everyone is making money but the families have to take more using railcars in 10000 tonne lots.....
                    certain families also own crushing plants, they don't want to compete with themselves. those usa loads probably going direct to US crushers?

Comment

Canola up slightly today.
                      CDN $ .794
                      Oil down
                      Stock markets down

I’m hoping for $ to decrease.....see what happens.

Comment

Originally posted by Oliver88 View Post
                        Canola up slightly today.
                        CDN $ .794
                        Oil down
                        Stock markets down

I’m hoping for $ to decrease.....see what happens.
                        Should keep heading up daily now, just sold the rest of mine yesterday!

Comment

Originally posted by GDR View Post
                          Should keep heading up daily now, just sold the rest of mine yesterday!
                          Thank you kindly

Comment

Canola now $510 May
                            $516 July

Comment

Originally posted by Oliver88 View Post
                              Canola now $510 May
                              $516 July
                              Might be time to lock in some futures in my nexera basis contracts. Or wait and play the spring seeding drought card.....

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.