• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canada and fighter jets

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mcfarms View Post
    They are buying f35a's think of it this way they are buying s790's we are buying their trade ins which are 9770's with 1500 sep hours on them because our 9600 conventionals are wore out. Now if the day ever comes we realize we need 790's to harvest the crop then the difference is going to be huge.
    good analogy , but i think you are being generous , more like we are buying 7700's with 6000 hr on them

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
      good analogy , but i think you are being generous , more like we are buying 7700's with 6000 hr on them
      You guys are right I was being too generous we are buying used 9600's

The Royal Australian Air Force (RAAF) has operated McDonnell Douglas F/A-18 Hornet fighter aircraft since 1984. The Australian Government purchased 75 "A" and "B" variants of the F/A-18 in 1981 to replace the RAAF's Dassault Mirage III fighters. The Hornets entered service with the RAAF between 1984 and 1990, and 71 remain in operation as of 2017.

Comment

Sound like a lefty liberal here but stay out of wars same money save lives.

My dear departed dad who was a POW for nearly 4 years often said modern wars are a waste of time and money different that any wars previously. Was kinda talking 1980s onwards

Comment

So the Canadian govt buys Australia's planes. Dumps three times what they paid for them. in ten years they are all scrapped. Sounds like a big waste of money. Good thing we have govt that only knows how to rip off tax payers.

Comment

From what I understand these used F-18's from Australia are pretty much worn out and as such will just be spare parts to keep the existing CF 18's flying for a few more years. I think the Australians have quit using them as the airframes are pretty much finished.

Comment

I also think Harper had the Boeing deal all worked out but then Trudeau junked that deal.

Comment

Looks like Trudeau is going to whip out his big CF 18's

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...
                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.