• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Associates and Assocation

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Associates and Assocation

Businesses often ally with one another to share information, lessen costs. Keeping or gaining control of their business is key to prevent handing control over to govt, to becoming cut out of the loop, to settling for subsistence earnings. Or becoming a victim. Or bankruptcy. Or exiting.

Shipping info, sharing transportation costs, contacts, are all key to keeping money in one's own pocket. Taxation. Wealth transfer.

Agriculture is big. Oil is big. Potash is big.

They are the three amigos of wealth creation in the West. They should be talking amongst themselves. Pegging commonalities. Planning how to help each other save money by sharing info, and associating when it's mutually beneficial.

If agricultural groups reach out, as all successful businesses do, a new conversation begins. Pars
    Last edited by parsley; Jan 12, 2018, 08:34.

Where do you think their common interests lie?

Comment

Rereading your post, I see that transportation is a common theme and that is where I think they could work together.

Comment

Just imagine twinned rail lines that would keep trains moving....with today's technology of knowing exact position ....our country would be kicking ass. .....we are more content to build overpasses instead of railway twinning or a new one...

Highways are not environmentally friendly .....railways are....

Comment

Originally posted by parsley View Post
          Businesses often ally with one another to share information, lessen costs. Keeping or gaining control of their business is key to prevent handing control over to govt, to becoming cut out of the loop, to settling for subsistence earnings. Or becoming a victim. Or bankruptcy. Or exiting.

Shipping info, sharing transportation costs, contacts, are all key to keeping money in one's own pocket. Taxation. Wealth transfer.

Agriculture is big. Oil is big. Potash is big.

They are the three amigos of wealth creation in the West. They should be talking amongst themselves. Pegging commonalities. Planning how to help each other save money by sharing info, and associating when it's mutually beneficial.

If agricultural groups reach out, as all successful businesses do, a new conversation begins. Pars
          Like dealing with limited rail capacity.

Comment

Originally posted by Misterjade9 View Post
            There are so many, Misterjade!

1. Lobbying. During the taxation-fiasco, the Minister of Finance created a backlash by suddenly announcing slapping a new tax on wealth creators; doctors, farmers, small businesses et al. I was amazed how quickly the taxpayer-groups Morneau targeted, instantly began defending each other on Twitter. Doctors retweeted farmers. Commonality. Lobbying could work the same way for the three amigos; oil potash and ag.

Comment

2. Shipping.
              Right now, I can ship a parcel, and follow its progress. by typing in my shipping number in their webpage.

Why not grain, oil and potash share a common dispatcher! Grain could leave a farm or a grain structure, sealed, with a custom ID on the exterior that can be scanned along the way. Quickly. Each ID would encase the properties of the load, its origin and owners, data, etc. scanned at each entry. At ports.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/QR_code

Shippers and manufacturers would be identifiable every step of the way, scanners could be customized for each of the three amigos, with shared costs. Saves a pile of money. pars
              Last edited by parsley; Jan 12, 2018, 06:08. Reason: Spelling

Comment

3. Transportation shipments could be better Co-ordinated by working together. Shipments by trucks, ships & rail to buyer easier to fill. Three voice can persuade railways better then one. Include the ocean shipments already being kept track of. Pars.

Comment

Originally posted by parsley View Post
                  3. Transportation shipments could be better Co-ordinated by working together. Shipments by trucks, ships & rail to buyer easier to fill. Three voice can persuade railways better then one. Include the ocean shipments already being kept track of. Pars.
                  I agree with everything you've mentioned but would add that oil, potash and grain have a common interest for oil/Natural Gas pipelines to be completed and approved.

Comment

Originally posted by Oliver88 View Post
                    I agree with everything you've mentioned but would add that oil, potash and grain have a common interest for oil/Natural Gas pipelines to be completed and approved.
                    Absolutely, Oliver. Wouldn't it be fabulous if ag negotiated with oil/gas companies, the option to waiver drilling, etc, fees, in exchange for individual farm power stations? Self -sufficiency/emergency power.

Small power stations on farms fueled by gas surely holds potential. The realm of possibility lies with the willingness of big ag to reach out to big oil, expressing a desire to have a farm power unit, and to forfeit some of the leasing dollars to make it possible.

Less lease dollars means building pipelines would be more affordable.

A 'Partnership' relationship between oil and ag is a win win. Pars

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                      Just imagine twinned rail lines that would keep trains moving....with today's technology of knowing exact position ....our country would be kicking ass. .....we are more content to build overpasses instead of railway twinning or a new one...

Highways are not environmentally friendly .....railways are....
                      Money is the issue. And rail monopoly.

Here again, bucket, ag has the opportunity to approach the railways to negotiate needed land for twinned rails, by forfeiting cash for the land; taking shares in the company. Or if you really want the cash, sell your access-land to oil/potash, who in turn will take shares in the railroads. After all, all amigos need more, safer railroads.

Negotiation. Mutual interests. Pars.
                      Last edited by parsley; Jan 12, 2018, 07:57.

Comment

Good Morning, Agrivillers,
                        Agriculture has been amazingly pro-active with regards to technology adaptation; especially farmers.

Being very proactive as farmers, with where you want to head, is pressing. If you don't lead the way, some idiot politicians will do it for you. I think we can relate to the word idiot very well. It was 2017.

Farmers could use a trusted think tank who sit around and think, advise, see the big picture: Write up a few recommendations. Talk around. Fish. Cut bait.

It sounds dumb. But it's deadly.

I predict 2018 is the year of the Smoothies. Looking for cash. For a foothold. For retainers, fees, & per diems. Morneau-exemptions. Legislated favors. And theft. Your margins have alrready been decimated

I learned about a real living 'action plan' in real living motion from Chris Sutter, who had the notion Agribition would be a good thing for Saskatchewan farmers to showcase cattle. We would yak all the way to Regina to join others who supported the idea. He committed his time to ag, big time. Volunteered. Spending time with your kids instead of buying them a new video game is what really counts, Well, giving of your time to ag for future generations, is also what really counts.

1. Farmers can be who and what you want to be if you plan it.
                        2. A journey with like-minds makes plans successful.
                        3. You know who does stuff for $$ and who does it for the good.
                        4. Head down, ass up. Farmers know all about this.

Just a few thoughts for you this morning.

It's -34C, so the oxygen level is high.

And the electricity is on. 😊Pars

Comment

I realize I am being redundant, but the census forms requiring farmers to reveal their yearly production hurts farmers. It's valuable data that helps everyone but farmers. Farmers must negotiate with the Govt and with Stats Canada to either get some benefit for us, or we refuse to co-operate. Hand-wringing is not effective. Pars

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                          • Return to Topic List
                          Working...
                          X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                          You agree to our and by clicking I agree.