• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

End of the Week Thursday Report.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok. Can't help myself. Horse, how do you market your cattle? Just dump the calves in the fall?

It doesn't matter how much grain you have. All it takes is alittle reading.

Just reading between the lines, but I am guessing what you really liked was that you got the same price as everyone else. Nobody got a better price by keeping informed and following the market signals.

"Collective poverty" was the CWB motto.

Comment

Originally posted by LEP View Post

Capitalism " The unequal distribution of wealth"
      Communism " The equal distribution of poverty"

I think it applies.

Comment

Capitalism leads to communism unchecked and vice versa....

Think about what stage we are in....

Comment

Precipitation badge goes to those who had either extreme.

The chicken cannon goes to those that cries all year how bad it was only to one day say hey my 50 canola is alright. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by LEP View Post
            Ok. Can't help myself. Horse, how do you market your cattle? Just dump the calves in the fall?

It doesn't matter how much grain you have. All it takes is alittle reading.

Just reading between the lines, but I am guessing what you really liked was that you got the same price as everyone else. Nobody got a better price by keeping informed and following the market signals.

No really I used to finish my calves and a few more if I had the feed, but the capalistic system fu,d that as I could get buyers to come look at my cattle ,they would even sort them,I only fed between 50/150 head, get bids from gainers, burns,intercon,cp Then in comes the BTOs and all of a sudden just send them they will look after them for you,HA HA the last cattle I fed I had the BTO in the area sell them and even offering 6 pots of cattle it still took2 weeks to move them ( only just under 1 pot was mine).
            If I was the genunis you seem to think you are do you hit the top of the market every time ? Hell why would you bother growing any thing just buy low sell high F all to it.
            Ive listened to enough on here to know you are all liars or just like to bitch, if you hit top market all the time why all the fuming crying about prices.

Comment

Lep where do you farm out there in welfare land eastern/ southern Alta ??

Comment

Just curious, what is cost per day to attend show?

Comment

Nope I don't hit the the high but I treat it like a business and roll with it. Once you do it for a while you realize nobody hits only the highs. I guarantee you CWB certainly didn't.

I think the comment that you just wanted to dump your production and let the CWB market it, is the dumbest and irresponsible thing a farmer could say. Your farming because of the lifestyle aren't you or is it a hobby? I have to farm for a living. I am in business to earn a living for my family and pay for my retirement, so I take it seriously. My advice, you need to treat it like a business and enjoy the lifestyle benefits when you can.
                  Last edited by LEP; Jan 11, 2018, 23:18.

Comment

I'm sure Horse does the same with his accounting, banking, estate planning etc. Just dump it on somebody else.
                    They'll do better than he because he doesnt want to know and would rather pay the bill and consider it done.
                    Kinda like takin your calves to this weeks market based on last weeks prices and sell all your inventory in seconds.
                    Then, having a lot of other people to blame, go home with check.

Ya, Mallee, few supported it then, fewer now. Real facts.
                    Jeez, we need silver bullets and garlic to keep that undead bastard in the ground.

Comment

So I need to be a banker, market analist,financial investor,comodity trader, mechanic,plumer,,and so on the last time I checked those were all professions on there own.
                      I think you have it backwards enjoy life style if that's what you call it, first then business, if not enough time pick a new business, there is always work for those willing to do it.
                      If the CWB was so bad a business example why has almost all other business gone to a monopolistic example ie packers grain cos fret machinery,walmart, telecommunications, little guys keep piping up just to be shut down.
                      And with my illiteracy and the help of spell check it makes for some new meanings of words.

Comment

And while your at it. Phone Winnipeg for permission to sell a % of those calves every once in a while.
                        Out of feed? Too bad your not in a designated feed shortage area. You cannot legally sell your calves for market value if you do not get Winnipegs permission. And forget permission until everyone else in every region sells the same % of their herd.

Ever notice, a lot of supporters had small % of total sales from board anyway?

With respect, if no one wants your calves or your grain, you might be doing something wrong.
                        (Caveat: Deepest respect for those much smarter than I who make their living with cattle. Illustrative questions only.)

Comment

OK,
                          Do you blindly trust your bankers, lawyers, plumbers etc?
                          Or do you keep yourself informed as to what theyre doing with your assets?
                          Never ask questions or get quotes?

None of the monopolies you mention are communistic.

Comment

Yes I ask questions but I am really out gunned, that is there buss I may know a little but I feel someone who studies this for a living I am willing to give the devel his dues I don't feel the need to broker a deal to sell a boat load of beef of wheat

Comment

Contracted professionals have to explain the effects of their actions. And have reasonable attention to the job.
                              ( Personally I love the saying, " A man can consider himself a success if he goes through life never having hired a lawyer!")

I personally know of no farmer who brokers his own containers to China. (Klause?) But my peas did just that through a company, off combine. Illegal under the board.
                              Under the board you would not have been allowed to sell more than 20 beef processed or other, off farm privately.
                              Prior to the 70s you would not have been allowed to transport or sell your calves interprovincially.

Comment

BP before the 70s most of our calves went east mostly Ontario.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.